The Boxing thread

Boxing is finished. I've knocked it on the head completely. My young lad has been boxing 5 years now he's 9 years old and even he won't watch the fight tonight.

The guy who owns the boxing gym he goes to doesn't allow them to talk about YouTube fights and advises them not to it.

He's in his 60's and he's proper old school, He loses his shit if Jake Paul is mentioned ect haha
Are women/girls allowed in the gym?

I was never a purist type of boxing fan but loved the American middleweight fights and ours, enjoyed Roy Jones at his peak and even the Thai Galaxy brothers fighting on fighting.

For the real fans of boxing it must be sad watching dodgy results and freak shows taking over.
As you mentioned even American fights, For example Crawford v Spence was last year I was absolutely buzzing for that fight two of the best pound for pound fighters on the planet...It rarely got a mention in the build up to the fight, All the talk was about Jake Paul v Some ex MMA guy...That's where boxing is at now on its knees for boxing fans but on the rise massively financially for promoters and boxers as they all know today's society wants to watch these types of fights like tonight.

I'll watch Sheff Wed v Leeds instead (on mute because Hinchcliffe is on commentary) ;)

Enjoy the fight anyway of you're watching have a good one.

Zhang Parker is okay
Vargas Ball is decent

These weird freak fights are what the world wants though, same as how mental it was that KSI and his mates managed to sell out West Ham for their football kick about.

Are women/girls allowed in the gym?
The gym is ran by father and son and a woman (she's not family).

For Example:
The father has kids from ages 4-11 early mornings on Saturday/Sundays, Weekdays Mon/Wed/Fri...

I have never seen the father train the girls/women boxing since I've been going. The son and the woman trainers have all the girls/women anytime I've been there, I genuinely don't know why that is or why he does it that way unless he doesn't agree with women's boxing I don't know as I'm only there for when my little fella has training.

Don't get me wrong I often seen him having a laugh and chats with the girls/women and they have a great turnout, He's never involved in the actual training of the female boxing training.

The expected schedule I saw had the Zhang Vs Parker fight on about now.

Seems like we're about a fight behind that then?

The gym is ran by father and son and a woman (she's not family).

For Example:
The father has kids from ages 4-11 early mornings on Saturday/Sundays, Weekdays Mon/Wed/Fri...

I have never seen the father train the girls/women boxing since I've been going. The son and the woman trainers have all the girls/women anytime I've been there, I genuinely don't know why that is or why he does it that way unless he doesn't agree with women's boxing I don't know as I'm only there for when my little fella has training.

Don't get me wrong I often seen him having a laugh and chats with the girls/women and they have a great turnout, He's never involved in the actual training of the female boxing training.
It was the golden rule when was a kid. No women/girls were allowed in in case it caused showing off when sparing, different times though. No one started before 6 though, and you had to wait until 11 fight competitively. Most started at 8 or 9 at the earliest.

Expected at 10:20 apparently

Might have to swap the beer for tea at this rate!

Just watching the interview. You can tell Francis isn't a boxer. He's far too humble! Hard not to like him to be honest. I liked his cheeky joke about the elbows not being allowed as well.

Might have to swap the beer for tea at this rate!

Just watching the interview. You can tell Francis isn't a boxer. He's far too humble! Hard not to like him to be honest. I liked his cheeky joke about the elbows not being allowed as well.
As more of an mma man myself, Francis has always been this way. Seems a lovely bloke but may be the scariest heavyweight bar Tom Aspinall (maybe Jon Jones) on the planet. Rewatching his win over Stipe Miocic and Alistair Overeem today really makes me feel he’ll win tonight. Such a good fighter. Really looking forward to it. (The Overeem one)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.