The Boxing thread

Top 5 fighters in my lifetime.
Joe Calzaghe the guy was brilliant and a great talent with britttle hands too.
Wayne McCullough he got me into boxing big time. Never ducked anyone.
Steve Collins like above.
Money Maywheater is a no brainer.
Rigondeaux love this guy by far the greatest technical fighter i have seen up close.

Lomachenko made Rigondeaux look like a school boy. Lost respect for him after that.

Lomachenko
Suger ray.
Ali
Emmanuel Augustus
Although he hasnt got a grear record,
Was robbed so many times of deserved victories Emmanuel Augustus is my favourite boxer to watch with unorthodox yet very effective style.

If you havent seen him fight do yourself a favour.

Would have beaten Maywheater if he didnt sustain a cut.

Wish Fielding well but expect Canelo around the 8th if not earlier. Can't see him coping wiith Canelo's power.

Suprised nobody mentioned Charlie Zelenoff in their top fighters.

Sonny Edwards is a very skilled operator on his way to a world title shot.

Last edited:
Was a cracking show that, remember my old man getting me on to it, however, snap shots never really did those fighter any justice... Whitaker as I’d stated was a master craftsmen, his skills were never really appreciated by highlight reels..

I think I’ve posted this before, just read the book for the umpteenth time, but this doc on another of my heroes, jack johnson, is probably the best ever made, which any boxing fan, casual or diehard, should really watch... a true legend given the era his exploits were being tested, however, a trailblazer of unparalleled precedence

I read the book Unforgivable Blackness - I thought it was a great read (questions a lot quotes and his version of events as it is widely believed that he was creative with the truth.

A fine fighter and an extraordinary life.......

An enigma was Jones, to move through the divisions, especially from light middleweight, all the way through to Heavyweight champion, is kind of ridiculous and showed up the division somewhat following the golden period of the 90s.. Taking nothing away from the guy, a superb boxer, however, to reach his goal he was juicing his ass off

This, for me, is why Calzaghe is probably the UK's greatest, alongside Lewis.. sure he was avoided for many years, and who wouldn't after he annihilated Lacy, however, if there is a better in fight tactician, I'm yet to find him!
Mrs Onholiday bought us floor tickets for the Calzaghe vs Lacy fight (would have been for my 21(?) birthday) - could have sold them pre--fight for quite substantial money but didn't as very much fancied it and the night out.

As a present, it gets better as time goes on as that that fight is probably thought of as one of his finest nights (if not 'the').

Magnificent fighter.......

Easy night for Canelo didn't break sweat. Katie Taylor was fantastic again, she's just relentless. Ryan Garcia looks one for the future impressed with him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.