The Boxing thread

No mileage in a Ruiz v Joshua trilogy, he needs to fight Wilder and/or Fury, if he can win his next fight which will probably be a knock over bum, which ironically he thought Ruiz was in the first fight ....!

No mileage in a Ruiz v Joshua trilogy, he needs to fight Wilder and/or Fury, if he can win his next fight which will probably be a knock over bum, which ironically he thought Ruiz was in the first fight ....!
What, you mean like Fury and Wilder did after their fight?

Many people were saying Andy Ruiz Jr was a dangerous fighter with fast hands and power, he's proved he's the real deal with a granite chin to boot. I can't see Wilder taking a Ruiz Jr fight any time soon that's for sure. If he ever meets a solid boxer who he can't knock out, his title is gone. In fact he already did and his title should be gone already.

After the year AJ has had, anyone who isn't a bitter fanboy could forgive him for taking an easy fight, he's earned it. However he said his next fights will probably be mandatory fights, Pulev and Usyk. His resume is already the strongest at heavyweight and it's only going to get stronger from here.

What, you mean like Fury and Wilder did after their fight?

Many people were saying Andy Ruiz Jr was a dangerous fighter with a fast hands and power, he's proved he's the real deal with a granite chin to boot. I can't see Wilder taking a Ruiz Jr fight any time soon that's for sure. If he ever meets a solid boxer who he can't knock out, his title is gone. In fact he already did and his title should be gone already.

After the year AJ has had, anyone who isn't a bitter fanboy could forgive him for taking an easy fight, he's earned it. However he said his next fights will probably be mandatory fights, Pulev and Usyk. His resume is already the strongest at heavyweight and it's only going to get stronger from here.

I agree with a lot of things you say apart from the resume bit. Fury absolutely schooled Wlad in Germany where as AJ scraped past him in London. Fury has fought Wilder while AJ has been beaten off Ruiz.

I agree with a lot of things you say apart from the resume bit. Fury absolutely schooled Wlad in Germany where as AJ scraped past him in London. Fury has fought Wilder while AJ has been beaten off Ruiz.
AJ has fought more top level fighters than either of them, it's that simple, the only thing he doesn't have is one of the current top 3. I do agree Fury's is much closer than Wilder's, I wasn't trying to lump theirs together. Put it this way, when AJ adds both Wilder and Fury to his, who has the strongest?

Also they both beat Wlad, it doesn't matter how, it counts as the same for each of them as far as resumes go. Anything else you add to it is opinion. AJ didn't scrape past him, he stopped him in a more exciting fight in my view. AJ was also much more inexperienced than Fury was when their fight came, he fought a much better version of Wlad too. He had his hunger back, Wlad always comes back strong after a loss and that loss hurt him, he was fully focused in that fight.

I see a lot of hypocrisy from Fury fans about last nights fight really, I actually agree it wasn't the spectacle we expected, so not his most exciting fight but it was far from boring. As a performance in boxing terms, it's one of his best, he actually made a mockery of some of the criticisms those people had of him as a boxer.

Last edited:
AJ has fought more top level fighters than either of them, it's that simple. I do agree Fury's is much closer than Wilder's, I wasn't trying to lump theirs together.

Also they both beat Wlad, it doesn't matter how, it counts as the same for each of them as far as resumes go. Anything else you add to it is opinion. AJ didn't scrape past him, he stopped him in a more exciting fight in my view. AJ was also much more inexperienced than Fury was when their fight came, he fought a much better version of Wlad too. He had his hunger back, Wlad always comes back strong after a loss and that loss hurt him, he was fully focused in that fight.

I see a lot of hypocrisy from Fury fans about last nights fight really, I actually agree it wasn't the spectacle we expected, so not his most exciting fight but it was far from boring. As a performance in boxing terms it's one of his best, he actually made a mockery of some of the criticisms those people had of him as a boxer.

Fury's win over Wlad was far more impressive than AJ's imo.To go to Germany and totally out box the champion took some doing, Fury has also fought Wilder in his country as well. Those 2 fights and performances are more impressive than anything on AJ's resume imo.

Credit to AJ last night, his entire career was on the line and he pulled out the performance. He needs to fight Wilder or Fury though.

Fury's win over Wlad was far more impressive than AJ's imo.To go to Germany and totally out box the champion took some doing, Fury has also fought Wilder in his country as well. Those 2 fights and performances are more impressive than anything on AJ's resume imo.

Credit to AJ last night, his entire career was on the line and he pulled out the performance. He needs to fight Wilder or Fury though.
That's just your opinion on the performances which you're entitled to have but resumes aren't about performances anyway.

Dillian Whyte, Wladimir Klitschko, Joseph Parker, Alexander Povetkin, Andy Ruiz Jr

All what I consider top level fighters who he has now beat. I would add Pulev and Usyk to that category of fighter personally, if he beats them.

Fury has Wladimir Klitschko and Deontay Wilder that I would consider in that bracket. As I said in my edit, I agree the one thing missing for AJ, is one of the current top 3 and I think he'll fight both.

Anyway lets just agree to disagree, I've nothing against Fury really, I just think the AJ haters go over the top sometimes. Hope Fury beats Wilder in the rematch too.

Last edited:
Can only fight whats in front of you, and AJ won comfortably, and it takes a lot of mental strength to get in with a guy who knocked you out badly previously. BUT, Ruiz condition was a disgrace. Quite hard to judge where AJ is right now, as accomplished as the win was, Ruiz clearly saw the $$$ and didn't give a fuck about getting into shape. What was he, something like 20lbs heavier than the first one?! Shameful, given the money put in.

I never played professional football but i can safely say Jessie Lingard is shite.
Fair enough but he is still getting picked to play for England.

You evwr been in the ring with a 20 stone beast trying to knock your head off and I don't mean something you pulled on a Saturday night either. :)

Can only fight whats in front of you, and AJ won comfortably, and it takes a lot of mental strength to get in with a guy who knocked you out badly previously. BUT, Ruiz condition was a disgrace. Quite hard to judge where AJ is right now, as accomplished as the win was, Ruiz clearly saw the $$$ and didn't give a fuck about getting into shape. What was he, something like 20lbs heavier than the first one?! Shameful, given the money put in.

Pure scran.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.