The Biggest derby in world football?

cleavers said:
Unknown_Genius said:
Marseille v Paris St. Germain

Ajax v Feyenoord. That can get nasty. <a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8622879.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 622879.stm</a>

Neither of these are derbies either. Marseille is about 500 miles from Paris.

A derby is and always has been LOCAL rivals.

True. I was thinking more fierce rivalries. Real v Barca isn't really a derby in that sense, as both teams and cities are miles away from each other. Barcelona v Espanyol, and Real Madrid v Athletico Madrid, are local rivals.

north korea v south korea would dread to think of what happens there.

They played each other in the World Cup qualifiers. In the first game, they couldn't play the match in North Korea, because the North refused to play the South's national anthem, and display their flags, so it had to be played in China. In the second game, South Korea won 1-0, and the North accused the South of poisoning their food before the game.

Amigo said:
phuzion said:
How is Madrid and Barcelona a derby when they are 360 miles apart? lol

Ok, maybe not a 'derby', but IMO it is the biggest MATCH in club football. Similar to the dippers v rags, it's about lots of different historical reasons, and in particular language, politics and loads of others.

liverpool vs. rags?!?! are u serious

From experience for me Tehran derby was the biggest. Some of the biggest attendance (over 100,000 without exception), biggest atmosphere and very hostile. In 2000 we couldn't leave our house for days because of the riots that followed...

Sepehr said:
From experience for me Tehran derby was the biggest. Some of the biggest attendance (over 100,000 without exception), biggest atmosphere and very hostile. In 2000 we couldn't leave our house for days because of the riots that followed...

i think it means in a football sense rather than numbers and trouble.

i dont think you can measure between the big ones.

us
dippers
classico
glasgow
milan

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.