The Boxing thread

Barrett was class. It was a really good card, I even didn't mind the main event as I really liked how Galahad was making Warrington miss.

Barrett was class. It was a really good card, I even didn't mind the main event as I really liked how Galahad was making Warrington miss.
Galahad came to spoil and not fight . Josh struggles against fighters backing away from him taking potshots . Galahad was in there to hang on and hopefully nick enough rounds to get a decision. He will be kicking himself this morning .

Zelfa Barrett was very impressive, quality boxer, cracking fight as well. I thought Warrington won his fight, but I tend to favour the aggressor in very close rounds.

Yes I thought Zelfa was good. He responded to the Leicester lad winning the 4th or 5th round by changing tactics to take control of the centre of the ring for a couple of round before reverting to fighting on the counter attack. He controlled the fight well IMHO

Big fan of Pat Barrett and the way he has handled Zelfa's career too.

I had Galahad winning but on away turf in the champions back garden you need to rip the belt off him rather than nick it, horrid fight to watch though.

Thought Warrington was well beat, its all well and good throwing loads of punches and trying to look dead hard but most were missing or arm shots. Galahad boxed clever and didn't waste too many punches. LIke some have said, for world level, it was a dog dirt fight.

Warrington winning in a tight fight in Leeds doesnt shock me. Kid maybe could of opened up a bit more and if he did you just never can say if he would of got the decision. Josh if he fights against any of the other champions on the back of that preformance wont have a chance.
Being honest would love to see a featherweight Ali Trophy Super Series on this weight division. It would be must see fights.
Gary Russel Jnr v Scott Quigg
Leo Santa Cruz v Kid Galahad
Josh Warrington v Jhack Tepora
Oscar Valdez v Carl Frampton

That be some line up of fights.

Boxing 2019 half way through it and we have had so much drama so far. Shocks and fight or the year contenders. Roll on the next 6 months and hopefully we get to see some really big fights being made for the last part of the year.
The next 6 months is make or break for a lot of British fighters. Amir Khan needs to win same as Scott Quigg and Carl Frampton. Also crazy as it may sound how will AJ react to his beating he took. Will he be the fighter to rise back from it and become a champion again or will he not win another World title again? How will USYK do as a heavyweight. Will Canelo fight GGG again? Will Gary Russell Jnr fight Sant Cruz so many questions need to asked and hopefully they get those big fights made.

I trained with Pat for a few years, along with the cat..... if only he’d applied himself, would of been a genuine title contender.... Zelfa has a great deal of ability, massive gobshite though with a huge chip on his shoulder, hopefully pat can knock it out of him!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.