The Bosnian Diamond changed the game - Dzeko is the man

Re: Edin dzeko

Personally I think he's a top player, He is frustrating at times, One game he looks like he's unstoppable, Next game he's not in it at all, I think if he gets a good run of games in the side he will score goals, He's a proven goalscorer. He scored 4 against Tottenham then got dropped/rested the next game, Id say he was thinking 'What the f*ck do I have to do to stay in the side' :)

SWPISHOME said:
Personally I think he's a top player, He is frustrating at times, One game he looks like he's unstoppable, Next game he's not in it at all, I think if he gets a good run of games in the side he will score goals, He's a proven goalscorer. He scored 4 against Tottenham then got dropped/rested the next game, Id say he was thinking 'What the f*ck do I have to do to stay in the side' :)
Obviously, score 5 :P

Dax777 said:
SWPISHOME said:
Obviously, score 5 :P

Haha he's knows what has to be done at Goodison is Tuesday night then ;)

His finishing and awareness to assist aren't in question. His first touch and hold up play is.

15 goals and 7 assists in 28 is a very good return but the majority of his goals and assists came early in the season when we were beating teams by 3 or 4 clear goals (... and in one case, 5 clear goals!).

Other than Wigan away, I'm not sure how many winning goals he's scored?

He's the equivalent of a cricketer scoring a hundred when his team are 300 for 2 but then gets a duck when he's really needed. He's the footballing version of Kevin Pietersen, looks brilliant when we're "on top" but doesn't do enough when we need to grind out a result - if that makes any sense whatsoever?

*I should clarify the statement above by saying that I like him and I'm looking forward to seeing him be a big part of our success over the next decade.

larderland said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Dzeko was fucking dreadful the other night and has been a lot of games. He gets in the box and we create chances so he will always get goals, but he needs to be more like he was at Spurs away than what he's been like in too many performances for us this season. His all round play far too often isn't anywhere good enough and he loses the ball too much. Can be great on his day though so we'll see how he does til the end of the season, like all decent blues I'm right behind him

all i know is,that if dzeko mishit his shot against spurs like aguero did in the first half and looked stupid hed be getting terrible abuse wereas aguero got nothing

dreadful,meh still got the goal,thats his job,not his fault we cant defend

Dzeko probably would get a bit more stick for spooning a shot than aguero, the reason being that Aguero doesn't spoon many whereas Dzeko does it regularly. I'm still not saying it's right though

As for 'dreadful,meh still got the goal,thats his job' well I expect a lot more from a striker than merely getting a goal and being pretty ineffective for the rest of the game. 1 goal does not justify 90 minutes on the pitch, so no, I wouldn't say he did do his job. It might not be his fault that we can't defend but maybe if he held the ball up a bit better there wouldn't have been so much pressure on the defence?

Josh Blue said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Dzeko was fucking dreadful the other night and has been a lot of games. He gets in the box and we create chances so he will always get goals, but he needs to be more like he was at Spurs away than what he's been like in too many performances for us this season. His all round play far too often isn't anywhere good enough and he loses the ball too much. Can be great on his day though so we'll see how he does til the end of the season, like all decent blues I'm right behind him

Dzeko was one of our better players vs Liverpool :S

Was he? That's news to me.

yes, when out of a consistant start and short of confidence the lad can regually trap the ball futher than I can kick it. But to be honest i cant help but feel sorry or him as he was kinda dropped like a stone when he was flying, high on confidence, getting all the pundits and generally being hyped for being a greatly improved player from how he was last year. He is obviously a tallented lad and obviously has much to offer but he is obviously primerily a confidence player and maybe we just havnt got the hang of getting the best out of him. Maybe we should back him till he comes good, cos when he does come good, he can be unplayable!!!

Dzeko probably would get a bit more stick for spooning a shot than aguero, the reason being that Aguero doesn't spoon many whereas Dzeko does it regularly. I'm still not saying it's right though

That's again not quite true as their stats are pretty similar.

Aguero - 33 shots on target, 28 off target, 14 goals, conversion rate 23%

Dzeko - 25 shots on target, 27 off target, 11 goals, conversion rate 21.2%

I'm pretty sure Aguero missed more big chances than Dzeko.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.