The Boxing thread

I'm not sure. There's been quite a delay in announcing the pulev fight and maybe that was because Matchroom wanted to wait to see if Fury would win. Now they should pay off pulev for a bit and Fury v AJ should happen in the summer. The winner should then give Wilder a shot in December time. This is wishful thinking but hw boxing right now is at its pinnacle and the numbers for those two to fight at Wembley in the summer would be astronomical.

no they want AJ fighting in April/May in uk just the Venue that needs sorting. When he got back his belts in December it was confirmed he has to do two mandatorys for 2 diff belts.

ones pulev & other is Usyk

Fury already implied that he doesn't need to fight AJ before last night's fight even took place. That should tell anyone with any common sense, that he's either not intending to fight him or he will stall it as long as he can for the payday. I think knowing Fury, he wont want to retire without having had the AJ fight, that's why even the American boxing fans saw a Fury win was better for boxing. He's the only chance at a unification fight. It will be the biggest UK heavyweight clash of all time. Needs to be at Wembley for me. Ignore Bob Arum and Frank Warren, it's so obvious what they were doing, even they don't believe their comments about AJ.

AJ knows Fury is only planning for 3 more fights and he knows how huge the fight could be, he's earned than enough credit with his resume to show he's not going to avoid anyone(Usyk included). Whether AJ will win, I don't know after this but Wilder was never really as good as he was hyped up to be as a boxer. The leaky guard that I mentioned in my predictions, when he got rocked was there for all to see, the chinks were there all along. It was a left hook that Wlad caught Wilder with to spark him out all those years ago in training camp, it was a stiff left kronk jab that opened him up for Fury. One of AJ's best punches is his left hook, he'd have knocked him clean out in my opinion, he did not want that fight and I doubt it will happen now. I have Whyte beating Wilder too after seeing that. There's a reason they kept him away from young powerful top ranked guys. You can't say that about Fury or AJ... or Whyte for that matter.

Last edited:
Fury is as good as he's always said he is. A generational talent that will go down as an all time great. Two fights against AJ and maybe one against Whyte will earn him over 100m and he'll set off into the sunset unbeaten as the lineal and unified world heavyweight champion.

I had a feeling he'd ko him and wish I had a bit of the 5/1 on offer. There's nothing wrong with his power it was hi game plan holding him back from more ko's. Freddy Roach was right about the first fight. He also looked amazing with that extra weight on his chest.

I think the change of trainer has helped him believe in himself.

Never liked him as a fighter going backwards, but was impressed by the front-foot-close-the-gap fighting he took on, this time. Looked wholly different especially with the quickfire left jab straight right combo. That shot totally discombobulated Wilder's punch expectation and I hope Fury works on it.

Thought the point deduction was a disgrace!

Wilder was shown to be an awful boxer, but good puncher.

Enjoyed it.

Fury already implied that he doesn't need to fight AJ before last night's fight even took place. That should tell anyone with any common sense, that he's either not intending to fight him or he will stall it as long as he can for the payday. I think knowing Fury, he wont want to retire without having had the AJ fight, that's why even the American boxing fans saw a Fury win was better for boxing. He's the only chance at a unification fight. It will be the biggest UK heavyweight clash of all time. Needs to be at Wembley for me. Ignore Bob Arum and Frank Warren, it's so obvious what they were doing, even they don't believe their comments about AJ.

AJ knows Fury is only planning for 3 more fights and he knows how huge the fight could be, he's earned than enough credit with his resume to show he's not going to avoid anyone(Usyk included). Whether AJ will win, I don't know after this but Wilder was never really as good as he was hyped up to be as a boxer. The leaky guard that I mentioned in my predictions, when he got rocked was there for all to see, the chinks were there all along. It was a left hook that Wlad caught Wilder with to spark him out all those years ago in training camp, it was a stiff left kronk jab that opened him up for Fury. One of AJ's best punches is his left hook, he'd have knocked him clean out in my opinion, he did not want that fight and I doubt it will happen now. I have Whyte beating Wilder too after seeing that. There's a reason they kept him away from young powerful top ranked guys. You can't say that about Fury or AJ... or Whyte for that matter.

AJ is chinny and can be easily read. Ruiz sparked him with ease and Wilder hammered Ruiz. AJ would in no way be a cert against Wilder.

Never liked him as a fighter going backwards, but was impressed by the front-foot-close-the-gap fighting he took on, this time. Looked wholly different especially with the quickfire left jab straight right combo. That shot totally discombobulated Wilder's punch expectation and I hope Fury works on it.

Enjoyed it.
I agree with a lot of that but he's fucking brilliant on the back foot, there is no way a man of his size and stature should be able to bob and weave like he does, it's just unnatural. It's like Andy Morrison firing a volley in from 25 yards at Boundary Park, it's a what the fuck just happened moment, it's just Fury does it continuously in every fight, so you know it's not a fluke.

That said he was fucking incredible on the front foot last night and if he fights like that I don't think there's anyone better. At that weight anyone is capable of flooring anyone with a single punch but he's the best all round boxer in the division by a million miles.

I agree with a lot of that but he's fucking brilliant on the back foot, there is no way a man of his size and stature should be able to bob and weave like he does, it's just unnatural. It's like Andy Morrison firing a volley in from 25 yards at Boundary Park, it's a what the fuck just happened moment, it's just Fury does it continuously in every fight, so you know it's not a fluke.

That said he was fucking incredible on the front foot last night and if he fights like that I don't think there's anyone better. At that weight anyone is capable of flooring anyone with a single punch but he's the best all round boxer in the division by a million miles.

I know what I said, but it wasn't a diss about his back foot fighting. I just didn't think suited him and made him look 'chinny'.

If he can mix it up better than yesterday, it will be incredible. He got caught a bit trying to switch it up, so thinking on his feet in a fight will lead him to get caught.

He should make it his and own that mixed style.

Enjoyed it.
Indeed.

And he seemed to be concentrating on what was going on in front of him for almost the whole fight (bar the time he stuck his tongue out to the crowd when they were grappling on the ropes at one point).

AJ is chinny and can be easily read. Ruiz sparked him with ease and Wilder hammered Ruiz. AJ would in no way be a cert against Wilder.
I could give plenty of reasons why I think that post is rubbish but lets just agree to disagree.

I will have to point out though, Ruiz Jr has not fought Wilder and Ruiz is a much younger, more credible opponent than Ortiz is, who you confused him with. Watch the Parker vs Ruiz Jr fight if you can find it on youtube, two very good young fighters, good skill, good power. All seen long before they faced AJ, yet when he beats anyone they become trash. It's really sad how people can't see how bad for boxing that is. Looking forward to seeing both of them bounce back this year personally, maybe even against Wilder.

Last edited:
Oleksandr Usyk is the 1 in the heavyweight division I am waiting for to be pushed up to the title fights. I think he is mandatory for a World Title shot in 1 of belts think it is the WBC title as he was the Cruiserweight champion and moved up to heavyweight they got some ruling giving the Cruiserweight champion a mandatory fight with the Heavyweight champion. Him against either Fury or AJ I would fancy him doing well if he can take there shots I feel he might have too much for both.

I'm fully aware of the situation. AJ has mandatories due against first pulev and then Usyk. Fury has the potential trilogy v Wilder and a mandatory against Whyte.

Those 4 fights are likely to go ahead before a Aj v Fury fight in Spring next year. That is the most likely outcome but alsd o incredibly dangerous. Usyk especially but also pulev are live dangers v AJ. Fury will see off Wilder and Whyte but with him there are other issues like mental health and addictions.

Do you risk the big British unification 200m quid winner takes all fight of the century or do you risk it all for a few extra quid. I'm sure Usyk, pulev and Wilder could be paid off with the promise of a fight in the future.

One thing for certain is that AJ and Wilder are gonna rue the day they didn't shut out Fury. They could have had their own trilogy and left Fury fighting for scraps but Shelly Finkle especially has done a terrible job with Wilder and now he looks like he'll fall off a cliff. They'll take the trilogy as a last big pay day because I doubt he'll be fighting any of the Brits in mega fights any time soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.