The Boxing thread

BoyBlue_1985 said:
conormcfc said:
Say no more. I pity the fools that fell for the hype and payed £15 for that. I'll say it again, Haye will be DEMOLISHED when he faces either Klitschko.

I dont think so conor, way to robotic about there boxing, move in straight lines, predictable jabs, so orthodox its utterly boring to watch and slow. Haye will do Viatali as he is an old man fighting has beens and washed up journey men but the Wlad fight has the makings of a decent contest. Haye may be a cocky shite but at least he lights up the heavyweight division with the showbiz glint again. 2 Ukrainans have basically killed off the heavyweight division single handedly with there non existant personalities and shit fight choices
I give Haye around a 30% shot at beating either Klitschko. The main problem he will have is obviously the size difference. Both Klitschko's have a solid and consistent jab. Haye often gets lazy and allows jabs to connect. Against the Klitschko's he simply cannot allow this to happen as they will be scoring points and they will settle into a rhythm.

The other problem is, against Valuev and even Harrison, Haye often had to lunge to land a punch. Against Harrison it was fine because Harrison was in a shell, but against either Klitschko it will be dangerous.

I'd probably give him more of a shot to beat Vitali. He's the older and the less impressive. He doesn't seem to turn his body into his punches anymore and his stamina isn't brilliant. Haye could pose him problems with his movement, and it would be interesting to see how Viali deals with being out of his comfort zone of fighting stationary target. I can imagine him blowing a bit if he doesn't catch Haye early.

As for Wlad, i see him as being more vulnerable than Vitali. He's always truck me as someone is afraid of getting hit, and i think aggression can trouble him. However, he's fresher than his brother and he just does everything a little bit better.

It's paramount that Haye doesn't make any mistakes against them, but i think he will.

ono said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
I dont think so conor, way to robotic about there boxing, move in straight lines, predictable jabs, so orthodox its utterly boring to watch and slow. Haye will do Viatali as he is an old man fighting has beens and washed up journey men but the Wlad fight has the makings of a decent contest. Haye may be a cocky shite but at least he lights up the heavyweight division with the showbiz glint again. 2 Ukrainans have basically killed off the heavyweight division single handedly with there non existant personalities and shit fight choices
I give Haye around a 30% shot at beating either Klitschko. The main problem he will have is obviously the size difference. Both Klitschko's have a solid and consistent jab. Haye often gets lazy and allows jabs to connect. Against the Klitschko's he simply cannot allow this to happen as they will be scoring points and they will settle into a rhythm.

The other problem is, against Valuev and even Harrison, Haye often had to lunge to land a punch. Against Harrison it was fine because Harrison was in a shell, but against either Klitschko it will be dangerous.

I'd probably give him more of a shot to beat Vitali. He's the older and the less impressive. He doesn't seem to turn his body into his punches anymore and his stamina isn't brilliant. Haye could pose him problems with his movement, and it would be interesting to see how Viali deals with being out of his comfort zone of fighting stationary target. I can imagine him blowing a bit if he doesn't catch Haye early.

As for Wlad, i see him as being more vulnerable than Vitali. He's always truck me as someone is afraid of getting hit, and i think aggression can trouble him. However, he's fresher than his brother and he just does everything a little bit better.

It's paramount that Haye doesn't make any mistakes against them, but i think he will.

I think Haye could hurt Wlad, in fact I think he'd beat him if he did hit him, Wlad would drop, not sure about Vitali.

The thing that pisses me off about the brothers are none of them has bothered to fight Valuez during there time fighting the bums. Hayes win over the bigger larger man was a great win. A fight with either brother will be a bit harder but the size difference wont be as big as the fight with Valuez.

The thing is both brothers wont have much left in them Haye V Vit would be the hardest test Vit is the better fighter of the 2 brothers but is aging and slowing down. I dont think he will be able for the speed of Haye and Hayes movement. He wont jsut stand there and be hit like the others Vit has boxed.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
conormcfc said:
Say no more. I pity the fools that fell for the hype and payed £15 for that. I'll say it again, Haye will be DEMOLISHED when he faces either Klitschko.
We'll see. I have Vitali winning a wide UD and Wlad knocking Haye out inside 6. Like it or not, the Klitschko's have cleaned out the heavyweight division. They're both actually pretty funny in interviews, just cos they don't go round slagging everyone off doesn't mean they don't have personality.

Worth watching again in view of the potential Haye/klitschko bout.Cant believe that was 7 years ago.Lewis was called in at short notice I think and wasn't in great shape,but was adamant after the fight that he had vitali klitschko there for the taking.The judges scorecard had klitschko in front when it was stopped by the doctor for that eye injury,if I remember rightly.I think lewis retired after this fight,cant remember him fighting anyone else.Klitschko has been busy though.Think he's only been beaten once since the lewis fight.30 odd fights Id say since,I'm not definite on that though,and am willing to be educated.Did he have a few years inactive?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vchqCFmOe4[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6euZ3kIKvU&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhIRC9Jm-94&feature=related[/youtube]

Yeah Lennox retired after that fight. Vitali is undefeated since then but he's only had about 10 fights I think, he had a long layoff. It's a measure of Lennox's greatness that he could do this
vitalli270507_468x748.jpg
to Vitali's face despite him being nearly 40 and Vitali being in his prime. I'm adamant that the fight would've been stopped in the next couple of rounds anyway.

Because as Lennox said, in his part Canadian part English part Jamaican accent, "Just look at the state of his face!".

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWKROioRYfQ[/youtube]

Just to take this slightly off topic, but I've been interested in the 'Redemption Of Michael Tyson' since he was part of that 'Hang Over' film and wondered why he'd become popular again. I had known of the docu he made a couple of years ago, but paid it no mind as there had been a few and nothing differed.

So, anyway, sparked by 'The Ultimate Fighter' show, where he makes a guest appearance for GSP in this year's ep4 where he says

"At this level of the game, when you're World Champion... the only reason you're winning is cos you're smarter. My mentor told me 'It's all about confidence... You start thinking better, you start feeling better about yourself. You have to think day by day in every way I'm getting better better and better. 'Confidence breeds success, success breeds confidence'. Confidence applied properly is the path of genius.

There's nothing like confidence, there's just nothing like it. The whole name of the game is never getting discouraged, especially in the fight business; it's life! Cos it's constant you're always having always another fight, another battle.

When you're fighting in the ring, you always have to be careful how you conduct yourself, cos perhaps you conduct your life like that".

This segment of speech made me realise the man has come a long way and understands where he went wrong. Sure, he isn't super eloquent, but he's become a deep thinker so I'm going to check out where was a couple years ago in the rest of that docu.

I cannot believe how fast he was as a kid!! Stunning.

slicky202 said:
what about "lights out"? im led to believe he's still got a belt at heavyweight
Yeah he's not got one. He might have vacated a really, really, really shit version of a bogus heavyweight title before he went to the UFC, but he's not been recognised as an important contender for a few years now...and that's in a poor heavyweight division.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.