The Boxing thread

I dont think Williams will be the same fighter again. Yes he may win a world title again but he may well have to change his style a wee bit. That KO last night as soon as Martinez landed he was out cold before he hit the canvas those KOs take a lot out of the fighters. You normally wouldnt have a worry about Williams chin but after that last night I think he will be worried a bit.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
You still think williams would beat Floyd ono?

or do I have you confused with someone else?
It was me who said I reckon either Williams or Martinez would beat Floyd at 154. I thought Martinez would win it via decision last night, you always have to favour the boxer in rematches. I didn't expect him to do that though, it was like a replay of the punch Pac knocked Hatton out with. I agree with Leighton, I can't see Williams being the same after that, he'll have to compromise his style from now on and he wont carry the same threat.

As for Martinez, I favour him over Floyd or Pac at 154. I could see Pac asking for another catchweight though, which would completely drain Martinez as the lowest can possibly get down to is 154. He apparently struggled to even make that for this fight. I don't see those 2 fighting each other.

The only time Floyd fought at 154 was against De La Hoya, where he struggled to a split decision. Martinez is just too big and too slick at that weight imo. We'll see though, it'd definately make an interesting fight. Martinez is clearly the P4P #3 now, he's on course to win the fighter of the year award too after his win over Pavlik.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
You still think williams would beat Floyd ono?

or do I have you confused with someone else?
Nah it wasn't me. I don't think anyone can beat Floyd. The only way he'll lose is if he has another long lay off and under-estimates his opponent. But Floyd is professional and it's unlikely he'll do that.

I've never really been that overly impressed with Williams nor Martinez, and i'm a bit baffled as to how they've both ranked so highly in many people's p4p lists. Having said that, there's an awful lot of inactive fighters up there so maybe that's why. They're both good fighters, but the fact they were in and around the top 5 P4P says more about the inactivity and defeats of the other top level fighters like Mosley, JMM etc, than it does about their abilities.

Like i said, both good fighters, and Martinez has a lot of balls, but i find it a little shocking that Martinez now pretty much becomes P4P #3. I don't argue that he should be lower, i'm just disappointed with the inactivity of the fighters around him. Having said that, P4P lists are subjective anyway, and in the grand scheme of things, they don't mean much. Haha.

Good weekend for Boxing anyway. Some great knockouts.

1 of my favourite British fighters is fighting next weekend in the Super 6 and it should be a good fight. Carl Froch v King Arthur Abraham. Both fighters coming back off there first defeat and who is going to come back stronger I just hope I can get a decent link to watch this fight. Cant beleive those bastards Sky never bought the rights for the Super 6 they would of got 6 fights in the year with the best fighters of the Super Middleweight division why they didnt do a deal I blame that shithead Hennessey. If Sky got it Froch would be a lot more well known to the casual fans.

Also that fucker Warren and Sky yet again with another PPV well Warren can go fuck himself the G8 Britian v The World can fuck off. The English card isnt PPV worth same as the German card and Khan I will never ever waste my money on him and his PPVs.

conormcfc said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
I'm watching Pacquiao/Margarito now, I don't understand how he can be so strong but I think it's wrong to claim he's a drug cheat without having proper evidence.
Never failed a drugs test in his life.

i know, but some people have that opinion...and he was very difficult in the mayweather negotiations over the matter.

leighton said:
1 of my favourite British fighters is fighting next weekend in the Super 6 and it should be a good fight. Carl Froch v King Arthur Abraham. Both fighters coming back off there first defeat and who is going to come back stronger I just hope I can get a decent link to watch this fight. Cant beleive those bastards Sky never bought the rights for the Super 6 they would of got 6 fights in the year with the best fighters of the Super Middleweight division why they didnt do a deal I blame that shithead Hennessey. If Sky got it Froch would be a lot more well known to the casual fans.

Also that fucker Warren and Sky yet again with another PPV well Warren can go fuck himself the G8 Britian v The World can fuck off. The English card isnt PPV worth same as the German card and Khan I will never ever waste my money on him and his PPVs.
Froch/Abraham will be a good fight. I'm favouring Abraham at the moment, just. You've also got Andre Ward fighting Sakio Bika next Saturday but because of Direll pulling out it wont be a super 6 fight. Added to that there's also Berto/Hernandez and the small matter of JMM/Katsidis. What a night of boxing next Saturday.

With regards to the Gr8 Britain vs the world PPV, I think it's a pretty good deal. Khan/Maidana, Wlad/Chisora, Macklin, Kell Brook, Cleverly and DeGale as well as Victor Ortiz on the Khan undercard? Well worth the £15 imo, I think I might actually buy a PPV for once.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.