The Boxing thread

Anyone familiar with a boxer from the 1930/40s called Willie Pep?

My lad 14 boxer trains under a professional coach in Manchester trainer came over to the ropes during a 121 yesterday with goosebumps and his arm hairs stood on end saying no kid ever done this to me. He said I’m training Willie pep he’s been reincarnated. We went home researched him and wow that’s some praise! Never actually heard of him.

My lad 14 boxer trains under a professional coach in Manchester trainer came over to the ropes during a 121 yesterday with goosebumps and his arm hairs stood on end saying no kid ever done this to me. He said I’m training Willie pep he’s been reincarnated. We went home researched him and wow that’s some praise! Never actually heard of him.
He had about a million fights didn't he? I remember scouring boxrec.com years ago trying to find the best records

He had about a million fights didn't he? I remember scouring boxrec.com years ago trying to find the best records
229 I think mate, known arguably as the best defensive boxer in history with phenomenal footwork and speed. He’s told my lad to consume everything about him.

Willie Pep was one of the greatest boxers that ever lived. Nearly died in his early 20's after a motorcycle crash. Went onto become a world champion and possibly had the best defence of any boxer that stepped in to the ring. Not a k/o artist, but a true boxing artist.

Last edited:
Willie Pep was one of the greatest boxers that ever lived. Nearly died in his early 20's after a motorcycle crash. Went onto become a world champion and possibly had the best defence of any boxer that stepped in to the ring. Not a k/o artist, but a true boxing artist.
Yes mate we have researched him since great career. My lad has phenomenal footwork and movement I think that’s where he compared him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.