The Bluemoon Song Cup 2023

1.2bn and 9 after this round.
I know it’s a joke.
But hopefully it’s 1.2bn + people who voted for Donna + people who voted for evanescence… else it’s not really the point… voting without listening?

What an incredible list of round 1 songs. So much greatness just totally ignored. Or where bigger artists are in its obscure album filler tracks.

Literally anything could win this.

I'm guessing it's because most people's favourite songs don't tend to be too obvious? They often come from listening to a certain artist and finding a hidden gem that wasn't released as a single. People probably also like their favourite song to be a bit more personal and therefore less well known? I'm not sure! I would probably pick a different 5 each time I entered this to be honest, particularly with the categories that were set. I must say I didn't give my entries much thought, first ones that came to my head at the time. I'm still in the running though...but possibly not with all 5!

That's the end of the round all, some highs, lows, fall outs and drama - some classics, some obscure.

Morrisey took a hefty beating at times, same for Kate Bush but both still have entries left.

Spingsteen v Morrisey, Smiths v Bowie, Oasis v Walker Brothers were some real bruising affairs and who can forget the match up of Aldious Harding and Billie Eilish (err, probably all of us)

Points are now being calculated and i will reveal scoreboard today

Meantime sit back and enjoy the entertainment before the 2nd round begins on Monday.

That's the end of the round all, some highs, lows, fall outs and drama - some classics, some obscure.

Morrisey took a hefty beating at times, same for Kate Bush but both still have entries left.

Spingsteen v Morrisey, Smiths v Bowie, Oasis v Walker Brothers were some real bruising affairs and who can forget the match up of Aldious Harding and Billie Eilish (err, probably all of us)

Points are now being calculated and i will reveal scoreboard today

Meantime sit back and enjoy the entertainment before the 2nd round begins on Monday.

Fucking hell BH - I thought we had the detail of naming and shaming for Round 1 then.

The suspense is killing us!?! :-)

I'm guessing it's because most people's favourite songs don't tend to be too obvious? They often come from listening to a certain artist and finding a hidden gem that wasn't released as a single. People probably also like their favourite song to be a bit more personal and therefore less well known? I'm not sure! I would probably pick a different 5 each time I entered this to be honest, particularly with the categories that were set. I must say I didn't give my entries much thought, first ones that came to my head at the time. I'm still in the running though...but possibly not with all 5!
“Bring me to Life” by Evanescence is very personal to me.
When people call it shit maybe they haven’t been through a tragic loss followed by depression and anxiety. The lyrics reflected a situation I was in.
Or they just do t like it anyway ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.