The Boxing thread

Bigga said:
Just to take this slightly off topic, but I've been interested in the 'Redemption Of Michael Tyson' since he was part of that 'Hang Over' film and wondered why he'd become popular again. I had known of the docu he made a couple of years ago, but paid it no mind as there had been a few and nothing differed.

So, anyway, sparked by 'The Ultimate Fighter' show, where he makes a guest appearance for GSP in this year's ep4 where he says

"At this level of the game, when you're World Champion... the only reason you're winning is cos you're smarter. My mentor told me 'It's all about confidence... You start thinking better, you start feeling better about yourself. You have to think day by day in every way I'm getting better better and better. 'Confidence breeds success, success breeds confidence'. Confidence applied properly is the path of genius.

There's nothing like confidence, there's just nothing like it. The whole name of the game is never getting discouraged, especially in the fight business; it's life! Cos it's constant you're always having always another fight, another battle.

When you're fighting in the ring, you always have to be careful how you conduct yourself, cos perhaps you conduct your life like that".

This segment of speech made me realise the man has come a long way and understands where he went wrong. Sure, he isn't super eloquent, but he's become a deep thinker so I'm going to check out where was a couple years ago in the rest of that docu.

I cannot believe how fast he was as a kid!! Stunning.

I think Mike has come a long way to be honest with the lost of his young kid it puts everything into a different light. He has finally maned up he was screwed over when he was at his peak and that had taken him years to get over. I watched his docu and found it was worth a look at. I know he loves the sport of boxing a real fan of the golden generation but now he seems to be leaving it all behind him. A PRIME TYSON was the most argresive and fast as fuck no wonder he blasted his way to the top of the heavyweight pile. He could of been 1 of the all time greats but it seemed to me he was pissed with the sport and didnt want to be there at the end of his carrer.

SuperKevinHorlock said:
conormcfc said:
27th of this month mate.

Cheers fella that's got to be fight of the year! Please to god let it be on Sky.
As said many times on here Katsidis is my top fighter but I reckon he is the underdog for this. What do you reckon lads?
I'm gonna have to stick to my prediction of Marquez UD mate! He's an absolute monster at lightweight, not sure Katsidis can deal with his counter punching. It'll have to go some to beat the Lopez/Marquez fight from a couple of weeks ago to be fight of the year.

I've lost faith in Sky now, can't see them taking this fight tbh.

conormcfc said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:
Cheers fella that's got to be fight of the year! Please to god let it be on Sky.
As said many times on here Katsidis is my top fighter but I reckon he is the underdog for this. What do you reckon lads?
I'm gonna have to stick to my prediction of Marquez UD mate! He's an absolute monster at lightweight, not sure Katsidis can deal with his counter punching. It'll have to go some to beat the Lopez/Marquez fight from a couple of weeks ago to be fight of the year.

I've lost faith in Sky now, can't see them taking this fight tbh.

why? boxing most weeks and they made the idiots pay for haye/harrison and gave us pacquiao/margarito for free!

ono said:
slicky202 said:
what about "lights out"? im led to believe he's still got a belt at heavyweight
Yeah he's not got one. He might have vacated a really, really, really shit version of a bogus heavyweight title before he went to the UFC, but he's not been recognised as an important contender for a few years now...and that's in a poor heavyweight division.

whats his record like at heavyweight ?

Booth on Ringside saying that he wants any contract talks with the Klitschko brothers to be broadcast to the media. Seen him talking with the brothers manager on Ringside and he says 50-50 down the line. German tv offers peanuts as they dont do PPV so Booth says to him the highest bidder in Germany should get the fight. Lets get it on with one of the brothers with Haye.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.