The Boxing thread

Maidana isnt a bad fighter. Hes a banger and a banger is always dangerous. Coming off beating a cocky Adrien Broner where he dismantled a Money wannabe and won big on the cards. He has changed trainers to Robert Garcia and he now looks a lot better. More in shape and more focus. It wont be as straight forward for Money with Maidanas power but I fully expect Money to keep Maidana at the end of his jab for the majority of the fight. I think Money wins by a wide points win but there will be a few close rounds.

As for Khan v Kell. I cant see it happening just yet. Kell should fight for a World title first then a fight with Khan would make Kell a lot of money. I think Kell beats Khan.

conormcfc said:
So Mayweather/Maidana is happening.

Is anyone outside of Latin America remotely interested in this fight?

Mayweather/Maidana is a bigger revenue earner than Mayweather/Khan. End of. TBH, I'd rather be on fire than watch Amir. Quick hands and feet, forgets to defend, very questionable punch resistance and a bit of a twat. Just my opinion

Davs 19 said:
conormcfc said:

Mayweather/Maidana is a bigger revenue earner than Mayweather/Khan. End of. TBH, I'd rather be on fire than watch Amir. Quick hands and feet, forgets to defend, very questionable punch resistance and a bit of a twat. Just my opinion

Yep agree with you re money.

Just out of interest wouldn't a boxer with quick hands and questionable punch resistance who forgets to defend be a must watch every time ? Or do you not want to watch him because your opinion of his persona overrides your love of watching a good fight ?

Changing the subject slightly- UK boxing greats who weren't actually great.

Prince Nazeem Hamed. Why he was ever a prince I will never know after he did nothing after being knocked out.

Bolton's own Amir Khan for the same.

Comments?

djimaldblue said:

Prince Nazeem Hamed. Why he was ever a prince I will never know after he did nothing after being knocked out.

Comments?

shall we start with Naz was NEVER knocked out then move on to Khan went on to win a world Title after being knocked out,

Santiago Street . said:
Davs 19 said:
conormcfc said:

Yep agree with you re money.

Just out of interest wouldn't a boxer with quick hands and questionable punch resistance who forgets to defend be a must watch every time ? Or do you not want to watch him because your opinion of his persona overrides your love of watching a good fight ?

You make a fair point because , unusually for me when it comes boxing, I do let my perception of Amir as a person influence me. My other turn off is that I know that at real top level, he'll be exposed much more often than not.

Naz was great lets not that the piss. I loved watching him fight. Mainly because he could back it up. He had the X Factor a bit of something about him and his record was good. He retired way before his time. It was like he lost the love of the sport and when your heart isnt in it then. Sadly for boxing fans then his retirement was what was best for him. I think he was only 28 when he retired from Boxing crazy when he would of only been coming into his peak years ahead. I think his ego and his split from Brendan Ingle didnt help him. Ingle was brilliant in Nazs corner but once that ended you could see Nazs ego going into over drive and him thinking all he needed to do was turn up to get the wins. He was great but he could of been a World wide great if he had the heart to fight on. You look at fighters he could of boxed its a whos who. Morales , Barrera in a rematch. Manny Pacquiao and even Floyd Mayweather could of all been matched with Naz if he had the heart to fight on. I know its crazy but British fight fans missed so many big fights with Naz in it. Even a all British fight with Scott Harrison could of been on. Its the fights like these that has pissed me off that Naz never boxed. Maybe they were taking too much out of him but to see an amazing talent retire so young was so sad. As Brendan Ingle said the money went to his head and Ingle was right.

djimaldblue said:

Comments?

?? He was never knocked out, he took some serious shots from Kevin Kelly and came back to win then was beaten on points (out boxed) by Barrera.
When he was in his prime he was an awesome fighter without question

Santiago Street . said:
Great is an overused word

Naz had great talent but wasn't a great fighter

it depends on how you use great, i think he was a great fighter but should he be remembered as one of the greats, possibly not, i think the Naz 1996 to mid 97 could have beaten anyone he just never came close to seeing his full potential, for me for someone who never really gave boxing his full 100% to beat everyone bar 1 he fought does show he was a great fighter, not saying he didnt train hard sometimes but did he put the same in as say Froch, Hopkins, Mayweather ? no chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.