The Boxing thread

Thanks for the recommendations lads

Didn't watch Pascal Bute but in general I think Jim's a good judge of a fight. He needs a more authoritative commentator than Halling alongside him to rein him in a bit at times though.

Skys Coverage went downhill over the years. Paul Dempsey going started it off. Then Iain Darke he had a real passion for the fights. I think they need to sprinkle something new in there. I dont mind a former boxer. I would rather have Jamie Moore in there instead of Watt. I can see Darren Barker doing something with sky now he is retired.

leighton said:
Skys Coverage went downhill over the years. Paul Dempsey going started it off. Then Iain Darke he had a real passion for the fights. I think they need to sprinkle something new in there. I dont mind a former boxer. I would rather have Jamie Moore in there instead of Watt. I can see Darren Barker doing something with sky now he is retired.

Dempsey was / is a class act but Adam Smith is just as good.

I've nout against Moore or Barker as pundits but I'd hate to see boxing follow the world of football punditry and flood the commentary boxes with very recently retired lads. I like an older voice, someone who's seen it, done it and moved on from it and is thus able to speak with perspective and experience and wisdom

Santiago Street . said:
leighton said:

Dempsey was / is a class act but Adam Smith is just as good.

I've nout against Moore or Barker as pundits but I'd hate to see boxing follow the world of football punditry and flood the commentary boxes with very recently retired lads. I like an older voice, someone who's seen it, done it and moved on from it and is thus able to speak with perspective and experience and wisdom

Dave Boy McCalley used to do it on the Irish boxing and done a Frampton card before. When sky were doubling with a US card.

Is this true?

ryjedu7y.jpg

allan harper said:
Is this true?

ryjedu7y.jpg

might be but Froch will vacate if they force him, he wants to fight a big Vegas fight first and i don't blame him

Surely a massive domestic PPV would generate more money than a Chavez Jnr fight on HBO (Jnr is not an American PPV star). Plus what happens if Jnr loses to Vera like he did last time regardless of what the judges said. Enjoy watching Froch, but the man is a cock IMO.

Groves might have been winning on points but Froch was getting the better of him and the Ref had to save Groves a humiliation or worse. Froch shouldn't be obliged to take part in the rematch. Groves' whinging is starting to piss me off. He's a bad loser.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.