The Boxing thread

Santiago Street . said:
Apparently we have Fury v Chisora 2 to look forward to in summer now Fury's joined Warren's stable

Lot of rumours going around. Nothing has been signed is what I am told so far. Also he is still staying with Mick Hennessy as his promoter too. I was told it is a 3 fight deal for his fights on Boxnation. A bit like Carl Frampton and Barry McGugian they signed a 3 to 5 fight deal with Boxnation rather than Warren it self which is the way it is going. Also Ricky Hatton had a deal in place with Boxnation to show fights but I dont think he has had a fight or his own promotion on it yet.

Also heard that Martin Murray pulled out of his fight on the undercard of the Golovkin card in Monaco. This is coming from the Aussies fighters team. Also Sky Sports is showing Jean Pascal v Luciean Bute in a all Canadian fight with the winner fighting more than likely Adonis Stephenson later in the year. On the undercard is Mike Perez the Irish based Cuban based in Cork.

leighton said:
Santiago Street . said:
Apparently we have Fury v Chisora 2 to look forward to in summer now Fury's joined Warren's stable

Lot of rumours going around. Nothing has been signed is what I am told so far. Also he is still staying with Mick Hennessy as his promoter too. I was told it is a 3 fight deal for his fights on Boxnation. A bit like Carl Frampton and Barry McGugian they signed a 3 to 5 fight deal with Boxnation rather than Warren it self which is the way it is going. Also Ricky Hatton had a deal in place with Boxnation to show fights but I dont think he has had a fight or his own promotion on it yet.

Also heard that Martin Murray pulled out of his fight on the undercard of the Golovkin card in Monaco. This is coming from the Aussies fighters team. Also Sky Sports is showing Jean Pascal v Luciean Bute in a all Canadian fight with the winner fighting more than likely Adonis Stephenson later in the year. On the undercard is Mike Perez the Irish based Cuban based in Cork.

fancy Pascal strongly in that one think you can get 5-6

Santiago Street . said:
Mick Hennessey is rubbish.

His fighters rarely fight and he takes careers backwards.

True but out of the promoters he was the only 1 who managed to get his fighters on free to air tv be it C5. If the tv company isnt giving the funds for big fights for his fighters not a lot he can do. Kid Galan is fighting for the European title. DeGale is fighting a eliminator and Fury could well fight for a World title. So in those 3 fighters mind he aint too bad of a promoter on a limited budget.

Forget the pre 2013 Chirsora. He will never be a top fighter but always a decent one especially now hes in great shape. Went the distance with Fury first time round

leighton said:
Santiago Street . said:

True but out of the promoters he was the only 1 who managed to get his fighters on free to air tv be it C5. If the tv company isnt giving the funds for big fights for his fighters not a lot he can do. Kid Galan is fighting for the European title. DeGale is fighting a eliminator and Fury could well fight for a World title. So in those 3 fighters mind he aint too bad of a promoter on a limited budget.

No point getting em on free to air if it doesn't raise their profile enough to land em big fights.

Look at the way DeGale and Groves' careers have gone since they fought. DeGale's fighting relative nobodies in front of maybe 1,000 people in shopping centres while George is hitting the big time. OK one might argue that DeGale's style makes him more likely to be avoided by opponents and TV execs but there's more to it than that.

Fury got the Haye fight due to his own larger than life persona and Haye's eye for what the public want - nout to do wi Hennessey

They're talking about Fury/ Chisora in a football stadium in the summer.

I questioned whether Chisora/Haye was a big enough fight for a stadium and was proved wrong
but surely there wouldn't be enough interest in a Fury/Chisora fight to sell out a stadium would there?

tidyman said:
They're talking about Fury/ Chisora in a football stadium in the summer.

I questioned whether Chisora/Haye was a big enough fight for a stadium and was proved wrong
but surely there wouldn't be enough interest in a Fury/Chisora fight to sell out a stadium would there?

well i wouldn't bother going if it was at the M.E.N sorry P.F.U.A, i agree its not big enough and i won't say yet as it will never be

Santiago Street . said:
leighton said:
Santiago Street . said:

No point getting em on free to air if it doesn't raise their profile enough to land em big fights.

Look at the way DeGale and Groves' careers have gone since they fought. DeGale's fighting relative nobodies in front of maybe 1,000 people in shopping centres while George is hitting the big time. OK one might argue that DeGale's style makes him more likely to be avoided by opponents and TV execs but there's more to it than that.

Fury got the Haye fight due to his own larger than life persona and Haye's eye for what the public want - nout to do wi Hennessey

Regarding DeGale the fans never got behind him. Since his fight with Groves the way he was he acted like a dick and got found out. Fight fans dont forget. I think the Gold medal went to his head in all fairness. Thats mainly why he is fighting in small venues. You could say that most of Matchroom fighters wouldnt sell out big venues. Maybe apart from Froch , Groves now , Kell Brook and Ricky Burns they would sell out there own shows alone. I think Quigg is getting a big push but he aint a big draw. They messed up with letting Frampton go as he sold out Belfast and is still doing it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.