The Boxing thread

All this apparently on one card on December 11th:
1zo86ds.jpg

If true, I might actually buy the PPV for once.

Anyone watching prizefighter?<br /><br />-- 20 Nov 2010, 22:13 --<br /><br />Sykes just got knocked the fuck out!

yeah just sat and watched prizefighter, loved the choi matthews fight, really surprised that buckland won it, seems he has a good punch, but not maybe as talented a boxer?
on a side note conormcfc, what do you actually think of prizefighter? when you can get has beens( harrisson ) etc given another chance. does it have credence in the boxing world? personally i am a boxing fan, but not a huge one, always up for the big fights and love a bit of friday night on sky( dont actually go to watch it tho) Have any of the winners of pf gone on to do anything?

weejh said:
yeah just sat and watched prizefighter, loved the choi matthews fight, really surprised that buckland won it, seems he has a good punch, but not maybe as talented a boxer?
on a side note conormcfc, what do you actually think of prizefighter? when you can get has beens( harrisson ) etc given another chance. does it have credence in the boxing world? personally i am a boxing fan, but not a huge one, always up for the big fights and love a bit of friday night on sky( dont actually go to watch it tho) Have any of the winners of pf gone on to do anything?
They're always pretty entertaining to watch, because the fights are only 3 rounds you'll always get a good battle. They don't mean a great deal in the grand scheme of world Boxing though, the only winner that's gone on to do anything remotely significant was Audley Harrison. That tournament tonight was probably the best one I've seen, some talented boxers in there compared to previous tourneys.

SuperKevinHorlock said:
Bit gutted thought that Choi won that. Shame the 39 year old legs didn't carry him through.
have nothing against choi atall, he spent a it of time in oldham near me, but doesnt it say it all when a 39 yr old is up in a ring after retiring? great fight tho, cant take it away from them, but just smacks of the x-factor or summet, saturday nite tele, bit like 20/20 cricket( and i love cricket!!!!)

The biggest loser lastnight on the Sky Prizefighter card was the GB champion, Gary Sykes IMO.Definitely got knocked out by Gary Buckland, the eventual prizefight champion, no question. Buckland's two KO victories lastnight were very impressive in the time allowed. As well as knocking Sykes out with a right to the head, he also knocked Derry Mathew out in the second round of the final thanks to a Left to the body. He landed a cheque for £32,000 - and also paved the way for a crack at the British title currently held by Sykes me thinks. Choi wasn’t convincing. Murphy took his sting in the first bout.

conormcfc said:
WHAT A FUCKING PUNCH!

-- 21 Nov 2010, 04:58 --

SPOILER! Don't click the link if you don't want to know the outcome of Williams/Martinez II
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i81El880Cwk

cracking shot.

from what I read if Paq/Mayweather don't sort something between them he'd be in line to face one of them, and if he can do that, then it would be interesting to watch.

As for Prizefighter last night I won some money on it. I had Choi , Derry Mathews , Buckland and Sykes all to win there opening match in a accumulator so it was a good night for me.

I thought Derry boxed well in winning his 2 fights but Buckland was top class he has a fight with Sykes for the title now next. He only got beaten by Jon Murray not too long ago as well. He could well be a danger in this division.

The Irish card last night was pretty good Big Roggie won on the undercard 2 fights in a month since his injury. Rumours he could be out again on the Lindsey undercard before Xmas. Andy Murray got up from a knock down in the first round to win against the brazilian lad who was WBO Latino Champion at the end of the fight the Brazilian lad gave him his belt nice touch. Paddy Hyland won his fight well last night decent card to end the year of Irish boxing on RTE.

As for the American card last night Guerro looks a decent fighter on the undercard stopping the fight early.

As for Paul Williams v Martinez great KO by Martinez you may not see a 1 punch KO like that for a long time. Williams disapointed me there tonight boxed the wrong fight. I wouldnt mind seeing a part 3 in the future. Martinez now has the pick of Manny or Money who seems more interested in this fight than a Pacman fight we will wait and see but Martinez is 1 of the best pound for pound guys out there now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.