The Boxing thread

Has someone else on here has already said Joshua reminds me of Frank Bruno physique of a body builder who can punch hard but has a suspect chin & gasses out far to easily .

What dynamics will change now? I mean in respect of the picking and choosing of fights. Does that loss mean he now loses that power and others have more equal deal rights? Will he have to fight people his managers would not have fought previously? In short, how much does this darken his star?

Also what does this mean in general for the division? Will Wilder and Fury be ranked higher now or? Indeed what is Fury's next step.

Sorry for all the q's, kinda interested in this from a casual fan perspective.

What dynamics will change now? I mean in respect of the picking and choosing of fights. Does that loss mean he now loses that power and others have more equal deal rights? Will he have to fight people his managers would not have fought previously? In short, how much does this darken his star?

Also what does this mean in general for the division? Will Wilder and Fury be ranked higher now or? Indeed what is Fury's next step.

Sorry for all the q's, kinda interested in this from a casual fan perspective.
Unless he gets his belts back in the rematch he won't be dictating terms to anyone and he'll be in the queue for a title shot with all the others, as Parker was after losing to AJ.

Unless he gets his belts back in the rematch he won't be dictating terms to anyone and he'll be in the queue for a title shot with all the others, as Parker was after losing to AJ.
You reckon he will get it back? I think that fella did him fair, along with a solid chin it makes it an absolute tossup for me. AJ has skill but that fella is a double hard bastard. He did not seem put of by the hard shots at all.

I get that he's been hyped, no doubting that. If you were to build a perfect heavyweight boxer, appearance wise, you wouldnt be far off AJ. That's what ultimately draws the attention to him. I don't think he's dogshit as many people are now making out. I honestly believe he just took Ruiz too lightly and this might be good for him.

Each to their own, Fury is probably the best in the division, ability wise. Do I think AJ can get to that level? Yes I do. I'm by no means an AJ super fan by any means, that's just my opinion and how I see it.
Agree that Tyson fury is the best hw at the moment . I do think that usyk will be the best if he adapts to hw .

To an extent, but he's still the money man. AJ v Wilder or Fury is still the biggest fight that can be made, it would absolutely drown all over fights money wise. If he were to lose the rematch in the UK he'd be in real trouble but then there'd still be huge fights against Whyte, Usyk, parker etc. Even if he loses his next three fights he'd still make $100m doing so.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone view a fight as bad as you have with this one. Joshua was sucker punched because he tried to take him out after knocking him down. Until that point, although he wasn't looking great, he was in full control and had Ruiz hurt. If he'd been patient and stuck to what he was doing he'd have won comfortably. Instead, probably under a lot of pressure with everything going on with Wilder and Fury and fighting in the USA for the first time, he tried to take him out in spectacular fashion. But he's too slow for someone like Ruiz who took his opportunity of hitting AJ clean on the counter on the inside. AJ was concussed and dazed from that point on so anything that happens after that isn't really worth evaluating because until that point Ruiz had barely landed a glove on him. What we know about AJ is once he's hit flush and his legs have gone he loses all his senses and starts dropping his hands and getting hit too easy.

AJ simply doesn't box to his strengths - his size and strength. He's a victim of his own success of blowing people away and entertaining crowds. But as he goes up the levels the opponents get quicker, sharper, stronger and wiser. He has many faults - gassing after going on the attack, low shot resistance, lack of nous once he's been hit, not being patient, not sticking with gameplans etc. But his overall best performances was against parker where he controlled the fight from the middle of the ring from behind his jab. parker is one of the best in the business but he couldn't touch Joshua. If Joshua boxes like that he can reign supreme again but if he fights with the intention to entertain and blast people away he'll lose many more.
I do agree with a lot of what your saying mate but I do think even in the first 2 rounds Ruiz was easily Joshua . But you make a lot of good points

You reckon he will get it back? I think that fella did him fair, along with a solid chin it makes it an absolute tossup for me. AJ has skill but that fella is a double hard bastard. He did not seem put of by the hard shots at all.
If Joshua sticks to the gameplan and paces himself next time then he'll beat him.

To an extent, but he's still the money man. AJ v Wilder or Fury is still the biggest fight that can be made, it would absolutely drown all over fights money wise. If he were to lose the rematch in the UK he'd be in real trouble but then there'd still be huge fights against Whyte, Usyk, parker etc. Even if he loses his next three fights he'd still make $100m doing so.
He still won't be dictating the terms, they will.
The belts make the match, people want to see higher stakes than a WBC ranking.

This could be aj's Lewis v rahman moment if he avenges it, or like has been mentioned, he's just a modern day frank Bruno, time will tell. Hopefully he's learnt, like Lewis did, your most important fight is the next fight, not the perceived bigger ones after

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.