The Boxing thread

Regarding the G8 Britian v The World there is a little bit of Irish interest in the card I just hope they show all the card. As if memory is right they never showed Frankie Gavin in the Mag7 a while back. Also the German card has Andy Lee on the undercard he is keeping very active with another date set for early feb against Vera. So there is a lot of Irish interest in this card with Macklin , Lee if they show his fight and even Frankie Gavin current Irish champion. I heard a rumour some more Irish lads might be on the Khan undercard in either Kavanagh or Byrne who train out of the Wildcard gym so for a Irish point of view the English card for Macklin and Gavin might be worth a look.

A belated comment on Prize Fighter.

I thought Buckland was superb, thoroughly deserves his shot at Sykes over 12 rounds. Derry Matthews did well to get his revenge over Choi, but after Buckland landed that killer right on Sykes inside a minute there was only one winner. I reckon Sykes cocked up big time by chasing the cash prize, but all credit to him for participating.

The Williams KO was absolutely brutal, it'll be interesting to see how he recovers from a defeat like that.

I still can't believe the referee didn't wave off the fight immediately, rather than count him out while ringside doctors are diving in to ensure his safety.

Only in America.

*singingtheblues* said:
The Williams KO was absolutely brutal, it'll be interesting to see how he recovers from a defeat like that.

I still can't believe the referee didn't wave off the fight immediately, rather than count him out while ringside doctors are diving in to ensure his safety.

Only in America.
It was laughable refereeing.

Looking forward to next Saturday night now. Some crackers.

The way Williams was KO'd it reminded me of the KO punch of Andy Lee a couple of years ago as soon as he landed the fighter was out.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2bPJQcDyu0[/youtube]

It wont be long before Lee will be fighting for a chance at a World title soon. 3 more fights and he could be there or abouts. He is fighting on the undercard of the German card this weekend. Then Vera early next year and then Duddy around Paddys Day seem to be set up if he keeps clear of injuries he will be a busy man.

Just read the purses for HBO's JMM/Katsidis bill:

Marquez $1.4 mill/Katsidis $530K
Berto $910K/Hernandez $75K
Caballero $200K/Litzau $50K

Why does Berto get paid so bloody much? The guy isn't even that good, he'll be exposed as soon as he fights a decent opponent. It's not like he does brilliant TV numbers either, I just don't see where the hype comes from.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_ulQ53EYbo&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
What a face-off haha.

conormcfc said:
ono said:
Can't wait for Froch - Abraham. :-)

Be a right tear up.
Aye, should be a fight of the year contender. If Froch trades with Abraham though he's getting knocked out imo. He needs to use his reach and box smart.
Yeah but as soon as he gets hit, he'll get into a dick waving contest i reckon. Much like he did against Pascal. Could be his undoing. Having said that, Abraham starts slow, and Froch can dig. Should be a belter anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.