The Boxing thread

Hi Deontay, Hope you're well.

1. No need for a 3rd fight as the second was not even close, similar to why Lewis and Rahman never had a 3rd.
2. He might not have a choice as he is mandatory.
3. What has Tyson done to give you that idea since his 2-year coke binge? He's fought a few doormen and was very lucky that Wilder was poor against him but still managed to be put on his arse twice.
4. Wilder has recently come out saying the fight doesn't interest him, so basically shit out.
5. Can't see any other result than the last fight.
6. either you're on the windup or clueless
7. see above
So I’m clueless because I don’t agree with you ? What makes you think that your right . you know what I can’t be doing with planks like you that think they are right and everyone’s fucking stupid because they have a diff opinion

Wilder is a terrible boxer full stop, if he can't get that right hand in he's fucked, he has no jab, he has no footwork, he has no head movement, and he has been rocked when he's been caught and doesn't have great punch resistance
It's no surprise anyone who enjoys boxing for what it's all about, the purists if you like which is hitting but not getting hit, don't rate him
If AJ boxed against Wilder the same way he did against Ruiz, 9 times out of 10 he wins, I would like to see Wilder give Ruiz a shot if the Fury fight can't be made as I think Ruiz has the best chin in the division and when Wilder lands his right it would be interesting to see how he reacts, it won't happen though as Wilder won't want any piece of Ruiz as he can't move well enough to avoid his preasure and would get caught by Ruiz eventually
I'm not an AJ lover but you can't accuse him of avoiding fighters, Wilder on the other hand you can't say the same, he has dodged Whyte for years and has plenty of bums on his record, he only took the Fury fight because he thought he was washed up and anyone holding Ortiz up as a credible opponent you might as well have Shannon Briggs in the mix to
I think they have all dodged each other tbh . Out of the big 3 only wilder and fury have fought and that is shameful. Look at the past. Ali Frazier foreman all fought each other numerous times even Lewis Tyson Holyfield and maybe bowe went against each other but this lot won’t even entertain each other apart from the above .

I think they have all dodged each other tbh . Out of the big 3 only wilder and fury have fought and that is shameful. Look at the past. Ali Frazier foreman all fought each other numerous times even Lewis Tyson Holyfield and maybe bowe went against each other but this lot won’t even entertain each other apart from the above .
Bowe dodge Lewis he gave up his WBC belt so he didn't have to fight Lewis, but I agree that the others went at it, but boxing politics knowadays is worse than ever, I think the power Eddie Hearn has at the minute is getting up the noses of the Yanks and the WBC, that more than anything is for me the biggest reason Wilder and Joshua won't get it on and a large part of why Whyte has been ducked also
The governing bodies don't like unified champions and its no surprise for me that the IBF and WBO are pushing Joshua to fight their mandatory within the next 6 months, I think Joshua will end up giving one of those belts up due to this and the fact Usyk is mandatory for the WBO will probably suit Matchrooms agenda
With Usyk taking on someone for that title, I wouldn't mind seeing him go up against Whyte or Ruiz for it, those match ups would be interesting

Bowe dodge Lewis he gave up his WBC belt so he didn't have to fight Lewis, but I agree that the others went at it, but boxing politics knowadays is worse than ever, I think the power Eddie Hearn has at the minute is getting up the noses of the Yanks and the WBC, that more than anything is for me the biggest reason Wilder and Joshua won't get it on and a large part of why Whyte has been ducked also
The governing bodies don't like unified champions and its no surprise for me that the IBF and WBO are pushing Joshua to fight their mandatory within the next 6 months, I think Joshua will end up giving one of those belts up due to this and the fact Usyk is mandatory for the WBO will probably suit Matchrooms agenda
With Usyk taking on someone for that title, I wouldn't mind seeing him go up against Whyte or Ruiz for it, those match ups would be interesting
I don’t mind Eddie Hearn tbh as he put boxing back on the map again especially in the uk .,I know a lot of people don’t like him though

So I’m clueless because I don’t agree with you ? What makes you think that your right . you know what I can’t be doing with planks like you that think they are right and everyone’s fucking stupid because they have a diff opinion

I never once called you clueless

It's been Interesting watching and listening / reading to the opinions of Boxing fans this week. I actually enjoyed the AJ fight I thought he boxed really well, I can't imagine what it is like to get in the ring with someone who battered you in must be a bit terrifying. And he was never going to fight the way he did in the first fight so I thought the tactics were spot on. He did look a bit anxious of gtting hit but who can blame him, I think he's changed as a fighter since the Klitchko fight, I think he got properly hurt in that and doesn't look as aggressive since. If this is the case then he should box like this from now on.

What has made me laugh, is the bile from Fury fans who can't seem to give any praise. Let's be honest, if Fury fought that fight on Saturday night it would be labelled a masterclass, the only difference from that and a Fury performance is the lack of showboating, I don't think Fury wowlud've held that level of concentration for 12 rounds, if he could he wouldn't have got sloppy and caught by Wilder.

I hope we see the top 3 fight just out of interest. In terms of boxing Wilder comes no way near Fury, and Saturday proved no where near Joshua either. The difference with AJ Vs Wilder and Fury vs Wilde is at least AJ carries enough power to stop Wilder, Fury for his size just doesn't have heavyweight power. I also think it makes potential Fury vs AJ more exciting. Could be a chess match, but I think AJ would take more risks with his power shots against Fury, who despite being labelled a genius over the distance does relax, does drop his hands and does get tw@tted for it.

Final point, for me in a few years Daniel Dubois would batter them all. He's got tight boxing and punches like a mule. If he continues developing he'll be in the mix and he has a quiet assassin thing about him. The only question I have about him is can he take a punch, because he's not had to do so yet. If he's got a good chin, he's the future.

Bit of a long post but that's my two cents.....

Wow.

Been banging on about Teofimo Lopez for around a year now and he’s blasted out a decent fighter in Richard Commey to become IBF Champ.
Loma is now firmly in his sights and I would not rule out Lopez dethroning him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.