The beginning of a change for the worst at City

BillyShears said:
Anyone who believes Sheikh Mansour should be subsidizing your match day experience as well as your team is a spoiled fuck IMO. I grew up not being able to afford a fucking ticket - when we were shite. I had to pick and choose, as I still do.

I was just as happy to follow City when we were shit. In fact it was better in some ways. I'd still be as happy to support City if the Sheikh left us tomorrow. I'd still go to the games and support them. I don't support City for us to win things and be a big club, I support them because they are my club. If it gets to the point where I can't afford to go then I'd rather go back to being shit!

had a season ticket for 15 years im only 22 got a 3 year old and one on the way ive just been laid off from work and well if tickets go up next year i will not be able to go and ill be fuckin gutted cus this is the only thing i really enjoy doing in my life apart from spendin time with the kids. i dont know any different than going to watch city on the weekend, this might sound really selfish but i would rather be watching us in mid table then not going at all and watching it on tv with some corporate cunts there who dont have a clue what it actually means to support this club.

after missing out on united away for the first time in a long time with 5190 points i thought ide go chelsea instead (i never been chelsea before) but now thats sold out.

most likely non of you will agree with me but each to there own.

As with every thing in life you have a choice. If it's too expensive or you don't like it it's simple. Fuck off and do something else but don't whine like fucking women about it.

You have a choice why not join the clowns at fc utd you can paY a fiver and watch non league football to your hearts content.

danburge82 said:
BillyShears said:
Anyone who believes Sheikh Mansour should be subsidizing your match day experience as well as your team is a spoiled fuck IMO. I grew up not being able to afford a fucking ticket - when we were shite. I had to pick and choose, as I still do.

I was just as happy to follow City when we were shit. In fact it was better in some ways. I'd still be as happy to support City if the Sheikh left us tomorrow. I'd still go to the games and support them. I don't support City for us to win things and be a big club, I support them because they are my club. If it gets to the point where I can't afford to go then I'd rather go back to being shit!
Agree with both posts.

What amazes me is that people didn't work out this was coming. There is only one model in football, where success is involved, and it involves paying more, and there being far mor corporate, and day tripper types.

alera said:
As with every thing in life you have a choice. If it's too expensive or you don't like it it's simple. Fuck off and do something else but don't whine like fucking women about it.

You have a choice why not join the clowns at fc utd you can paY a fiver and watch non league football to your hearts content.

The biggest thing for me that nobody seems to get is that the hike in prices will not benefit the club as the seats will go unsold. We can't sell out at £15 £17 £22.50 a game. Never mind 10000 corperate seats. We do not have a big support and do not have the population surrounding us nor the arm chair fanbase to just turn up and support us just because we're good. What part of that makes me a "knob head" as you so eloquently called me before? They are facts, we don't have a big nor well off support!

The inevitable I wish we were shit again comments start again. Feeds back in to the don't want the stadium expanding more fans etc. Think small be small. Never get anywhere never win anything again.

If people honestly think like this ( thankfully its the minority) fair enough like I said you have the option of voting with your feet. Macc town , bury , stockport are all local shit and have cheap tickets if thats you thing.

As someone already pointed out there have been very cheap cup game tickets and still the ground is empty. Yet people still moan they want to Cherry pick the best matches and not fork out for a cheap season card. Bit indefensible IMO.

alera said:

why should we have to go and support another team? bit of a **** yourself aint you.

edit: ive been to all the cup games home and away this year (apart from the aways in europe as i just couldnt afford it.)

cleavers said:
What amazes me is that people didn't work out this was coming. There is only one model in football, where success is involved, and it involves paying more, and there being far mor corporate, and day tripper types.

And y'know what Cleavers...those who sneer at the corporates and the day trippers piss me off no end too. I'll hazard a guess, back in January 2007 if we'd had a survey amongst the 'die hards', the vast majority would have agreed/accepted that if fast success meant price rises which weren't in anyway excessive within the context of the league, they'd have signed up there and then.

I respect the frustration of anyone who simply can't afford to keep their season ticket, but I struggle to respect anyone who begins to feel entitled to be able to go week in and week out just because they could afford to do it last year.

alera said:

That's fine saying that but if the prices rocket and fans do decide "to fuck off and do something else" who's going to replace them? People aren't exactly smashing the gates down to get in even though we're doin well because the brutal facts are we've achieved fuck all yet!!

Why should the club subsidise cheap tickets for the best matches when we already have some of the cheapest season tickets in the league ?

No word of a lie I have had this argument a few times this season and the talk of expanding the stadium and fan base always come into it. Some People don't want and can't except change.

Very negative and backwards thinking, I say again we currently have some of the cheapest season tickets in the league with success they will of course go up but I see nothing from our owners that suggest a rags style shake down of city fans. A million miles from it in fact.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.