The Boxing thread

I like Froch and King Arthur both are top class fighters with more than a KO punch on them. I hope Froch wins the fight but I think Arthur may well be a harder test than what you want coming back after a defeat.

Regarding Bertos money. His record shows he is a bit of KO artist 20 kos in 26 fights is some going and his manager has got him the best deal. Berto with the right backing may be only a fight or 2 away from the big fights and then it is all up to striking a deal.

I am reading the Bernard Dunne book he was going through what he was paid for his fights and some of the figures werre mind blowing. He got €300,000 for his fight with Kiko which he lost in 86 seconds for a European title fight. I honestly think during the time as European champion he made close to €1 millon. He has slated his promotor Brian Peters as he always tried to screw him over regarding money when he was filling out the Point and o2. So far it has been a good read. He has a lot of time for Freddy Roache when he went over to the wildcard a great read so far so good.

leighton said:
Regarding Bertos money. His record shows he is a bit of KO artist 20 kos in 26 fights is some going and his manager has got him the best deal. Berto with the right backing may be only a fight or 2 away from the big fights and then it is all up to striking a deal.

He might be somewhat of a KO artist but that purse is ridiculous. JMM apart, he's getting more than the rest of the card put together. Katsidis is headlining the event, has fought far better competition and has 22 KO's in 27 fights yet he's getting half of what Berto's getting? What's going on?

I wish the fight with Mosley in January hadn't been cancelled so the hype-train could've ended there and then.

Saturday night should be fun with JMM vs. Katsidis, Berto vs. Hernandez and Caballero vs. Litzau. I think the Caballero/Litzau fight will be the most fun while it lasts, Litzau could catch hurt him but Caballero's class will earn him a KO at some point.

conormcfc said:
buckshot said:
Saturday night should be fun with JMM vs. Katsidis, Berto vs. Hernandez and Caballero vs. Litzau. I think the Caballero/Litzau fight will be the most fun while it lasts, Litzau could catch hurt him but Caballero's class will earn him a KO at some point.
Also Abraham/Froch and Ward/Bika.

Froch and Abraham should be a barnburner. I'll go with AA in that one.

conormcfc said:
leighton said:

He might be somewhat of a KO artist but that purse is ridiculous. JMM apart, he's getting more than the rest of the card put together. Katsidis is headlining the event, has fought far better competition and has 22 KO's in 27 fights yet he's getting half of what Berto's getting? What's going on?

I wish the fight with Mosley in January hadn't been cancelled so the hype-train could've ended there and then.

Cornor just look at the likes of Naz and Ricky and even to a lesser extent Khan all 3 took Frank Warren to the cleaners money wise when Warren was there promoter. The managers behind those fighters get them the best deals they can. As far as I know a promotor can not be both a manager and promotor for the fighters they have on there cards. So there managers sort out there deals.
I look at Berto and by the looks of it he has a great manager. Compare his management to Katsidis and his manager has let him down big time. All the big fighters have a great manager behind them that make them multi millions during there time in the ring.

Re: froch v abraham comment and link

Yeah mate check the Boxing thread later on. All the pre-fight stuff will be in there.<br /><br />-- Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:25 pm --<br /><br />Yeah mate check the Boxing thread later on. All the pre-fight stuff will be in there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.