The Boxing thread

You can't compare in that way though, they were different bloody generations, I've watched boxing all my life, nothing to do with being caught up in the hype, boxing has changed (not even saying for the better) you can't blame the boxers as it isn't even down to them who they fight nowadays.
why cant you compare, are you saying Fury hits harder than Shavers, Foreman or Tyson, Are you saying he is a better boxer than Joe Louis, Ali, or Lennox Lewis, are you saying he has more stamina than Marciano, Frasier or Ali, Are you saying he is quicker than Ali or Tyson? you are right you cant compare because he isnt really on the same level as any of those guys in those areas.

It is also so much easier to win a world title these days as therr are four of them. The sport is dominated by money. Fury is no different to Joshua, both get advised to fight with rematch clauses so they dont lose out on the money. They could chose to box other contenders and title holders but everytime they go for the money. Fury is a very good boxer, better than I thought he would be, he beat Wladamir Klitschko who was the best in the world for 10 years. But Klitschko was nearly 40 yrs old, however that is still his finest monent imo. Not beating the very limited Wilder three times. Furys awkward and clever and he may well be the best in the world at present but until he has fought the guy with the other belts he isnt.

Finally you said i just dislike him, no not really, but i do have an issue with him taking performance enhacing drugs and getting away with it. I dont like how that little incident is quietly swept under the carpet.

Anyway we shall have to agree to dissagree. have a good day.

Has Fury beaten anyone who could also be classed as a great? Great fighters beat other great fighters, don't duck the other top contenders and fight more than once every eighteen months. For example, Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Liston.
He beat Klitschko who was the worlds best and undoubtedly a great despite being nearly 40yrs old.

Marciano five title defences then retired, the youngest of the 5 was 36..the oldest anybodys guess...

Tyson paid lewis step aside..fact..steward called that fight before the step aside ' easy fight lennox'...no tyson fans were dreaming he'd be beat after he bit him...they signed up to sky in their thousands. Tyson got beat by anybody not feared of him..including a 14st 7 lb holyfield
Amasing how history gets written

Well done fury, he captured the hate for wilder the day you was on the fone weighing 27st and wilder was on twitter slagging ya thinking you'd gone...you said youve just decided your coming back to splatter the mouthy twat and you did...he bottled what wilder had to say like cryuff harnessed ajax telling him he was finished...to be used against em. Ten out of ten.

Literally everything most of the AJ haters on this thread like to spout about AJ, applies to Wilder and only Wilder. He has one punch, one range of fighting, it doesn't get any more one dimensional than Wilder. It's infuriating to see people spout the myths they do on this thread, with no facts to back it up. Whenever asked to do that, they go quiet. Such as:

Who are these fighters AJ was "carefully managed" around? It's a simple question, who were these fighters AJ supposedly avoided coming up the ranks or even as a champion? You can say the division in this era isn't a strong one(I agree to some degree) and they are all crap(overboard) but to say AJ was carefully managed around anyone, is a lie.

Wilder has been given offers(multiple), Fury has, Ortiz has, Whyte was offered a rematch. They've all confirmed these offers, one way or another. They all passed up their offers. Wilder himself, admitted he turned down a career high offer(one he will never see again because that fight will never be worth as much). The moron admitted it: "I was offered more money to fight AJ but I honoured our agreement for the rematch". Wilder was always the one ducking. He ducked Wlad too. His manager called him a baby when asked about the Wlad fight, after he picked up his WBC in 2015. Then he told Whyte he could freeze him out for 3 years if he wanted to, showing how corrupt the WBC are.

All that seems to happen, is rather than answering a simple question, certain people like to pick apart AJ's resume(a diversion and laughable because it's still better than anyone else's), diminishing fighters they know very little about. For example, the Pulev win was reduced to nothing by knowitalls. When he was a more accomplished amateur than Ortiz, a more proven professional, he's 2 years younger and has always been in better shape like for like. Pulev boxed Chisora's head off, made it a much easier fight than Whyte or Parker had with an older Chisora. An older Povetkin sparked Whyte clean out, people like to brush over that too. AJ took multiple punches from a fresher younger Povetkin on the chin, he even suffered a broken nose in the first round if I remember right. AJ stuck in there, found his rhythm and knocked him out. That Povetkin knocks Wilder out, I'm almost certain of it. Far too wily for a low ring iq fighter like Wilder, he'd lay traps and spark him.

Fighting Whyte in his 15th fight is something Wilder would never do. Wilder was being floored by a part time boxer in his 13th fight(Sconiers) and saved by a long count by some accounts. Wilder didn't even want to risk fighting Charles Martin because he had a KO ratio up there with his own, Wilder had 36 fights under his belt at the time Charles Martin picked up the vacant IBF. CM was already on the PBC side of the street, Al Haymon was already Wilder's advisor at that time. AJ was the one who exposed that fighter, people forget Fury backed the opponent heading into that fight(and his sycophants fans did too). Wilder's promoter Shelly Finkle nearly had a heart attack when someone asked if he was going to face Wlad, soon after picking up his WBC belt in 2015 "no he's just a baby". That's because Wlad sparked him out with a left hook in sparring with headgear on and he saw it. Parker is seen as a nothing win retrospectively by some but Fury was certain he would school AJ, people like to say Whyte beat him easily but that's not at all what happened. Multiple head clashes turned that fight to cause the knockdowns and Parker had Whyte out on his feet in that last round(saved by the bell). He has declined since then IMO but the revisionism is rife how people try and tell AJ's journey. It's like comparing a Lada with a Ferrari as racecars, comparing Widler to AJ as fighters, it really is.

AJ has more courage and heart in his little pinky than all of the people who try and bring him down for having the audacity to lose a couple of fights. AJ had backing from early on for winning the Olympics but there's only so far that can take a fighter. Ask Audley Harrison, the two are universes apart, to compare them in any way, would be mind numbing levels of stupidity. Bruno fell short at world level multiple times and the comparisons there are wide of the mark too, people are desperate to make these comparisons whether they fit or not. They just don't like AJ, it would be better if they were just honest about it, rather than dress it up.

Another thing that bothers me is this backward logic some have of what "being real" is. The Bronze Bomber is a persona Wilder puts on, an act, he even talks about it as another persona... Fury talks about the Gypsie King as another person too. Do you see AJ doing that Hollywood bullshit? Whispering into the camera like a weirdo like Wilder does? No, he's just a boxer and never pretended to be anything else.

Acting is where Wilder already admitted he wants to end up. Wilder tried two different sports and failed at them before falling into boxing, he openly admitted he was never a boxing fan and still didn't watch boxing in the build up to the Fury fight if I remember right(after 10 years as a pro boxer). AJ was just an athlete, that got into bother for scuffles in the streets, who found boxing as an outlet and fell in love with the sport. He's an Olympic gold medallist, who became a unified champion after only 19 fights. That's despite a limited amateur background since he took up boxing late at 18. The mental gymnastics some people apply because they have an obsessive dislike of AJ is hilarious(delusion hatred, Liverpool fan-like energy). Nobody moves that fast without taking risks.

AJ always had a dream of being undisputed HW champion. He unified all but one belt in his attempts to do that. That right there if anyone has an ounce of common sense shows AJ isn't motivated only by money. AJ will fight on, regardless of what happens in the Usyk rematch. Wilder is far more likely to retire because he's food now to all the decent HWs. AJ still beats the majority of the top 10, I'm certain of it. People need to stop acting like any of them are anywhere near Usyk as boxers.
All very good. But I have three simple words that prove you’re talking shite.
Andy. Ruiz. Junior.

AJ is our 21st century Frank Bruno
That’s disrespectful to Frank. Frank destroys Joshua. He had something Joshua can only dream of possessing. An iron heart and a granite desire.
Not to mention far superior boxing skills.
Joshua is this decade’s Audrey Harrison. Very very similar hype, very similar career, very similar flaws. Ie: they were both shit.

All very good. But I have three simple words that prove you’re talking shite.
Andy. Ruiz. Junior.
The guy's written paragraph after paragraph and you reply with that level of condescension? That's rather poor forum etiquette to say the least.

We agree on that mate . They should be made to fight each other . The good thing with usyk is that he wants the fights and is willing to give way in negotiations to get the fights sorted . We need fury now to start moving quicker and get the fights sorted but I have a feeling he might pack in which would be a massive shame .
Yep totally agree...Usyk wants to also cement his legacy as the best and wont duck any fight.

So it comes down to Usyk v AJ and it seems Fury will have to do a mandatory against Whyte at the same time....if Usyk and Fury come through those then its on for the unification

Ali would destroy Fury, he fought bigger fighters back in his day. Watch his fights. He was so quick, much quicker than Fury. Far too clever aswel. Mike Tyson was small for a heavyweight but he was a far better fighter than Fury and fought everyone including boxers far bigger aswel. Fury need to become undisputed before he can even be considered alongside any of the greats of boxing.
Ali fought in in unparalleled era of greats. And he beat them all: Frazier, Foreman, Liston. Even the second tier guys like Cooper were high quality and Ali always found a way to win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.