The Bluemoon Job Club.

After 24 years in the same job I will shortly be moving on. Probably going to stay in the Colchester area and not return to Manchester.

If anyone has knowledge of any jobs around, feel free to let me know.

Thought i'd bump this. My younger brother is currently out of work and is looking for a job in the Stockport/City Centre area. He's 20 and has very good GCSE's and A-Levels, was studying Law at Liverpool Uni but didn't take to the course and is looking for full time work. He's applied for as much as he can but not hearing a great deal back. If anybody knows of anything please give me a shout or send PM. Cheers blues.

Have you had a look at the apprenticeship website. My lad got his first job through that. Pay isn't always great at first but it's a start and future employers like the fact you have completed one.

I've looked and applied for 4-5 so far mate and got 'you met our requirements by wasn't successful' and had one interview out the lot but was unsuccessful in that too :P

I've looked and applied for 4-5 so far mate and got 'you met our requirements by wasn't successful' and had one interview out the lot but was unsuccessful in that too :P

It is a lottery isn't it. So much for creating opportunities. Might be worth getting a few additional qualifications under your belt. A lad of one of my mates did a lifeguard course and within 2 months was in a job at the council pool. Sometimes worth speculating to accumulate. Also if you have zero work experience other than through school, try and get some as it will really help. My lad had this on his CV and it helped him get the job he is in.

Can anyone suggest an employer in Manchester that always seems to have vacancies for office / admin or even call centre staff? My preference would be in or around town. I've worked in this kind of environment for 15 years.

CIS was the notable one back in my day. I'm unsure if I'd return given how badly they treated me and my colleagues over redundancies; but if the culture has changed then I'd patch up our relationship!

I'm hoping to start a new role around July.

Can anyone suggest an employer in Manchester that always seems to have vacancies for office / admin or even call centre staff? My preference would be in or around town. I've worked in this kind of environment for 15 years.

CIS was the notable one back in my day. I'm unsure if I'd return given how badly they treated me and my colleagues over redundancies; but if the culture has changed then I'd patch up our relationship!

I'm hoping to start a new role around July.
JD Williams (now Serco) , Swinton, Direct line in town for a start. British Gas in Trafford is 10 mins on tram. Apply to these and put your cv on reed website and you'll get a job somewhere within 2 weeks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.