The Boxing thread

Watching Ben Whittaker last night, his talent is very obvious, but I suspect his showboating is masking flaws that will be found out later in his career. He is able to do that against opponents that have no place in the ring with him, and I find it distasteful, but exposing his chin against someone like Beterbiev would, I suspect, see him unable to beat the count. We shall see.

Watching Ben Whittaker last night, his talent is very obvious, but I suspect his showboating is masking flaws that will be found out later in his career. He is able to do that against opponents that have no place in the ring with him, and I find it distasteful, but exposing his chin against someone like Beterbiev would, I suspect, see him unable to beat the count. We shall see.
The guy is a bellend. Nas used to showboat like that but could back it up by knocking you out in an instant. As you say this guy will get found out.

Watching Ben Whittaker last night, his talent is very obvious, but I suspect his showboating is masking flaws that will be found out later in his career. He is able to do that against opponents that have no place in the ring with him, and I find it distasteful, but exposing his chin against someone like Beterbiev would, I suspect, see him unable to beat the count. We shall see
He reminds me of Paulie Malignaggi, style wise. All the skills in the world, but no pop in his punches.
Will be interesting to see if he has Paulie's heart.

Strange. I had it 10-2 for the champion.
It felt, to me, that something was wrong with Riakporhe. Not to take anything away from Billiam-Smith, but it was quite an easy fight for him, and he is a good fighter, but he's not a great. I suspect that Riakporhe struggled to make weight - he looked significantly bigger than Billiam-Smith, but ponderous and lacking snap and stamina. Still, well done to Billiam-Smith who avenged his only loss and can go on to big fights and earnings.
Like you, I was expecting a much closer fight. Riakporhe looked beaten early on and (like you said) lacked snap.
Even when he was told to go for the KO he never looked like he was capable.
No combinations just single punches; so when he did catch Billam-Smith it was easy to deal with.

I do t think anyone dodging Whittaker, but if he's not careful he's going to be a hard sell for promoter's. As has been said Nas was a showboating knockout artist. Whittaker is quick, luckily he may just miss the current group of light heavy champions

I do t think anyone dodging Whittaker, but if he's not careful he's going to be a hard sell for promoter's. As has been said Nas was a showboating knockout artist. Whittaker is quick, luckily he may just miss the current group of light heavy champions
Shocked by this clip.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.