The beginning of a change for the worst at City

alera said:
The inevitable I wish we were shit again comments start again. Feeds back in to the don't want the stadium expanding more fans etc. Think small be small. Never get anywhere never win anything again.

If people honestly think like this ( thankfully its the minority) fair enough like I said you have the option of voting with your feet. Macc town , bury , stockport are all local shit and have cheap tickets if thats you thing.

But none of them are my club. You don't just pick your club! And read my last post just above again. We don't have a big support and the support we do have are not well off. We will not sell these corperate tickets in their thousands, it fuckin won't happen. Where will they come from? As I said previously, United had a huge following from 1958 onwards all over the country and eventually the world. It didn't have much about winning things because for anoint time they only win the odd cup! With their continual increaing of the size of their stadium, increasing ther corperate tickets and filling them all - they didn't just one day all wake up and decide to be United fans; whether they be cockney/Irish or Mancunian as more than we give them credit for are, they were already United fans throughout a few genrations of their families. WE DO NOT HAVE THIS AND WILL NOT FOR A GOOD WHILE SO ALIENATING THE SUPPORT WE DO CURRENTLY HAVE WILL JUST KEAVE THE STADIUM WITH ACTUALLY FEWER FANS!

i dont understand.
The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
Quote:
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=1&p=4123610#p4123610 .

Don be calling people that on here please.

Surprise, surprise. The apologists are here. You're late boys.

In reality, none of us are making any unreasonable demands. We don't expect £5 tickets, and neither do we expect free season tickets and a complementary blowjob from an attractive blonde steward upon on the half-time whistle.

We'd simply appreciate it if our loyalty wasn't exploited in an effort to generate a little more unnecessary income which could be subsidised by other means. Especially when every single one of us is feeling the economic pinch more than ever.

The FFP ruling couldn't have come at a more convenient time for the club, for it provides the perfect excuse to raise prices for anything and everything slightly City related, and a large proportion of our fans are falling for it hook, line and sinker.

But yes, we should all accept and welcome with open arms, the idea of ticket prices similar to those at Chelsea and co. While ignoring the fact that our fanbase is primarily working class, and couldn't possibly afford such prices. Unless you're advocating pricing out the fans who've propped this club up throughout its history?

In which case you're a morally defunct tosser, and the price increase likely won't affect you because you don't attend anyway.

The rest of us shouldn't accept this, and should do all we can to fight it. Nothing unreasonable, we just expect due care and consideration to be taken when it comes to deciding ticket prices for a supremely loyal, largely working-class fanbase who are struggling in the current economic climate.

If that's too much to ask then I don't know why we bother with football in the 21st century, because it fucking stinks.

danburge82 said:
alera said:
The inevitable I wish we were shit again comments start again. Feeds back in to the don't want the stadium expanding more fans etc. Think small be small. Never get anywhere never win anything again.

If people honestly think like this ( thankfully its the minority) fair enough like I said you have the option of voting with your feet. Macc town , bury , stockport are all local shit and have cheap tickets if thats you thing.

But none of them are my club. You don't just pick your club! And read my last post just above again. We don't have a big support and the support we do have are not well off. We will not sell these corperate tickets in their thousands, it fuckin won't happen. Where will they come from? As I said previously, United had a huge following from 1958 onwards they. With their continual increaing of the size of their stadium, increasing ther corperate tickets and filling them all - they didn't just one day all wake up and decide to be United fans; whether they be cockney/Irish or Mancunian as more than we give them credit for are, they were already United fans throughout a few genrations of their families. WE DO NOT HAVE THIS AND WILL NOT FOR A GOOD WHILE SO ALIENATING THE SUPPORT WE DO CURRENTLY HAVE WILL JUST KEAVE THE STADIUM WITH ACTUALLY FEWER FANS!

Not in IT are you dan? I spoke to a guy today called dan burgess. I assumed I knew him from somewhere as I recognised the name, I just realised as you posted I've seen the name on here. The guy must have thought I was a right over familiar twat either that or flirting with him

BillyShears said:
cleavers said:
What amazes me is that people didn't work out this was coming. There is only one model in football, where success is involved, and it involves paying more, and there being far mor corporate, and day tripper types.

And y'know what Cleavers...those who sneer at the corporates and the day trippers piss me off no end too. I'll hazard a guess, back in January 2007 if we'd had a survey amongst the 'die hards', the vast majority would have agreed/accepted that if fast success meant price rises which weren't in anyway excessive within the context of the league, they'd have signed up there and then.

I respect the frustration of anyone who simply can't afford to keep their season ticket, but I struggle to respect anyone who begins to feel entitled to be able to go week in and week out just because they could afford to do it last year.
As I posted earlier in the thread, people will have choices to make, carry on going, or stop going, sadly many won't be able to make the choice, they will simply be priced out.

I'm not sneering at either, I accept it will happen, and moreover accept that City need it to happen, and I said it last year but nobody wanted to listen then. I might have to cut down on games (well I already have considerably this season), the only thing is City have to play it very carefully because we do not have the kind of fanbase united and liverpool have, where they can fill the M6 for every game, and if they get it wrong it could force away some of those that have gone through thin and thinner, and that would be a mistake.

howfen blue said:
alera said:
As with every thing in life you have a choice. If it's too expensive or you don't like it it's simple. Fuck off and do something else but don't whine like fucking women about it.

You have a choice why not join the clowns at fc utd you can paY a fiver and watch non league football to your hearts content.
That's fine saying that but if the prices rocket and fans do decide "to fuck off and do something else" who's going to replace them? People aren't exactly smashing the gates down to get in even though we're doin well because the brutal facts are we've achieved fuck all yet!!

This is my point. The club will LOSE money if they up the prices too high (which they will) because we do not have the fanbase to replace any lost.<br /><br />-- Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:04 am --<br /><br />
BlueDean said:
danburge82 said:
But none of them are my club. You don't just pick your club! And read my last post just above again. We don't have a big support and the support we do have are not well off. We will not sell these corperate tickets in their thousands, it fuckin won't happen. Where will they come from? As I said previously, United had a huge following from 1958 onwards they. With their continual increaing of the size of their stadium, increasing ther corperate tickets and filling them all - they didn't just one day all wake up and decide to be United fans; whether they be cockney/Irish or Mancunian as more than we give them credit for are, they were already United fans throughout a few genrations of their families. WE DO NOT HAVE THIS AND WILL NOT FOR A GOOD WHILE SO ALIENATING THE SUPPORT WE DO CURRENTLY HAVE WILL JUST KEAVE THE STADIUM WITH ACTUALLY FEWER FANS!

Not in IT are you dan? I spoke to a guy today called dan burgess. I assumed I knew him from somewhere as I recognised the name, I just realised as you posted I've seen the name on here. The guy must have thought I was a right over familiar twat either that or flirting with him

Haha! I am Dan Burgess but I don't work in IT mate. I like that programme the IT Crowd if that helps? I've met two other Dan Burgess' in my time. Neither work in IT!

cleavers said:
BillyShears said:
And y'know what Cleavers...those who sneer at the corporates and the day trippers piss me off no end too. I'll hazard a guess, back in January 2007 if we'd had a survey amongst the 'die hards', the vast majority would have agreed/accepted that if fast success meant price rises which weren't in anyway excessive within the context of the league, they'd have signed up there and then.

I respect the frustration of anyone who simply can't afford to keep their season ticket, but I struggle to respect anyone who begins to feel entitled to be able to go week in and week out just because they could afford to do it last year.
As I posted earlier in the thread, people will have choices to make, carry on going, or stop going, sadly many won't be able to make the choice, they will simply be priced out.

I'm not sneering at either, I accept it will happen, and moreover accept that City need it to happen, and I said it last year but nobody wanted to listen then. I might have to cut down on games (well I already have considerably this season), the only thing is City have to play it very carefully because we do not have the kind of fanbase united and liverpool have, where they can fill the M6 for every game, and if they get it wrong it could force away some of those that have gone through thin and thinner, and that would be a mistake.

Thankfully the 'new' City are far more open to listening to the supporters than at any time in my lifetime. We are nowhere near a stage where prices are a genuine concern with respect to attendances. We wouldn't have filled the Aris game back when Hughes was manager and prices were much lower. League attendances have consistently been excellent at City. Like I say, I have the utmost respect for someone who is priced out of a season ticket, lord knows I've spent many a year back when we were shite being 'priced out'. But like I said, there's a sense of entitlement running through this thread, which I don't like...

Well I have had a season ticket for years I had one when we were in div 1 I have one now. I don't really go away anymore or many cup matches as I don't have the money but that's life.

For me the season ticket is good value for money for what we are getting. Anyone care to bring up a list of average season ticket prices for the league ? It's been done before and we have some of the cheapest prices overall.

Just another example of our society this sense of entitlement.

Didn't we only ask for the smaller allocation at Chelsea, 1,500 rather than 3,000 or so?
If it sold out at 5,750 points, many going to corporates, then it looks like the club has dropped a bollock there, we would have easily sold the larger allocation, even at 50 fucking quid a pop.
Reminds me of a few years ago when Shinawarta hived off a big chunk of our Chelsea away tickets, again from the smaller allocation, for his Thai supporters and cronies in London.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.