The Boxing thread

The Klitschko fight showed me that he took all of what Klitschko had. Also add in the fights with Dereck Chisora too his chin is durable. You call it right about him being evasive hard to hit at times is always great for a fighter and when in trouble he can smoother opponents work too. I just think with Wilder he is at times too wild and that will be easy for Fury. He will be evasive as you say. When Wilder lands Fury will smoother him hold him and slow him down. I think the fight happens in the US it will go to the cards and it could go either way. I just wont write him off. IF Tyson has the hunger still burning he will want to be undisputed champion again and he has done it once gets a win over Wilder sets up the AJ fight and he could do it again.

As for this weekend i be more interested to see how Amir Khan gets on. In a must win fight. As if he wants a fight against a aging Manny Pacaquiao then he needs this win big time. He still has the hand speed and is exciting to watch.

I didn’t think Klitschko hit him with anything of any note at all......Fury proper bamboozled him. Never seen Kliyschko so gun shy!!! Dereck Chisora has never been a top level fighter & I don’t think he bangs particularly hard either, so we clearly have differing opinions on Tyson’s chin. Only time will tell.

IF (which he’s not) Wilder was a top class boxer & not just a puncher, he’d defo have a much better chance. One step backwards & a swift upper cut as Fury tries to tie him up, which I’d imagine will happen a lot, & it’s goodnight Tyson in my opinion. Luckily for Fury, I’m not sure Wilder has that in his armoury. If it does go to the cards, I’d expect a Fury victory.

Always enjoy watching Amir, not sure why so many people dislike him as I’ve never seen him in a boring fight

Always enjoy watching Amir, not sure why so many people dislike him as I’ve never seen him in a boring fight

I think the thing that some fans may not of been happy with regarding Khan he was handled extremely well and not in a major fight Warren and his team got him the best winnable fights. Got him fights with aging former world title winners, A shot Zab Judah , Paulie Malinaggi , Barrera who at his peak would of destroyed Khan in my opinion. Then for Khan and his management team leaving Warren and going alone they thought they were too big to fight against John Murray and Kell Brook for long enough. Then when he started to show his chin was suspect he was feed to the Wolves out in the US in Danny Garcia and Canelo so its now he is back in the UK got a good start with Hearn. He wins the next 2 fights he will think he is back up to PPV level. When really the only big fight he will get is Kell Brook that will be PPV worthy. I still think he has a world title in him. As long as he is in exciting fights and KOing people he will get those fights.

Usyk is a great signing for Eddie lets hope we see the fights made. Looking fwd to Garcia & Porter at the wkd. Tough one to calll, SP has fast hands and is quick with the jab. Garcia is a decent counter puncher who i think will just outbox Porter and win a close fight on points.

Be interesting to see what shape Khans in against Vargas, by no means a gimme.

1 thing we know about Fury he can take a punch his chin is durable. Maybe the best in the heavyweight division. Against Wilder if and its a big IF it happens how will Wilder react to Furys tatics and antics in the build up to the fight and during the fight. Fury will make the fight his own and will take it into the trenches. Wilder we havnt seen tested. I thought Otiz would of tested him more than he did. Fury wont give a fuck and will go for it. I honestly think it goes to the cards the fight.
Leighton mate I've a €20 going to charity that says Wilder wins by stoppage within 3 if you're up for it. Don't have the faith in the chin of Fury you have and it's possible this lad actually hits harder than the real Tyson did.

Usyk is a great signing for Eddie lets hope we see the fights made. Looking fwd to Garcia & Porter at the wkd. Tough one to calll, SP has fast hands and is quick with the jab. Garcia is a decent counter puncher who i think will just outbox Porter and win a close fight on points.

Be interesting to see what shape Khans in against Vargas, by no means a gimme.

Had to take off his boxers to make the weight, never a good sign. He'll be heavy on the night and also tells us there'd be no issue him going up to 150 or 151 to fight Brook at a catchweight - providing he actually wants the fight.

Leighton mate I've a €20 going to charity that says Wilder wins by stoppage within 3 if you're up for it. Don't have the faith in the chin of Fury you have and it's possible this lad actually hits harder than the real Tyson did.
If the fight gets made yeah no problem. Dont see Wilder stopping him within 3 but who knows about a late stoppage for either side. Thats just my opinion. I just hope it gets the go ahead and the fight is made.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.