The Boxing thread

The only real half decent boxer Wilder has faced is Fury who lets face it beat him twice. AJ would beat him. Wilder is a journeyman without that punch, any decent fighter with a bit of nouse would beat him imo including AJ who has faced far better opponents than Wilder before. Theres also no chance Usyk or DuBois are going anywhere near the likes of Fury or AJ yet as the likes of Whyte, Wilder and Ruiz would be up first. All just my opinion of course.
Usyk is mandatory with either the wba/wbo, pulev with the ibf and Whyte with the wbc. Either they get special permission to fight next or it will be 18 months down the line when belts have either been lost or relinquished.

Has the burst eardrum been confirmed officially?
They’re saying it was just a cut to the inside of the ear which to me suggests they’re gonna try to throw all the blame on the guy who threw in the towel.

I heard some USA pundits suggesting he broke his jaw in the 1st round. His mouth did look a mess early on but then if his jaw was broken he would definitely have gone to hospital whereas the reports suggest he didn’t.

They’re saying it was just a cut to the inside of the ear which to me suggests they’re gonna try to throw all the blame on the guy who threw in the towel.

I heard some USA pundits suggesting he broke his jaw in the 1st round. His mouth did look a mess early on but then if his jaw was broken he would definitely have gone to hospital whereas the reports suggest he didn’t.

Threw the towel in at the right time imo. There’s no way Wilder was getting anything from that fight. His legs were gone and his defence was getting weaker and weaker.

I think Fury KOs him 10-15 secs later.

Threw the towel in at the right time imo. There’s no way Wilder was getting anything from that fight. His legs were gone and his defence was getting weaker and weaker.

I agree, if im honest i might have pulled him a round or 2 earlier.

Last edited:

They nearly pulled him out at the end of the 6th round, was definitely nothing wrong with the towel going in when it did.

If the fight had gone much longer, Wilde would have left the building on a stretcher. Before the towel went it he was being pummelled in the corner.

Agree totally, I just think Shelly Finkle and Jay Deaz are setting it up as blaming the guy who threw in the towel so they can start the ball rolling for the trilogy. They both know that there’s potential for Wilder to be left out in the wilderness once Fury and AJ do actually fight. Finkle must be cursing the day he took the piss out of Matchroom and thought he’d get a beaten down Fury instead of a mega deal v AJ. They presumed they would destroy Fury in the first fight and try to get a bigger piece of the AJ pie.

Fury was simply brilliant last night, I've never seen him box on the front foot with such conviction before and although he left himself vulnerable (going in with the left jab followed by the right hook) on a couple of occasions, he just destroyed Wilder from the very first straight left jab.

I thought DWhyte was mandatory, maybe not. I think both both DW vs AJ and TF vs DWhyte would be money spinners before the super fight of AJ vs TF. Wilder clearly needs a big fight next whether it DWhyte,TF again or AJ. He will be done if he fights Charles Martin etc and no point to fighting someone like say Parker or Povetkin for not much interest when they 'd have a fair chance of beating him anyway.

actually I think your right with Whyte being #1 contender

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.