The Boxing thread

yep in mythical matchups it’s just down to opinions who’s the best ever and with these super sized heavyweights you also have to a little make it P4P

if you pick a 14 1/2 stone, 5ft 10in Marciano up from the 50s and put him in the ring with a 6ft 7in Vlad Klitscho does he win ? Probably not, but Marciano will always be named in most people’s top 10

all about opinions but for me you can’t look beyond Ali. 1967 Ali that beat Cleveland Williams is on another planet

the man fought for 20 years against some of the greatest and hardest hitting heavyweights and was never knocked out, 20 years against fighters of that level and not one lucky punch knockout against him, he was just simply The Greatest
Personally, I agree with you.

Lewis was a far better boxer than Fury. You also really need to watch some Fraiser, Forman, Tyson and Ali fights if you think Fury is a contender for GOAT. Hes hasnt even beaten all those is his division yet.

Of course Lewis was. However, would he beat Fury? IMO he would not. And I am 60 mate - I remember all of those old fights and yes there's some greats in there. Of course Fury's CV is nothing like as impressive. I just question whether any of them would beat Fury, and I am not sure they would. Who knows.

If Fury fights Usyk next and the bookies have it remotely close I’ll be putting a good lump on Fury, I think he wins it without much trouble
Without a doubt. You don't have to be a genius to realise that Uysk just isn't big enough. For all his speed and skill, all Fury has to do is lean on him for 10 rounds and then finish him off. If Usyk can still stand up by then, that is.

Without a doubt. You don't have to be a genius to realise that Uysk just isn't big enough. For all his speed and skill, all Fury has to do is lean on him for 10 rounds and then finish him off. If Usyk can still stand up by then, that is.
Fury’s handspeed far too quick for Usyk to get inside, he’d pick him off at will.

Irrespective of whether Fury is comparable to the greats of the past I think it’s fantastic that the undisputed best heavyweight in the world is a Manc originally from just a mile or so away from where I live, even if he’s a rag. His recovery from his mental health issues and his subsequent rise to the top is one of the greatest ever sporting stories.
Tyson born in Wythenshawe (Lancashire) and lived in Styal (Cheshire), so he gets my support everyday of the week.

Enjoyable as the fight was, it's not 'the greatest fight ever' by quite a margin.

For example, pick any Hagler fight with 'Sugar' Ray, Hearns and Duran, then come back and say it again.

But, as I said, good fight.

For me, best thing about it was Russel Mora. Such an excellent refereeing display. Yes, the counts seemed slow, but he did for both fighters and allowed the fighters utilise their inside boxing.

He let them fight.

Moras > Bayliss, any day.

Didn’t we say the same about Joshua against usyk . I think usyk beats fury but that’s my opinion and I could be wrong but one things for sure is that good here fights need to happen .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.