The big clearout!

Well Willy, Tosin, Yaya, Clichy, Zaba, Sagna and Navas are already going out with their contracts getting expired. That's 6-7 players out of that list already. It wouldn't be tough to find buyers for Hart, Mangala and Nasri who are all either quality or had decent seasons.

So I don't think it would be that difficult to ship out atleast 9-10 players out of the squad.

You forgot Wilf, Delph and Nolito

out:

bravo
zabba
kompany
mangala
clichy
nasri
yaya
navas
nacho
nolito
Fernando
hart
bony

in:

ederson
fabinho
carvalho
bonnuci
laporte
bernat or mendy
isco
mbappe

Perhaps this is why half the team were not motivated. They are thinking about futures which wont be at City. Guardiola pre-match was extremely critical of the goalsocoring.

My release list would be:

hart, bravo, Zab, Sagna, Clichy, Kolarov, Yaya, Fernandinho, Navas, Aguero, Nasri, Bony, Mangala, Nolito and Kompany

Kompany would stay of he is fit.

Aguero I am in two minds on. He is still scoring, but I don't think he is playing well. Looks very sluggish and I think his best days are behind him. From Guardiola's pre-match comments, I think he will sell him. Why is Kelechi not involved any more?

Said it earlier mate but it's gross mismanagement allowing it to get to this state .

Peps inherited a big problem- let's hope he stays longer than three years - he's going to need it!

Contracts up this summer:
Toure
Caballero
Clichy
Sagna
Zabaleta
Navas

Only one I'd keep of those is Willy, who's proven to be a very solid keeper and more than adequate back-up. The rest can go.

On-loan (with contract end date):
Hart (30/6/19)
Nasri (30/6/19)
Bony (30/6/19)
Mangala (30/6/19)

plus Denayer, Maffeo, Angelino & Zinchenko

I'd like to keep Nasri as I think he could have been used to take the place of an under-performing De Bruyne at the moment but I don't think it will happen. The rest will definitely go (or at least stay out on loan). Of the youngsters, I'm not sure about Denayer but feel the other three should be given a chance.

Contracts up next summer:
Fernandinho
Kolarov

I'd keep both of those for their final year.

Of the rest:
Bravo - been a disaster unfortunately so will go.
Kompany - clearly no place for him under Pep so I believe he'll go.
Adarabioyo - We really should be keeping him but we don't seem to be making the right noises.
Stones - Definitely keep.
Otamendi - Keep as occasionally there's a player in there.

In midfield Delph, De Bruyne, gundogan, Fernando, Silva, Sane, Garcia & Sterling should all be kept.

Up front I believe Aguero will be replaced (although I'm not too bothered if he isn't), Jesus will definitely be kept but I'm not sure about Iheanacho and Nolito as Pep doesn't seem to have much confidence in either.

So that's 11 definitely out for me (although that includes 4 who are already on loan) and question marks over all but Jesus up front.

How the fuck has that out list been allowed to happen ? It's gross mis managent that we find ourselves in a position where we need to get rid as many players as that all in one go.
Thats a question for Trocky Tixi

How the fuck has that out list been allowed to happen ? It's gross mis managent that we find ourselves in a position where we need to get rid as many players as that all in one go.
Well Hart, Mangala, Nasri and Bony makes the list look longer. They were sent away last season. Further I think we will keep Willy, Fernandinho and Agüero, so according to your list it is only 6 players that must go this summer, and they are all our of contract as far as I know, so no work required to shift them. But clearly we need to sort out deals for the 4 guys we tried to get rid of last summer.

Contracts up this summer:
Toure
Caballero
Clichy
Sagna
Zabaleta
Navas

Only one I'd keep of those is Willy, who's proven to be a very solid keeper and more than adequate back-up. The rest can go.

On-loan (with contract end date):
Hart (30/6/19)
Nasri (30/6/19)
Bony (30/6/19)
Mangala (30/6/19)

plus Denayer, Maffeo, Angelino & Zinchenko

I'd like to keep Nasri as I think he could have been used to take the place of an under-performing De Bruyne at the moment but I don't think it will happen. The rest will definitely go (or at least stay out on loan). Of the youngsters, I'm not sure about Denayer but feel the other three should be given a chance.

Contracts up next summer:
Fernandinho
Kolarov

I'd keep both of those for their final year.

Of the rest:
Bravo - been a disaster unfortunately so will go.
Kompany - clearly no place for him under Pep so I believe he'll go.
Adarabioyo - We really should be keeping him but we don't seem to be making the right noises.
Stones - Definitely keep.
Otamendi - Keep as occasionally there's a player in there.

In midfield Delph, De Bruyne, gundogan, Fernando, Silva, Sane, Garcia & Sterling should all be kept.

Up front I believe Aguero will be replaced (although I'm not too bothered if he isn't), Jesus will definitely be kept but I'm not sure about Iheanacho and Nolito as Pep doesn't seem to have much confidence in either.

So that's 11 definitely out for me (although that includes 4 who are already on loan) and question marks over all but Jesus up front.

Got to agree with that myself as well,not too sure where Delph would ever get a game like,but English so ticks that box,but if we do shift these 11,how many come in the other way ? Another 11 ?

I don't think it will be as big a problem as some think.
Out of contract
Cabellero, Sagna, Clichy, Zabaleta, Toure, Navas.

Sell but not part of the squad now
Hart, Bony, Mangala, Nasri should be able to find buyers.

Sell
Nolito, Delph, Otamendi again should be buyers for those.

Buy six so the squad would be

Bravo
New Keeper
Gunn

Maffeo
New right back
New left back

Stones
Otramendi or Kompany
New Centre Back
Kolarov

New Pivot
Fernandinho
Garcia

De Bruyne
Silva
Gundogan
New Midfielder

Sterling
Sane
Jesus
Aguero
Iheanacho
Roberts

I will be in a minority here, but I do believe it was planned like this to a certain extent to give Pep a year to assess and build a young long lasting team team as he wants it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.