The beginning of a change for the worst at City

Perhaps people should consider moving to the cheaper seats. My season ticket in the South Stand is very reasonably priced - for now, especially if you break it down per match, although I understand some may struggle to find the initial outlay/credit. Saying that I wouldn't have thought there were that many available. Moving the kids upstairs and opening up North stand level one as additional budget seats makes a lot of sense. We must not loose our core support.

I sit there on the second tier in the south stand and the season ticket prices are a bargain IMO. You seen what rags fans have to pay every cup match with their season card. I know a bloke who had 3 season tickets for.his family for 20 years and had to give them up - it would have cost him 4 grand a year to keep them.

If it got like that I would understand but it's not and it won't. Let's get the average season tickets prices out for the league and wrap this up once and for all.

alera said:
I sit there on the second tier in the south stand and the season ticket prices are a bargain IMO. You seen what rags fans have to pay every cup match with their season card. I know a bloke who had 3 season tickets for.his family for 20 years and had to give them up - it would have cost him 4 grand a year to keep them.

If it got like that I would understand but it's not and it won't. Let's get the average season tickets prices out for the league and wrap this up once and for all.

For the quality on show and where we're going, I doubt we can be beat on price and value. Doesn't make it any easier for some unfortunately.

alera said:

I think you're missing the point entirely.

Our season ticket prices are reasonable, no-one has suggested otherwise, the question is - will they remain that way?

Individual ticket prices aren't, particularly in league fixtures, and they continue to rise.

How long will it be before our season tickets are as similarly expensive as individual tickets for league games?

But particularly, I (and many other blues) have been concerned about the changes the club have been beginning to implement as it is.

Would you care to justify the eviction of several thousand blues in East and West level 2 to be replaced by more affluent newcomers with money to spend?

I'll just try to pre-empt your reply, and I'll all but guarantee it contains the words FFP. How convenient.

*singingtheblues* said:
Hospitality get a record number of tickets for the derby a few weeks ago, and the tickets sell out at a record points criteria for a derby. Coincidence?

Marseilles fans are seen in the away end (actually wearing the replica kit), group after group of the dreaded 'football tourists' (complete with cameras and half and half City/Scum scarves), and even rags themselves.

Today, Chelsea sells out at 5750 points. Despite this, the club are still selling hospitality packages with tickets in the away end, funny that.

The club are setting a precedent, one which will be considered the norm in the coming years. Quite simply, the club are beginning to put the 'suits' before the fans, even in away fixtures. The club are making a conscious effort to change the demographic of fans at CoMS, at the expense of the rest of us. The "Old Trafford model" if you like.

Don't believe me?

Look at how our prices for individual games have soared in the past two years, to the point where in some games you'll be expected to pay £48 for the cheapest seats in the ground.

Everything continues to get more expensive, from food and drink to alcohol. All the while the club continue to tell us that we matter and we'll be consulted about any planned changes.

Last year the club introduced a new Family Stand, doubling the size of the existing one, which, has widely been regarded as a failure - due in no small part to never being full regardless of the fixture. The demand wasn't there, but the club made the plans, and then tried to convince us all that we were consulted by reminding us of a "survey" that was sent out via email. The sole purpose of the supposed "survey" was to provide the club with that very excuse. The plans were already made, yet we were told that the plans were as a direct result of a survey very few people completed.

If you've ever completed one of these surveys you'll be familiar with the words "match day experience", and "supporter satisfaction". I give you - the Old Trafford demographic.

The club are making conscious changes to make this a reality, all while trying to convince us otherwise.

Next season, the club will evict everyone from the East and West level 2 who aren't willing to see the price of their seasoncards increase by a margin of around 50% for a "premium experience". In other words, nothing more than padded seats and the introduction of an enforced passive audience. A "corporate experience" for those who are willing to be shafted for it.

And some people wonder why there has been a crackdown on "bad language" in these areas of the ground this season?

They're preparing for the change next season; a passive, middle-class audience with money to spend and little qualms about with parting with it.

So where does that leave us?

Ticket prices increasing, corporates being given priority access to away games, you name it. All I'll say is, the seasoncard renewal process could prove to be very interesting.

Just come in and read ur opening thread.
Cant be arsed reading rest of it!!
City are in the best football position that we,ve been in in years and u are being so critical. so... F**K off..IMO u are very negative about the club and progress.
I was sat in the 'corporate section' at the derby - sat there with earned loyalty points. Yes there were a number of different away faces, but these were not majority or any diferent from franks time in charge.
IMO Place this in off topic...because this just adds to the negativity that surrounds our progress.

Last year sold out at chelsea weeks before game..this year did same at arsenal.
If city would of taken bigger allocation for both these games your post may well have been different ie; 'why cant we sell out at chelsea!!'.

Lets enjoy city.

Yes ticket distribution is a issue with ticket allocations and prices, but.......please .lets not this distract from the great achievements and progress on the field.

CTID!!

bainy said:
*singingtheblues* said:
Hospitality get a record number of tickets for the derby a few weeks ago, and the tickets sell out at a record points criteria for a derby. Coincidence?

Marseilles fans are seen in the away end (actually wearing the replica kit), group after group of the dreaded 'football tourists' (complete with cameras and half and half City/Scum scarves), and even rags themselves.

Today, Chelsea sells out at 5750 points. Despite this, the club are still selling hospitality packages with tickets in the away end, funny that.

The club are setting a precedent, one which will be considered the norm in the coming years. Quite simply, the club are beginning to put the 'suits' before the fans, even in away fixtures. The club are making a conscious effort to change the demographic of fans at CoMS, at the expense of the rest of us. The "Old Trafford model" if you like.

Don't believe me?

Look at how our prices for individual games have soared in the past two years, to the point where in some games you'll be expected to pay £48 for the cheapest seats in the ground.

Everything continues to get more expensive, from food and drink to alcohol. All the while the club continue to tell us that we matter and we'll be consulted about any planned changes.

Last year the club introduced a new Family Stand, doubling the size of the existing one, which, has widely been regarded as a failure - due in no small part to never being full regardless of the fixture. The demand wasn't there, but the club made the plans, and then tried to convince us all that we were consulted by reminding us of a "survey" that was sent out via email. The sole purpose of the supposed "survey" was to provide the club with that very excuse. The plans were already made, yet we were told that the plans were as a direct result of a survey very few people completed.

If you've ever completed one of these surveys you'll be familiar with the words "match day experience", and "supporter satisfaction". I give you - the Old Trafford demographic.

The club are making conscious changes to make this a reality, all while trying to convince us otherwise.

Next season, the club will evict everyone from the East and West level 2 who aren't willing to see the price of their seasoncards increase by a margin of around 50% for a "premium experience". In other words, nothing more than padded seats and the introduction of an enforced passive audience. A "corporate experience" for those who are willing to be shafted for it.

And some people wonder why there has been a crackdown on "bad language" in these areas of the ground this season?

They're preparing for the change next season; a passive, middle-class audience with money to spend and little qualms about with parting with it.

Ticket prices increasing, corporates being given priority access to away games, you name it. All I'll say is, the seasoncard renewal process could prove to be very interesting.

City are in the best football position that we,ve been in in years and u are being so critical. so... F**K off..IMO u are very negative about the club and progress.
I was sat in the 'corporate section' at the derby - sat there with earned loyalty points. Yes there were a number of different away faces, but these were not majority or any diferent from franks time in charge.
IMO Place this in off topic...because this just adds to the negativity that surrounds our progress.

If city would of taken bigger allocation for both these games your post may well have been different ie; 'why cant we sell out at chelsea!!'.

Lets enjoy city.

Yes ticket distribution is a issue with ticket allocations and prices, but.......please .lets not this distract from the great achievements and progress on the field.

CTID!!

I got as far as "fuck off". Right back at you, tosser.

*singingtheblues* said:

Don't believe me?

Good job I moved from NS to CBL3 then innit. £29 a pop,averages out at.

alera you sound like a guy who won't be put off by any price increase and well done to you but to thousands of others it is a major problem.

No one expects to go to games for free or for very cheap, we just expect to be able to go in an affordable way. I think my season ticket at the moment is excellent value for money, it works out at around £25 per game which for the team we are watching, the stadium we are in is very reasonable. If that season ticket is to increase then along with top priced champions league games and being Catergory A now at away games, watching top flight football will become a problem.

If City raise the ticket prices this season then they will be shocked at the amount of renewels IMO

Lets just remind ourselves HRH sent to us fans last last year.

Dear Fellow City Fans,

Two years ago I was fortunate enough to become part of the Manchester City story and I remain grateful for the warmth of the welcome that you have given me.

The ownership of a Club like Manchester City, with such a rich heritage and diverse community of stakeholders, carries a unique set of obligations to the fans, staff and broader Manchester community. This is something I do not take lightly.

Therefore the challenge I set my Board and Executive Leadership Team is to develop City so that it is one of the most successful clubs both on and off the pitch, but to do so without losing any of the characteristics that make it so special.

It has been an exciting and busy two years and that is why we are publishing this annual report. It is designed for you the fans, providing a detailed perspective on the progress of your club as a business, as a member of the community and of course as a great sporting institution.

Two years ago I promised that we would try and listen to your views and keep you informed of progress. I hope after reading the report that you feel a sense of pride in just how far we have come.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the fans, staff and partners of the Club for their ongoing commitment and dedication, and wish the management and players a successful season for 2010-11.

Mansour bin Zayed

*singingtheblues* said:
bainy said:

Lets enjoy city.

CTID!!

I got as far as "fuck off". Right back at you, tosser.

Fair enough and apologies and all that... but, city are getting slagged off left right and centre. Every media outlet see's citys glass as half empty. Your opening post on a big city forum had that same negative view IMO. All beit your points may be valid.

There are 2 issues that need to be separated for me 1; The performances and league / cup progress
2; Treatment of football fans.
I would prefer they were kept separate and and off topic, allowing the fabulous improvement in MCFC football to take centre stage.

The way i look at it is, i am foremost a manchester city supporter, i got my first season ticket in 98 when i was 7, my Dad would take me to every game, even york away. Anyway, he always said to me back then that this is the worst position city have ever been in, and in a way i was glad to have witnessed us at our very worst. He always said one day we will be successful again but we just need to be patient. He also said if you want success now, go and support united. But for me supporting city wasnt about winning things it was about going having a laugh cheering on the team and just praying for 3 points. But now, its almost as if we lose its the end of the world, and if we win its 'we should have won by more'.

Quite frankly, i preferred it when we were shit, i don't care what anyone says, it was much more enjoyable back then. The money has turned city fans in to spoilt brats who want everything right now.

Anyway ... Love city, Hate football

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.