The Boxing thread

yorks blue said:
Interesting betting odds on paddy power. Fancy acouple of bets just wondering what the thoughts are on here.

The bet is on paddy power and it's for them to win a world title before 2020
Anthony Joshua 17/10
Eubank junior 7/2
Billy joe Saunders 6/1
There's others but these are the ones I fancy

Kal Yafai is about 7/1 I think

Santiago Street . said:
GGG looks a bit special though man that's why he's avoided. Martinez would rather fight a smaller man in Cotto, who's probably shot at elite level anyhow, than unify the belts. None of the other middleweights are in the same league.

Dunno if you're joking about him fighting at 175 (????) but he'll never be big enough.

Super Mid possibly but the only 2 opponents who GGG would enhance his reputation by beating are Froch and Ward. Neither would enhance their own reputation massively by beating a naturally smaller man so why would they risk it. At the moment I'd have to say Ward would beat GGG but only because we haven't seen how GGG deals with a truly elite fighter. If he walked thru Martinez for example like he's walking thru everyone else then he becomes a P4P contender for me. Canelo could easily fight at 160 and it'd be interesting to see if GGG could beat him as easily as Floyd did

With his frame he's more likely to move down. There's talk of him fighting Floyd at 154ish when Floyd runs out of credible opponents to fulfill his 6 fight deal. Though how Maidana or Khan are credible opponents is beyond me. And we all know Floyd won't go anywhere near a heavy handed fighter like GGG.

Eubank Jr 7/2 to win a world title ! I'd lay double that all day long. British title maybe.

The only 2?

Pick anyone from Kessler, Groves, Abraham, Bika, Stieglitz, either Dirrell brother, even DeGale. Any of these would be better wins than anyone he currently has on his record.

I remember when Jeff Lacy was blasting out nobodies. Doesn't mean much in p4p terms and neither does a win over Andy Lee for GGG with all due respect.

I've lumped a couple of quid on Joey Abell to stop Fury tonight - early doors.

You can get 66/1 on the first 4 rounds. Actually, might even be 80/1 on round 3 and on round 4. Worth a punt for a couple of quid. Fury has come in at 274lbs which is a disgrace. He's not fought since last April and Abell has 28 Ko's in 29 wins. Fury has been put over early before. If nothing else, it makes the fight more interesting anyway.

ono said:

You can get 66/1 on the first 4 rounds. Actually, might even be 80/1 on round 3 and on round 4. Worth a punt for a couple of quid. Fury has come in at 274lbs which is a disgrace. He's not fought since last April and Abell has 28 Ko's in 29 wins. Fury has been put over early before. If nothing else, it makes the fight more interesting anyway.

You may as well have set fire to your cash ;.)

Davs 19 said:
ono said:

You may as well have set fire to your cash ;.)
Haha i had £12 knocking about in my Skybet account. Abell put Pulev down. He can hit. Fury doesn't have a chin. He should win easily still, but the odds were difficult to resist. And his weight suggests he isn't taking it seriously. Mistake to make against a banger.

conormcfc said:
Santiago Street . said:
GGG looks a bit special though man that's why he's avoided. Martinez would rather fight a smaller man in Cotto, who's probably shot at elite level anyhow, than unify the belts. None of the other middleweights are in the same league.

Dunno if you're joking about him fighting at 175 (????) but he'll never be big enough.

Super Mid possibly but the only 2 opponents who GGG would enhance his reputation by beating are Froch and Ward. Neither would enhance their own reputation massively by beating a naturally smaller man so why would they risk it. At the moment I'd have to say Ward would beat GGG but only because we haven't seen how GGG deals with a truly elite fighter. If he walked thru Martinez for example like he's walking thru everyone else then he becomes a P4P contender for me. Canelo could easily fight at 160 and it'd be interesting to see if GGG could beat him as easily as Floyd did

With his frame he's more likely to move down. There's talk of him fighting Floyd at 154ish when Floyd runs out of credible opponents to fulfill his 6 fight deal. Though how Maidana or Khan are credible opponents is beyond me. And we all know Floyd won't go anywhere near a heavy handed fighter like GGG.

Eubank Jr 7/2 to win a world title ! I'd lay double that all day long. British title maybe.

The only 2?

Pick anyone from Kessler, Groves, Abraham, Bika, Stieglitz, either Dirrell brother, even DeGale. Any of these would be better wins than anyone he currently has on his record.

I remember when Jeff Lacy was blasting out nobodies. Doesn't mean much in p4p terms and neither does a win over Andy Lee for GGG with all due respect.

Andy Lee???? Sure you not mean Mat Macklin??? Lee is rumoured to be the next to fight GGG. I think Lee has improved over the year he has been with Adam Booth training him. I think its too early for that fight but Lee is a brave man and will fight any one. GGG will dominate and I was hoping for a Marthinez fight but its plain to see he is avoided. Martin Murray has been offered the fight and refused it on 2 ocassions so far.

Blue Note said:
Keep an eye out for Mark Heffron, fighting in Dublin tomorrow. Great prospect and local.

Heading in there tonight be leaving in a hour or so. Yes some good fights on but its a shame Ryan Burnett isnt fighting as that kid is a prospect to look out for too. 7 fight card on tonight if i get in for 5 fights I will be happy. Luke Keller is 1 of the locals on the bill too just starting out 4th fight tonight. Seems a decent lad got my tickets off him for the fight. Went up to the gym and made very welcome by all there.

leighton said:
conormcfc said:
Santiago Street . said:

The only 2?

Andy Lee???? Sure you not mean Mat Macklin??? Lee is rumoured to be the next to fight GGG. I think Lee has improved over the year he has been with Adam Booth training him. I think its too early for that fight but Lee is a brave man and will fight any one. GGG will dominate and I was hoping for a Marthinez fight but its plain to see he is avoided. Martin Murray has been offered the fight and refused it on 2 ocassions so far.

Blue Note said:
Keep an eye out for Mark Heffron, fighting in Dublin tomorrow. Great prospect and local.

Heading in there tonight be leaving in a hour or so. Yes some good fights on but its a shame Ryan Burnett isnt fighting as that kid is a prospect to look out for too. 7 fight card on tonight if i get in for 5 fights I will be happy. Luke Keller is 1 of the locals on the bill too just starting out 4th fight tonight. Seems a decent lad got my tickets off him for the fight. Went up to the gym and made very welcome by all there.

Is any boxing on TV tonight??

Only home. Hefferon looked well but not too impressive he could of stopped the lad but didnt do it. Try and make a nake as a KO artist yet in Ireland tonight he was dull and just going true the motions.

Ricky Hatton was in the corner of Sunny Upton. Hatton got a brilliant reception from the fans. As did Andy Lee who was also at the fight. A good night and with some good fights..

Has there been a better opening round of boxing than this?

<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/FuYclaefqPQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/FuYclaefqPQ</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.