The Boxing thread

Looking forwards to seeing Saunders and Williams on the undercard of the Frampton v Warrington fight on Saturday.

Has anyone given Emmanuel Augustus a look.

Would like the official bluemoon evaluation.

This guy?

Never heard of him, but looked a great fight v Mayweather Jr. Thanks for the heads up. Enjoy watching that vid. FMJ doesn't get enough credit for going toe to toe with a lot of fighters.

At Heavyweight we have the interesting trio of Joshua, Fury, and Wilder vying for undisputed and possible lineal champ. Beneath them we have Whyte, Miller and Ortiz. Others like Povetkin Pulev, Parker floating about too. Some good fights to be made. Eddie Hearn is desperate for Miller to fight AJ for some reason - easiest top 10 contender due to height? Did you see the staged interruption to AJ's press conference??? Hate Eddie. Daniel Dubois making good strides - but still inexperienced.

I love the Light-Heavyweight mix at the moment. Yarde is a pretty scary opponent for anyone atm and seems ready to step up now he's at the top of the home rankings. BUT Buatsi is making waves and I've recently seen that good old Eddie has got hold of Mayweather's undefeated cousin Anthony Sims Jr. He's already targeting these lads, and too early to say if he's good enough, but the guy is a great great personality and seems to have talent. He's way behind them on the world rankings but keep and eye on these 3 crossing paths!

Down at Super Middleweight Callum Smith due a big title shot at Anfield. Sounds like they want to tempt Canelo/GGG or get Ward out of retirement. Below a decent domestic fight looms between Chris Eubank Jr and DeGale, though I'd have liked Groves to get another shot at DeGale with the loser retiring.
Middleweight obvs has Canelo and GGG still officially in that division, coupled with Jacobs, Charlo, Billy Joe Saunders (who despite being an idiot I think he should have a shot back at his title), Willy Monroe still some great fights to be made.

Bored with Super-Welter. Welterweight has gone a bit stale. I do like Errol Spence Jr though and about 20 places behind him could be the most talent UK boxer behind BJS, in Josh Kelly. Couldn't give two shits about Khan v Brook now.
Super Lightweight is now boring for me too. Linares a great watch though.
Lightweight has Loma and Crolla is asking for a beating. Would rather Crolla fights Campbell in a domestic tear up.

Not much interest at lower weight class for me.

I like Terry Flanagan but he lost a couple on the bounce. Was the weight move up too soon?

Hopefully Frampton will smash Warrington on Saturday. It’s the champion’s toughest fight yet. Selby is a top fighter too but Frampton better, IMO.

I've got a lot of time for Canelo but the Rocky Feilding fight to me seemed all about the opportunity be a 3 weight world champ which few fighters can boast. He made easy work of it as most expected, so full credit to him for that.

maxresdefault.jpg

Really though the size difference was massive between the two, they just knew Rocky didn't hold much power at the weight, so the risk wasn't as great despite the advantage he was giving up. The Callum Smith fight wont happen though in my opinion because if Groves looked small and easily overpowered against him then I think it would be too much of a disadvantage even for Canelo to overcome. It would be a huge risk that he doesn't really need to take and nobody can say much if decides against it.

Last edited:
Was a cracking show that, remember my old man getting me on to it, however, snap shots never really did those fighter any justice... Whitaker as I’d stated was a master craftsmen, his skills were never really appreciated by highlight reels..

I think I’ve posted this before, just read the book for the umpteenth time, but this doc on another of my heroes, jack johnson, is probably the best ever made, which any boxing fan, casual or diehard, should really watch... a true legend given the era his exploits were being tested, however, a trailblazer of unparalleled precedence

Paid for speeding tickets before he got them.

I've got a lot of time for Canelo but the Rocky Feilding fight to me seemed all about the opportunity be a 3 weight world champ which few fighters can boast. He made easy work of it as most expected, so full credit to him for that.

maxresdefault.jpg

Really though the size difference was massive between the two, they just knew Rocky didn't hold much power at the weight, so the risk wasn't as great despite the advantage he was giving up. The Callum Smith fight wont happen though in my opinion because if Groves looked small and easily overpowered against him then I think it would be too much of a disadvantage even for Canelo to overcome. It would be a huge risk that he doesn't really need to take and nobody can say much if decides against it.
Full respect to Rocky for all he’s achieved in the game but he wasn’t a real world champion even by today’s watered down standards.

Canelo just cherry picked another hopelessly overmatched opponent to beat up on so his stupid Mexican fanboys think he’s a genuine three weight world champion and thus are more willing to stump up their pesos for his next ppv.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.