The Boxing thread

I seen Tyson Fury boxing on a undercard in Dublin many years ago and to see him go from there to the champion of the world really says it all about heavyweight boxing. This crop of fighters are shocking. Fury v Wilder will be 1 of 2 fights boring with Tyson winning on points. Or Wilder drops a few bombs on him and KOs him. This divison is so poor. Even the card is poor for a PPV fight. I want to see Usyk getting tested see how he gets on. Him v AJ will be a brilliant fight to see. I would fancy Usyk to get the win over AJ if he can take the shots. I be more interested in the fights on Friday on Sky with the Golden Contract and see who gets into the final has been nice to see those fights. Mainly competitive.

Charles Martin has somehow made the undercard on Saturday night. Decent scrap against Kowancki that he lost couple of years ago, think hes won a couple since. Really looking fwd to the main event, hope Fury can cut the distance & smother Wilders work. 36 mins is a long time to stay switched on.

Charles Martin has somehow made the undercard on Saturday night. Decent scrap against Kowancki that he lost couple of years ago, think hes won a couple since. Really looking fwd to the main event, hope Fury can cut the distance & smother Wilders work. 36 mins is a long time to stay switched on.
Its actually not a bad scrap too, Washington only lost to Wilder, Kownacki and Miller too. A decent B level heavyweight. The undercard on the whole is piss poor and for £25 i wont bother.

This fight is is the closest to a 50-50 that I can ever remember. Can't see it lasting 12 rounds and contrary to most I actually think Fury hurt Wilder last time round and can knock him out on Saturday with a more aggressive game plan. Since I don't think it will go 12 I have to make Wilder a slight fave but at the same time 5/1 for a Fury ko is where I'd go if I was having a bet.

Tris Dixon and Adam Booth have done a quality preview on Youtube/podcast. Tris is the man!

tyson vs wilder part 2

tyson has to finish him inside 2 rounds or wilder wins ? wilder with the power of the punch and better ring time then tyson so wilder will catch tyson and over he will go and this time no coming back

boxing is a sport that you need ring time and good quality fights in the bank (ring craft) tyson 2 years away from boxing and putting on so much fat is why i think wilder is a better boxer right now

you can train to lose weight and diets ? but you lose time for proper boxing training and because your burnt out with losing the flab boxing has to take a back stage ?? in the first fight tyson was a lucky boy and never ready for a fight in that level of a world title fight, and wilder was sucked in with the myth and paid tyson to much respect ? but this time if tyson has not done his work and had to lose more flab before training proper then it will be a quick fight and he's going over

i will say that its a punchers weight at heavy and you can get lucky and win so tyson best chance will be in the first 2 rounds after that all the money is on wilder

He was robbed of the win last time, he'll do a Bugner and tie this fella down and hopefully get the win he should have had last time. I have heard the undercard isn't up to much.

He was robbed of the win last time, he'll do a Bugner and tie this fella down and hopefully get the win he should have had last time. I have heard the undercard isn't up to much.

it was a close fight the last time tyson using the ring and moving in and out and holding and wilder was in 2 minds how to fight him and tyson got to him in the build up, yes i think tyson just did enough to win the fight but the knockdown saved wilder and nobody could have moaned really

but this fight tyson has to knockout or stop him (wilder) in the first 2 rounds or its over for tyson, wilder would have learned his lesson and this time will be ready for him and stop all the silly mistakes from last time, wilder got the bigger punch and tyson can not take to many on the chin, but tyson can punch from anywhere and comes from all sorts of angles and off the left or right and you have to be ready in defence or you get tagged

I rewatched the first fight this afternoon and it’s a lot closer than most said. I watched it with the commentary off and could easily see why 1,3 & 4 could have been given to Wilder.

tyson vs wilder part 2

tyson has to finish him inside 2 rounds or wilder wins ? wilder with the power of the punch and better ring time then tyson so wilder will catch tyson and over he will go and this time no coming back

boxing is a sport that you need ring time and good quality fights in the bank (ring craft) tyson 2 years away from boxing and putting on so much fat is why i think wilder is a better boxer right now

you can train to lose weight and diets ? but you lose time for proper boxing training and because your burnt out with losing the flab boxing has to take a back stage ?? in the first fight tyson was a lucky boy and never ready for a fight in that level of a world title fight, and wilder was sucked in with the myth and paid tyson to much respect ? but this time if tyson has not done his work and had to lose more flab before training proper then it will be a quick fight and he's going over

i will say that its a punchers weight at heavy and you can get lucky and win so tyson best chance will be in the first 2 rounds after that all the money is on wilder

Can’t see anyway that Tyson knocks out Wilder in two rounds. I think it’ll be more of a chip away kind of ko if that’s how he does it with more time on the front foot than last time and punishing Wilder when he misses. He stunned Wilder 3/4 times with quick 1-2 combinations that hurt Wilder. If he’s a stone heavier and he throws more shots he’ll be in with a shout for a late stoppage I reckon.

Also it was the last fight where he had 2/3 years out of boxing and had a lot of weight to lose. They reckon he’ll be heavier this time and he’s been much more focused on boxing and hitting harder hence the change of trainers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.