The Boxing thread

As in literally in the way though, occupied half the ring at times it seemed.
Yeah I know what you mean, but that's a bit unfair on the ref tbh, in a fight with that much punching within the clinch he has to stay close to the action. Not a touch on the **** that reffed the Joshua Parker fight.

Considering hes got such a weak chin Khan is so reckless, he was much better off with Virgil Hunter but either way whoever his trainer is he strikes me as the type of bloke to ignore any advice he gets given.

If I had a glass jaw like khan I would bloody well make sure my defence was as solid as possible.going in gung ho against classier opponents is only going to finish one way with him on his arse

I would agree on the Amir Khan v Kell Brook it has to happen. Khan needed the rounds but his chin will always be questionable. For both fighters its last chance of winning a world title.
Lewis Ritson on the undercard is KOing everyone for fun the gun is going to the top. I would put him in his next 2 or 3 fights. European title then Tommy Coyle and then Crolla then world title. I think Ritson KOs Coyle and Crolla on the way to a world title shot. Now dont get me wrong the lightweight division is stacked with talent just he is in the form of his life it seems and best pushing him along as soon as possible. The guy is the most exciting boxer from the UK at the moment

Khans got no chin and Brooks got no eye sockets 50/50 fight although it seems to me that Khans ducking it.

As a neutral, I want Khan vs. Brook next winner gets Pac.
If i'm advising Khan, I suggest he goes after Pac next then Brook after...

Hope we get a good show from AJ in a couple of weeks. I like Povetkin but think Josh will have to much, needs to step it up a gear as he's been a bit flat last couple of fights. Not helped by the ref v Parker who was poor.
I remember Teddy Atlas in Povetkin's corner when he beat Chagaev for a vacant belt. Fine words following his dad's death.

Still no date, no venue, no VADA(which Wilder will insist upon), no undercards for the Fury vs Wilder fight.

For a fight that was easily agreed in 2 days, it's looking more and more like many suspected from the off, a ruse to get Hearn to react and have AJ fight Wilder on their terms(in America, higher split than he deserves and so on making Fury's negotiations easier when their time comes) despite holding all the cards(the A-side against both fighters by a distance).

It's going to look so bad for boxing if it does turn out that way. At this point I expect a freak injury to one of the fighters and that will be the fight cancelled, they'll insist "they both wanted the fight not like that AJ guy, he's ducking everyone..." sooner or later every boxing fan will feel insulted by the pantomime if that's what they're doing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.