The Boxing thread

Carl has it all. I said it from day 1 that he was a special talent and he is showing it with every fight. Getting Quigg in the ring after the fight its laughable to hear Quigg talking at times. Carl and McGugian are right in what there saying. Quigg cant sell out any arena while Carl will sell out anywhere a lot of Irish fans will travel to watch the fight but Belfast would get a huge crowd in a stadium. Loved what they said about Quigg not being the real champion stating facts but he will have to take a cut. Nice to hear that they are willing to talk to Hearn who in all honesty fucked up letting Carl go in the first place if Carl was treated better he would never of left Hearns and he would of been making Hearn and himself a shit load of money. His potential is still there. Loved to hear what he said at the end of the fight. Quigg next then Rigondeaux then move up a weight class. The lad has no fear in him at all. Ireland boxing on a whole is in a good place. Frampton doing great things up north and Andy Lee with a world title down South with some emerging talent coming onto the scene Irish Pro boxing is about to explode.
My 3 Irish fighters to look out for in 2015 Tommy McCarthy , Ryan Burnett and Jason Quigley out in the US. A good time to be a Irish boxing fan.

leighton said:
Carl has it all. I said it from day 1 that he was a special talent and he is showing it with every fight. Getting Quigg in the ring after the fight its laughable to hear Quigg talking at times. Carl and McGugian are right in what there saying. Quigg cant sell out any arena while Carl will sell out anywhere a lot of Irish fans will travel to watch the fight but Belfast would get a huge crowd in a stadium. Loved what they said about Quigg not being the real champion stating facts but he will have to take a cut. Nice to hear that they are willing to talk to Hearn who in all honesty fucked up letting Carl go in the first place if Carl was treated better he would never of left Hearns and he would of been making Hearn and himself a shit load of money. His potential is still there. Loved to hear what he said at the end of the fight. Quigg next then Rigondeaux then move up a weight class. The lad has no fear in him at all. Ireland boxing on a whole is in a good place. Frampton doing great things up north and Andy Lee with a world title down South with some emerging talent coming onto the scene Irish Pro boxing is about to explode.
My 3 Irish fighters to look out for in 2015 Tommy McCarthy , Ryan Burnett and Jason Quigley out in the US. A good time to be a Irish boxing fan.

first time i've seen frampton and was impressed, cool calm and very collected, his oppo could have been a dangerous proposition but dealt with him with ease
excellent watch

tonea2003 said:
leighton said:

first time i've seen frampton and was impressed, cool calm and very collected, his oppo could have been a dangerous proposition but dealt with him with ease
excellent watch

For boxing on tv free to air be it itv 4 having someone like Carl Frampton is good and to see him KOing Avalos was good to put on a show for ITV. IF ITV were to back Frampton then maybe just maybe we will see more live free to air boxing back on the main ITV stations. Put it this way sport on ITV isnt much and come the end of the football season they loose Champions league football more money for other sports. Get the money and use it on boxing be nice to see. Maybe McGugian can get a deal for all of Carls fights to be on ITV. Also look at David Haye if he comes back and on free to air TV on ITV would do big numbers. Then Martin Murray could end up on ITV as well all the fighters with Sky will stay but those free lance and no tv deals will be able to get the best coverage to the most people on free to air tv. I would love to see the numbers the fight done on ITV4 and I am guessing if it was to be on ITV 1 the numbers would nearly double for live boxing.

I've seen clips of Frampton before but never watched one of his fights in its entirety and after watching his fight on Saturday night I've got to say I'm completely impressed by him,his speed of Hans was unbelievable and he was hitting hard as well,the atmosphere within the arena seemed fantastic,nearly as good as when Ricky Hatton was in his prime,who will win the fight between Frampton and Quigg? Tough one to call but Scott would have to fight the fight of his life to beat Frampton as he is one very special boxer

unsworthblue said:
I've seen clips of Frampton before but never watched one of his fights in its entirety and after watching his fight on Saturday night I've got to say I'm completely impressed by him,his speed of Hans was unbelievable and he was hitting hard as well,the atmosphere within the arena seemed fantastic,nearly as good as when Ricky Hatton was in his prime,who will win the fight between Frampton and Quigg? Tough one to call but Scott would have to fight the fight of his life to beat Frampton as he is one very special boxer

The thing is Scott hasnt boxed a top fighter yet. While Carl has. Scott needs to be tested but they were looking for this fight for the last few years. Quigg didnt want it back then. I know Joe Gallagher back then didnt want anything to do with Carl and i get the feeling its the same again. Quigg won his title by getting a draw with Sallinas. Also add into the fact that his only named fighter on his record is Rendal Munroe a aged Rendal Munroe at that. He needs to be fighting someone better than that before he fights any of the top men in the division. He should go in with a live threat a fight with Kiko Marthinez would be good. Even a fight with Kid Galahad or even Avalos who Hearn co promotes would be a good judge to find were he is. If he is thinking of going straight into a fight with Frampton then thats a big mistake 1 more fight then take on Carl. Frampton is the best Irish fighter I have ever seen has it all in my opinion. Also seems like he can take a shot too on his chin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.