The best youngsters we have (Sabotage Times article now up)

Re: The five best youngster we have

Academy Prospects

1. Joan Angel Roman Olle (Joan Roman)

Spanish attacking midfielder bought from Espanyol summer 2009. He has shown ability and attitude beyond his young age (18/5/93). Whilst in England he has learnt how to stick the boot in aswell and is not afraid of a challenge, this can also be attributed to the fact that had he not joined us he would have been made Espanyol Under 19's captain.

His first touch, passing and dribbling are his best attributes, however his focus and concentration let him down at the moment, but I'm sure as he gets older that will all change.

Easily the best to come out of our academy so far.

2. Devante Dewar-Cole (Devante Cole)

A player that needs no introduction I'm sure. Already considered to be physically ready for the Premier League, 6'2 at 16 (10/5/95) means that he will still continue to grow.

Devante's speed is something which scares the life out of opposition centre backs, added with the fact he learnt how to finish off his dad means that this player is a very dangerous striker.

His speed, composure and finishing already look to be his best attributes, whereas his first touch and work rate could be improved.

On the whole a great prospect to have in the academy, and one I'm sure has the potential to make a living out of the game.

3. Alex Henshall

Very speedy left winger. Signed from Swindon in the summer 2010, which actually lead to us forming a partnership with Swindon and loaning them David Ball.

Henshall is currently in the England Under 17 squad for the World Cup in Mexico and has 12 caps to boot. His dribbling skills have been compared to Lionel Messi, however his crossing still leaves a little to be desired.

On the whole a very exciting young player, who almost made his professional debut with Swindon during the 2009/2010 season.

4. Harry Bunn

Born in Oldham to Frankie Bunn, our ex academy coach. Harry compares himself to Wayne Rooney, however having seen him play he is more like a fast, shorter version of Alan Shearer.

His poaching ability and "right place right time" skills cannot be coached, which makes Harry's game seem very natural to him and leaves the opposition guessing what he is going to do when he gets the ball at his feet.

Made the short trip to Carrington after christmas, along with Joan Roman.

5. George Evans

Another player with family ties as ex physion Ronnie Evans is his father. George is a silky midfielder, who has played a year up all season and is currently playing a year up in the England squad with Alex Henshall in Mexico.

George is one of those players who doesnt come along very often. He can combine his defensive ability with his attacking ability without much effort, which has drawn fair comparison to a certain Steven Gerrard I might add.

He also has the ability to dominate a game in the manner that Stevie G does as George Evans is a mighty 6'0, which under 18 level is very tall.

George is only this far down the list as he is one of the youngest, I'm sure in the coming season we will hear and see alot more about him.

Other who deserve a mention;

Coutney Meppen-Walter - If I was allowed 6 he would be on there no shadow of a doubt, this left back/centre back will be one to watch
Kieran Kennedy - Huge centre back, player for England under 19's this season
Ellis Plummer - Talented left back, one to REALLY look out for
Shay Facey - Hard as nails right back
Paul Clowes - Claude Makelele style player
Adam Drury - Pacy right winger
Jordi Hiwula - Pacy striker

EDS Prospects

1. Alex Nimely

Was an exciting young prospect, however seems to have lost his way recently with a couple of injuries, despite this Mancini still played him against Juventus so he must still show some potential.

Most internet sources have him down as 5'11, however I can tell you he isnt close to that, he is more like 5'8 but he is built like a brick shit house.

He can use his strength to out muscle defenders, his pace to get in behind defenders, his awareness to drop deep and bring in other players, and his poaching ability to get across defenders and pop one in the net.

All in all Alex will be a very good player, will he make it with City? I certainly think so.

2. Abdul Razak

Abdul came at the start of the season under a cloud from Crystal Palace, no one had heard his name since it was reported we'd signed. Then finally he played against Rochdale for EDS, and even more surprisingly made an appearance for the first team against West Brom.

Abdul is like Michael Essien, his engine is massive he runs and he runs and he runs. He loves a tackle, but also doesnt shirk his responsibility with the ball, a very technically gifted player.

Abdul will hold down a place in the first team if he keeps progressing like he is, no doubt.

3. Greg Cunningham

A Rolls Royce kind of player you might say. At 6'0 Greg doesnt mind a bit of rough and tumble out in the left back spot, in fact 30 seconds into his debut against Scunthorpe he got booked.......

Unfortunatley while at Leicester he broke his leg, which I hope has not slowed his development.

While at Leicester though Greg showed he had the ability to play both left back and left wing very competently and most Leicester supporters were very happy to seem that he agreed to stay the whole season, which im sure he would have done had he not broken his leg.

Left back for Republic of Ireland also.

4. Reece Wabara

Surprised many with the way he had developed. Adept at playing right back or left back, his favoured position is centr back though. He isnt amazingly tall though 5'11 at most, but he has the heart of a lion and the spring of a young Micah Richards.

His pace is also quite frightening, especially for a centre back. Many people within the club have compared him to Rio Ferdinand, no pressure then!

Made his debut for club and country (England Under 20's) this season, which I may add is only his first in the EDS team, plenty to come from Mr. Wabara.

5. Mohammed Abu

Havent seen him play so bare with me :)

Came from the Right to Dream Academy which can only mean good things. The ethos of the Academy is to make the pupils into proper people not just talented sports men.

Mohammed Abu seems to be similar to Nigel de Jong, and many have said that he will be challenging for a first team spot very soon!

One to look out for I'm sure.

Others who deserve a mention;

Loris Karius - German keeper struggled with injury this year
Kieran Trippier - Right back done well with Barnsley, plays for England under 21's
Ben Mee - Talented centre back, however his first break in football may have come to late, still a year left on his contract though.
Abdi Ibrahim - Not progressed as well as hoped, did well on loan at Scunthorpe though and still is showing potential
Gai Assulin - Not played enough yet reports suggest he is talented though
Jeremy Helan - Pacy left winger, gets his head on straight and he could be a fantastic prospect

Something I'm actually ITK about! yipee

Abdul Razak
Harry Bunn
Mohammed Abu
Reece Wabara
Dedryck Boyata

Unfortunately, I think a number of our other prospects from the past few years, their ship has passed by...

Mee, Trippier, McGivern, Cunningham, Ibrahim, Chantler, McDermott... even my personal tip, Alex Nimely, looks like it's over at City.

Pughie said:

Great post, I like learning about our young prospects and you appear to be very well informed.

Can't wait to read this article :P

does balotelli count?
if not:

1. Boyata
2. Suarez
3. Roman
4. Bunn
5. Assulin

We currently have lots of young players that potentially could make it here, but the 5 with the most potential are IMO: Harry Bunn, Alex Henshall, Juan Angel Roman, Denis Suarez and
Devante Cole. I would have included Gai Assulin but his injuries seem to be pulling him back.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Bunn on loan at Rochdale.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.