The Boxing thread

Oleksandr Usyk is the 1 in the heavyweight division I am waiting for to be pushed up to the title fights. I think he is mandatory for a World Title shot in 1 of belts think it is the WBC title as he was the Cruiserweight champion and moved up to heavyweight they got some ruling giving the Cruiserweight champion a mandatory fight with the Heavyweight champion. Him against either Fury or AJ I would fancy him doing well if he can take there shots I feel he might have too much for both.

Fury will batter him. Usyk won't get close to him. Fury has height, reach, strength, power, iq advantage but he also has the twinkle toes and fitness of a cruiserweight.

I think the change of trainer has helped him believe in himself.

Never liked him as a fighter going backwards, but was impressed by the front-foot-close-the-gap fighting he took on, this time. Looked wholly different especially with the quickfire left jab straight right combo. That shot totally discombobulated Wilder's punch expectation and I hope Fury works on it.

Thought the point deduction was a disgrace!

Wilder was shown to be an awful boxer, but good puncher.

Enjoyed it.

Freddy Roach is the forgotten hero in all of this. Without his outburst I'm sure Fury would have just carried on before. Roach gave him the idea that he has a lot more to offer than just slip and slide and that he hurt Wilder in the first fight and could have taken him out if he'd gone for it.

Although Lee and Sugar hill are geniuses. The way Fury threw big right hands whilst falling forward and using his left hand to tie up Wilder's right was so impressive.

Freddy Roach is the forgotten hero in all of this. Without his outburst I'm sure Fury would have just carried on before. Roach gave him the idea that he has a lot more to offer than just slip and slide and that he hurt Wilder in the first fight and could have taken him out if he'd gone for it.

Although Lee and Sugar hill are geniuses. The way Fury threw big right hands whilst falling forward and using his left hand to tie up Wilder's right was so impressive.

I also think the last round in the first fight had some impact on Tyson as well. He got knocked down by Wilder and then got up and actually decided to be aggressive and actually dominated Wilder from that point in the final round. Maybe that actually flicked a switch and he knew what needed to be done.

I just cant see how the Fury Joshua fight gets any bigger than it is now, sick of fights "marinating" and coming too late. Right now dont need to see the third Wilder fight until 2/3 fights time.

I'm fully aware of the situation. AJ has mandatories due against first pulev and then Usyk. Fury has the potential trilogy v Wilder and a mandatory against Whyte.

Those 4 fights are likely to go ahead before a Aj v Fury fight in Spring next year. That is the most likely outcome but alsd o incredibly dangerous. Usyk especially but also pulev are live dangers v AJ. Fury will see off Wilder and Whyte but with him there are other issues like mental health and addictions.

Do you risk the big British unification 200m quid winner takes all fight of the century or do you risk it all for a few extra quid. I'm sure Usyk, pulev and Wilder could be paid off with the promise of a fight in the future.

One thing for certain is that AJ and Wilder are gonna rue the day they didn't shut out Fury. They could have had their own trilogy and left Fury fighting for scraps but Shelly Finkle especially has done a terrible job with Wilder and now he looks like he'll fall off a cliff. They'll take the trilogy as a last big pay day because I doubt he'll be fighting any of the Brits in mega fights any time soon.

I don’t think the 3rd fight will happen, Wilders face from round one knew he was in a whole new world and won’t want any part of it again “ yet “

shame for Whyte cos I feel Fury will out point him and he’d have much better shout in AJ rematch
I’m not thinking about Usyk until I see him beat a true strong hungry heavyweight

I don’t think the 3rd fight will happen, Wilders face from round one knew he was in a whole new world and won’t want any part of it again “ yet “

shame for Whyte cos I feel Fury will out point him and he’d have much better shout in AJ rematch
I’m not thinking about Usyk until I see him beat a true strong hungry heavyweight

I think the third fight will happen because Finkle will want it to happen. The USA will have nowhere to go if this rematch doesn't happen right now.

Oleksandr Usyk is the 1 in the heavyweight division I am waiting for to be pushed up to the title fights. I think he is mandatory for a World Title shot in 1 of belts think it is the WBC title as he was the Cruiserweight champion and moved up to heavyweight they got some ruling giving the Cruiserweight champion a mandatory fight with the Heavyweight champion. Him against either Fury or AJ I would fancy him doing well if he can take there shots I feel he might have too much for both.

He wouldn’t last 5 rounds with Fury, if you learnt anything from Saturday, it’s that weight really does matter!

Fury will batter him. Usyk won't get close to him. Fury has height, reach, strength, power, iq advantage but he also has the twinkle toes and fitness of a cruiserweight.
I think your under rating Usyk he has been brilliant in the fights he has boxed at Cruiserweight. Out almost all of last year with 1 fight at heavyweight. Usyk is mandatory for AJs WBO title he might well be avoided for by both guys as he is the guy that could well be this generation Hollyfield moving up the weights to win a World title or 2. I rate Usyk highly. Just needs to stay active in 2020. Be out in March i think this year against who is yet to be sorted.

I think your under rating Usyk he has been brilliant in the fights he has boxed at Cruiserweight. Out almost all of last year with 1 fight at heavyweight. Usyk is mandatory for AJs WBO title he might well be avoided for by both guys as he is the guy that could well be this generation Hollyfield moving up the weights to win a World title or 2. I rate Usyk highly. Just needs to stay active in 2020. Be out in March i think this year against who is yet to be sorted.
Although I think Usyk is fantastic he does have a habit of getting hit often in the early rounds. A big heavyweight hitter could really punish that.

Usyk will fight Chisora around May time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.