The Boxing thread

Lost Pilot said:
Khans wins against Maidana, stopping Paulie and Zab (especially after his later showing against Garcia) were all top notch, as well as the fact that he was bossing Garcia up until he got caught then got stupid. Unfortunately he just doesn't fight enough, he should have taken that Alexander fight which he was capable of winning, instead now he is still chasing a payday from Floyd and Kell Brook is the mandatory for a belt that could of been his. He does make some stupid mistakes in and out of the ring but listening to his commentary on The Paulie V Zab Showtime card the other week, he's definitely not the brightest button.

He sounds stupid, act stupid and above all fights stupid. He's just stupid, but tbf he's also stupid rich!

oman0115 said:
Lost Pilot said:
Khans wins against Maidana, stopping Paulie and Zab (especially after his later showing against Garcia) were all top notch, as well as the fact that he was bossing Garcia up until he got caught then got stupid. Unfortunately he just doesn't fight enough, he should have taken that Alexander fight which he was capable of winning, instead now he is still chasing a payday from Floyd and Kell Brook is the mandatory for a belt that could of been his. He does make some stupid mistakes in and out of the ring but listening to his commentary on The Paulie V Zab Showtime card the other week, he's definitely not the brightest button.

He sounds stupid, act stupid and above all fights stupid. He's just stupid, but tbf he's also stupid rich!

i said to a few people after watching him in the studio after the Froch Groves fight, "they shouldn't ever have him on, he is thick as shit" he just starts talking without knowing what he's going to say and you can see his mind go black, Haye & McCory were cringing for him, it was hard to watch

bluemc1 said:
oman0115 said:
Lost Pilot said:

i said to a few people after watching him in the studio after the Froch Groves fight, "they shouldn't ever have him on, he is thick as shit" he just starts talking without knowing what he's going to say and you can see his mind go black, Haye & McCory were cringing for him, it was hard to watch

On showtime he just repeated what the other commentators said, then said he had the Porter V Alexander fight even despite Porter beating the shit out of Alexander, then when they announced the winner he said he had Porter out in front two minutes after it was a 'close fight'. Eejit!

Broner I dont know why he moved up in weight. Will go back down to his normal weight and fight the likes of Ricky Burns and destroy him. This could go either way for Broner he comes back stronger than before or he goes to shit.

See Carl Frampton has been called out by Leo Santa Cruz but Frampton is mandatory for Kikos world title. Frampton gets that title and fights either Quigg or Santa Cruz in a unification fights then it could well be a big 2014 for Frampton.

Also Vitali Kiltschko has retired in sorts from boxing taking a more closer look to politics. I wonder who will fight for the vacant title. Fury could be in line but against who??

Also on the am scene it seems double bronze Olympic medallist Paddy Barnes is looking to turn pro. This could happen next year good boxer and has a style for pros more so. Get him in a good gym and he will go places. Spars a lot with Carl Frampton. Also Jason Quigley could also be tempted in going pro aswell.

leighton said:
Broner I dont know why he moved up in weight. Will go back down to his normal weight and fight the likes of Ricky Burns and destroy him. This could go either way for Broner he comes back stronger than before or he goes to shit.

See Carl Frampton has been called out by Leo Santa Cruz but Frampton is mandatory for Kikos world title. Frampton gets that title and fights either Quigg or Santa Cruz in a unification fights then it could well be a big 2014 for Frampton.

Also Vitali Kiltschko has retired in sorts from boxing taking a more closer look to politics. I wonder who will fight for the vacant title. Fury could be in line but against who??

Also on the am scene it seems double bronze Olympic medallist Paddy Barnes is looking to turn pro. This could happen next year good boxer and has a style for pros more so. Get him in a good gym and he will go places. Spars a lot with Carl Frampton. Also Jason Quigley could also be tempted in going pro aswell.
Broner was/is a delusional twat. He thought he was gonna just move through the weights Mayweather/Pacquiao style and pick up all the belts. To be fair to him I thought he showed a lot of bottle towards the end of that fight, he could've easily thrown in the towel after all the punishment he had taken but he fought fire with fire and I think I gave him the last couple of rounds. He needs to stop now with all the shit he does outside the ring, flushing money down the toilet and stuff like that, the guy has been taught a lesson.

As for Vitali's belt, I think we both know exactly who will come back out of 'retirement' for a 2nd time and fight for that title. It's all too predictable from the great conman.

Is Broner the guy I watched on youtube burning any $ notes under $100 because he doesn't use "chump change" or some other bollocks

Because if it is I am very very pleased

conormcfc said:
leighton said:

Broner was/is a delusional twat. He thought he was gonna just move through the weights Mayweather/Pacquiao style and pick up all the belts. To be fair to him I thought he showed a lot of bottle towards the end of that fight, he could've easily thrown in the towel after all the punishment he had taken but he fought fire with fire and I think I gave him the last couple of rounds. He needs to stop now with all the shit he does outside the ring, flushing money down the toilet and stuff like that, the guy has been taught a lesson.

As for Vitali's belt, I think we both know exactly who will come back out of 'retirement' for a 2nd time and fight for that title. It's all too predictable from the great conman.

Hang on Conor being harsh on calling Haye a conman. What he did was brilliant he was the best KOing boxer I seen coming from the UK for a long long time. Real KO power. His record as a Cruiserweight was brilliant and to be a 2 weight World Champion he can always hold his head high. The injuries he has picked up have been major injuries this shoulder injury is major if you dont have full mobility in you arms pointless fighting. See how his rehab goes and how he feels. I cant and wont knock the man. He has made a fortune and done most of the hard work himself. He is by far the best promotor of fights as he has sold huge numbers during that time. Mainly down to him getting out there and getting his face everywhere and promoting himself everywhere. What current boxers do that well on mainstream tv not many. IF you dont like the guy so be it but I wouldnt belittle any boxer and call them a conman.

As for next year the boxers I think that will have big years are Frampton and Brook see both of them winning a World title. Fury fighting Klitschko by the end of the year and being blown away. Lee v Macklin in a all Irish fight. Martin Murray winning a world title. Froch v Groves 2 or Froch v GGG or Ward and seeing Froch going out with his head held high. He has moved up to join Joe Calzaghe and Ricky Hatton as the greats of boxing from the UK in the last few years.

As for the Irish fighters well honestly think Stephen Ormond might get a European title fight this year he beat Derry Mathews in his last fight. His trainers seem to think they might be 2 fights away from a World title he is promoted by Warren so you never know money talks. Jamie Kavanagh hopefully will get moved up in standard of fights in 2014 he is based in the Wildcard gym in the US just to see where he is going if he is able to fight with the best in his weight or the gatekeepers. The 1 fighter here that I would love to see get picked up by a UK promoter is Philip Sutcliffe Jnr so far this year 5 fights 5 wins by KO hes a banger who can box these young fighters in Ireland were all class ams and are making there way in the pro game now.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Is Broner the guy I watched on youtube burning any $ notes under $100 because he doesn't use "chump change" or some other bollocks

Because if it is I am very very pleased
Not sure but it sounds like something the crass ball bag would do....as for his boxing ability reminds more of a Jeff Lacy than a Floyd Mayweather

oman0115 said:
Santiago Street . said:
Kirkland Tapia was a brutal old style fight - fantastic viewing.

Barker made all the right noises before the fight and sure he was unlucky his hip went but I don't put him at Sturm's level anyhow. Nobody who knows his story could fail to warm to the lad but the Geale fight was a once in a lifetime effort from him and even with a clean bill of health he'll never reproduce that night.

Macklin's on the decline but domestic dust ups with Lee and Murray next year should earn him a nice nest egg for retirement.

Darren Barker reminded me of Bute in Nottingham on Saturday, the occasion was way too much for him. Out of him, Macklin, Lee & Murray only Murray has World Title class imo. All four of them should cash in on the hype Sky has been trying to build for over a year now!

I don't rate Murray that highly. Respect to him for good performances against Sturm and Martinez but those 2, particularly Martinez , were nowhere near their peak when they fought him. He'd beat Macklin now and Lee but Barker if he can sort out his hips would be too slick for him.

Anyhow thanks to the ludicrous alphabet title situation, Murray can win a "world title" on the next GGG undercard fighting an Australian whose main claim to fame is losing to the up and coming BJ Saunders last year. Why he's pissing about fighting journeymen like Fletcher and that Russian he beat last week is beyond me although I suppose fast Eddie would say holding a belt, any belt, will increase his chances of getting a big fish to fight him in England.

How good was it to watch Broner get beat down ! Hopefully he's learnt some humility and can come back at a more appropriate weight with a better attitude and use his talent to better effect.

Santiago Street . said:
oman0115 said:
Santiago Street . said:
Kirkland Tapia was a brutal old style fight - fantastic viewing.

Barker made all the right noises before the fight and sure he was unlucky his hip went but I don't put him at Sturm's level anyhow. Nobody who knows his story could fail to warm to the lad but the Geale fight was a once in a lifetime effort from him and even with a clean bill of health he'll never reproduce that night.

Macklin's on the decline but domestic dust ups with Lee and Murray next year should earn him a nice nest egg for retirement.

Darren Barker reminded me of Bute in Nottingham on Saturday, the occasion was way too much for him. Out of him, Macklin, Lee & Murray only Murray has World Title class imo. All four of them should cash in on the hype Sky has been trying to build for over a year now!

I don't rate Murray that highly. Respect to him for good performances against Sturm and Martinez but those 2, particularly Martinez , were nowhere near their peak when they fought him. He'd beat Macklin now and Lee but Barker if he can sort out his hips would be too slick for him.

Anyhow thanks to the ludicrous alphabet title situation, Murray can win a "world title" on the next GGG undercard fighting an Australian whose main claim to fame is losing to the up and coming BJ Saunders last year. Why he's pissing about fighting journeymen like Fletcher and that Russian he beat last week is beyond me although I suppose fast Eddie would say holding a belt, any belt, will increase his chances of getting a big fish to fight him in England.

How good was it to watch Broner get beat down ! Hopefully he's learnt some humility and can come back at a more appropriate weight with a better attitude and use his talent to better effect.

Well Murray had the chance to fight for GGGs title instead of the regular title bullshit. I don't agree with any of the main titles having a regular champion and a super champion in each weight. Its wrong and belittles the original champions. We could see Murray holding the regular title while the real champion is GGG. As the same for Quigg holding the regular title while Rigondeaux is the Super Champion. Paper champions but not really. I think it shows that Hatton wont let Murray near a GGG fight and that they will win the regular title and hope GGG moves up in weight. Don't like it but I understand why promotors do it for there fighters. Anyway looking forward to seeing Murray against the winner of Lee v Macklin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.