The Bosnian Diamond changed the game - Dzeko is the man

Jebem vam mater said:
Edin and Segio goal's are equaly important.
If there wasn't Sergio's goal, City probably wouldn't won the game, and logically, wouldn't won the title, but also, if there wasn't Edin's goal, City probably wouldn't get a draw, not to mention about winning the game, and winning the title.

So, yesterday they became kind of City 'legends' ..those two, won the game, won the title.

So, just enjoy that ..and never forget them.
Edin and Sergio aren't the only two who won the game and the title!!!!!

What about Zabaleta? Doesn't his goal count?

And the players who actually score the goals aren't the only important ones.

All the players played an important part in the game or at least in getting City to the stage where that game was so important. Yaya Toure unfortunately couldn't do that much because of his early injury. That doesn't make him less of a City "legend".

Dzeko seems to be a lovely guy, who has been somewhat let down on this board by a group of fanatical supporters, who are not really concerned about any club he plays for, except in that he plays for them.

He is a good solid player, who has not been "abused" by Mancini (Dzeko fans seem to hate anyone, especially other players, who isn't committing his life to "supporting" their idol), but generally used in the most appropriate way - i.e. as a plan B when plan A has failed.

Mancini's Plan A seems to be getting City to play more and more in a Barcelona sort of way. While derided by some as "tippy-tappy", it is, when played well by skilful players, by far the most attractive and entertaining style of football. Swansea have been much praised for attempting to go down the same path.

Of course there are times when it doesn't work, and then there's plan B, Stoke style, launching high balls into the penalty area for a tall striker. Dzeko is, as Sunday proved, ideal for this.

It's no coincidence that many of Dzeko's important goals have come very late in games, and when he has come on as a late substitute.

In such a role he is invaluable, and City should surely try to keep him for this reason.

Alternatively they could, as some want, give him a much bigger role by making plan B into plan A, and making Stoke (or former Wimbledon) rather than Barcelona the main model. I for one very much hope that they don't go down this route, as I don't like that style of football except as a plan B.

I suspect that Mancini wouldn't want to go down that route.

drone said:
pominoz said:
As i posted earlier he can be very good, but not often enough and when he is off form, he is fucking bad.

You can't get a striker up to form by benching him constantly. I have no fucking doubt that if the team played to his strengths he'd be your lethal weapon. He has already shown it during his career.
Give him crosses, don't bench him when he excels and you'll see the results.
"Abuse" him like Mancini did all season long and you get what you have now. You can complain all you want, but he never used him properly.

To me, Aguero-Tevez combination offers nothing, which we have seen in the last couple of games. Even with Tevez up to form, they're the same type of players. Combine Aguero with Dzeko, Silva and Yaya, and some quality winger.. damn I'd love to see that.

If it weren't for Balotelli's craziness, those 3 would be perfect together, they complement each other perfectly, and after all they were the ones who won the title for City on Sunday. I cannot believe all the nonsense of bringing Van Persie and a bunch of other attackers, with these 3 on board.

Abuse? wtf...I really hope he leaves

Put a high ball in & Dzeko will have a good chance of getting on the end of it. Very good in the air. Against QPR we had high balls going in with 2 small forwards. Plus all this hype about Tevez since he has come back. He's been terrible the last 2 games. Keep Dzeko he will score his share of goals given the chance to play.

I just don't think Dzeko fits into our teams playing style. I don't think we need a big target man like that. We operate with smaller, quicker, more skillful forwards who can combine with our small, quick, skillful midfield.

Re: Edin dzeko

Calcio said:
with dzeko its the amount of bad first touches that gets on peoples nerves
His first shot yesterday was hillarious but only cos he scored and made up for his earlier hiccup.
Yes his first touch is sometimes laughable but, he knows how to score important goals like away at Blackburn and Notts County last year.

He needs to stay with us.

I'm really happy for Dzeko. He and Balo really made the difference, and I bet that they all felt like they added their value for the title considering their lack of game time.

I'm not sure if Dzeko may be in Mancini's plans, but I think he may stay another season now, who knows?

Great stuff regardless. Well done

Dzeko's streaky: one day he scores for fun, next day he can't score due to lack of confidence. But you know what? His "scoring goals for fun" at the start of the season is fully accounted in our GD.

Yeah, he doesn't suit our playing style. But as a manager, do you want to utilise just one playing style? If all your options are predictable, be ready to have stagnant offense. Sometimes you need variety in attack and playing styles.

Think he'll stay but we need to improve our counter-attacking play for when teams do push up against us and then lose possession. In the last quarter of he season, we were too slow at turning defence into attack and ED thrives on the space arising in such situations.

Re: Edin dzeko

CitytillIdie74 said:
Calcio said:
with dzeko its the amount of bad first touches that gets on peoples nerves
His first shot yesterday was hillarious but only cos he scored and made up for his earlier hiccup.
Yes his first touch is sometimes laughable but, he knows how to score important goals like away at Blackburn and Notts County last year.

He needs to stay with us.
it does not matter that he nearly hit a corner flag with a shot
it does not matter that his first touch is off every now and then
what does matter is is his excellent movement to get on the corner to score such a crucial goal - just watch his movement to get on the header absolutely class
he should go nowhere this summer and he will become a real hero- it took the goat a season
the lad is young a great attitude and scores crucial goals - truly an important player

Why people still dwell on "give him crosses" and "we need to change our style of play and become stoke-like" is beyond me. These are people who havent watched Dzeko before coming here.

At his best days in Wolsburg, Dzeko had fucking Schaffer and "I dont even know the other guy" for wingers. Ok? Those guys make AJ look like Robben.
Bottom line - their wing play was shit.
So please STOP with "Dzeko needs wingers/crosses" crap - he is far from one-dimensional player.

What he DID have at Wolfsburg though is - he was the focal point of their attack (and a great teammate up front in Grafite). Plays were designed for him going forward (he did not have to drop deep in midfield). He was #1.
His problem here since the beggining is that this was the first time in his life where he had to take a back seat. It turns out he didnt adjust to that too well. In a team like this (4 outstanding strikers) you can get marginialized if you cant keep your form while being rotated - which is exactly what happened, and Dzeko loves to PLAY THE GAME (as you can see by his behaviour on the pitch).

So it will come down to what he wants to do, and what he thinks is best for him. And I truly believe this goal vs QPR can be a big difference maker for him. Before this last game I thought he would be out definitely. Afterwards - he might realize you can be on the pine when not playing well and still do big things in your career, and his stock with Roberto has risen a bit.

So - we will have to wait and see, but just please stop with "we need to change our style of play to accomodate him" nonsense, cause we DONT.
If you dont believe it - go see some Wolfsburg games from few years back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.