The Boxing thread

I know most will say it doesn't even belong in the thread but is anyone else amazed at the traction KSI vs Logan Paul is getting? They've even had Jonny Nelson do a gloves off special with them.

I was catching up on this yesterday for the fun of it. The press conferences were so poorly organised, it went far too far in the UK conference the youtube fans were in a bin dipper like frenzy ready to lynch the poor guys(Logan and his brother Jake), one person even punched Logan/Jake outside as a mob literally chased them and their team down a street(not sure it was the same day). I suppose the press conferences might be more important than the actual fight to some but if this youtube boxing is to continue they need to be a bit more responsible as some of their fans take things way too seriously.

Last edited:
I know most will say it doesn't even belong in the thread but is anyone else amazed at the traction KSI vs Logan Paul is getting? They've even had Jonny Nelson do a gloves off special with them.

I was catching up on this yesterday for the fun of it. The press conferences were so poorly organised, it went far too far in the UK conference the youtube fans were in a bin dipper like frenzy ready to lynch the poor guys(Logan and his brother Jake), one person even punched Logan/Jake outside as a mob literally chased them and their team down a street(not sure it was the same day). I suppose the press conferences might be more important than the actual fight to some but if this youtube boxing is to continue they need to be a bit more responsible as some of their fans take things way too seriously.

Didn't know who either of these two where until today. Not for me, have a straightener behind closed doors . Sadly money talks, can't fault them for that. Load of bollox really.

Just saw 200k tuned in for the weigh in, WTF!

I think people don't realise how big YouTube is these days. If they didn't make it ppv, a hell of a lot of people would tune in.

I think people don't realise how big YouTube is these days. If they didn't make it ppv, a hell of a lot of people would tune in.
I know this is up a few gears but travellers been using it for years to promote their straighteners, been quite comical at times.

I know this is up a few gears but travellers been using it for years to promote their straighteners, been quite comical at times.
It has been going on for some time but it's free and it's mostly just kids who like to watch their favourite YouTubers
That said I'd like to see Ksi drop Logan lol, guy is a complete tool

It has been going on for some time but it's free and it's mostly just kids who like to watch their favourite YouTubers
That said I'd like to see Ksi drop Logan lol, guy is a complete tool
What is it, £7 a pop, will you subscribe? I won't but I might try and find a free stream, just for something to do.

What is it, £7 a pop, will you subscribe? I won't but I might try and find a free stream, just for something to do.
I'm out tonight so I can't watch it anyway, I certainly wouldn't pay for it.
Would probably go on Reddit boxing streams if I didn't have anything to do

There's huge interest. These Youtubers have learnt to prey on the morally undeveloped, over excited, hormonal 9-16 year old range. They end up being easily relatable pseudo role models with a huge amount of fan interactivity and fan service. Most 'products' aimed at any age group under 18 is generally reliant on the laziest of manipulation strategies, because it works. Young people are young after all.

They aren't actually bad people these Youtubers, but in the quest for fame they've come to mirror those they aim to reach out to. You know, unaware and childish. But it's a choice they made and they deserve any bad rap they get for it. I don't know if you're into him or ever have ben, but the then major teenage-friendly Youtuber Pewdiepie realised this and completely changed himself to be a much more mature-themed, cynical and 'real to himself' character. He's one of a few actually.

But guys like KSI, the Paul boys and such, it's all about the fame and the money. Sad thing is, I can't blame them.

There's huge interest. These Youtubers have learnt to prey on the morally undeveloped, over excited, hormonal 9-16 year old range. They end up being easily relatable pseudo role models with a huge amount of fan interactivity and fan service. Most 'products' aimed at any age group under 18 is generally reliant on the laziest of manipulation strategies, because it works. Young people are young after all.

They aren't actually bad people these Youtubers, but in the quest for fame they've come to mirror those they aim to reach out to. You know, unaware and childish. But it's a choice they made and they deserve any bad rap they get for it. I don't know if you're into him or ever have ben, but the then major teenage-friendly Youtuber Pewdiepie realised this and completely changed himself to be a much more mature-themed, cynical and 'real to himself' character. He's one of a few actually.

But guys like KSI, the Paul boys and such, it's all about the fame and the money. Sad thing is, I can't blame them.
Very succinctly put actually.
Like you say it's difficult to blame them because even though it will come crashing down eventually they'll be set for life financially

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.