The Boxing thread

When have you ever been right on boxing, Paul? (:

Usyk wouldn't get near him and it would be over quite quickly, to compare the Joshua result is folly, most can see the AJ shortfalls, however he has delusions of grandeur, he’s never been the accomplished boxer, what excited the masses was his ability to bang, post Ruiz one, he feels like he has a point to prove about his skill set.... at least wilder accepts he is one dimensional

Usyk is a phenomenal boxer, but the 4 stone he would be giving up, coupled with fury’s beautiful jab, would be a horrible fight for him!
I said when usyk was just an humble cruiser that he would win the heavyweight title which I last checked he did . As for usyk let’s hope the fight with fury happens again he. We can all see what happens .

Enjoyable as the fight was, it's not 'the greatest fight ever' by quite a margin.

For example, pick any Hagler fight with 'Sugar' Ray, Hearns and Duran, then come back and say it again.

But, as I said, good fight.

For me, best thing about it was Russel Mora. Such an excellent refereeing display. Yes, the counts seemed slow, but he did for both fighters and allowed the fighters utilise their inside boxing.

He let them fight.

Moras > Bayliss, any day.
That was a golden era in boxing......

I saw it differently. I thought he was too keen to jump in and split them up early on to stop Tyson leaning and slobbering all over Wilder. Should’ve given em more chance to work their way out of the clinch.

As the ref tired as the fight wore on he was less inclined to try and split them and Tyson was able to walk him back to the ropes in a clinch and then free himself and land a shot or two as Wilder reeled backwards.
Never gave much thought to the ref tiring having an influence on proceedings.
That hairy armed twat from last Sunday may have a future after all.

I saw it differently. I thought he was too keen to jump in and split them up early on to stop Tyson leaning and slobbering all over Wilder. Should’ve given em more chance to work their way out of the clinch.

As the ref tired as the fight wore on he was less inclined to try and split them and Tyson was able to walk him back to the ropes in a clinch and then free himself and land a shot or two as Wilder reeled backwards.

I think at the beginning Moras was working out the best way to address the fighting styles, which is what a ref should be doing. After in the beginning Tyson went with a one-two salvo and straight into a clinch!! No choice but to intervene!

Later on, as you say, he let them fight BUT Baylis would have kept jumping in, whereas Moras was constantly talking to both fighters as to what he saw. "Hands are free!", "Fight it out!", "Not holding!", "Work it out!", "I have this under control!" and only jumping in when he knew they were going to lean on. Totally different enjoyment of watching a match at heavyweight.

Brilliant stuff.

I said when usyk was just an humble cruiser that he would win the heavyweight title which I last checked he did . As for usyk let’s hope the fight with fury happens again he. We can all see what happens .
He was never a humble cruiserweight for starters, the guy has 400 amateur fights, Olympic, European and world gold medals... those who are a little more than armchair fans could of predicted it blindfolded... what separates people like him from the AJs of this world is bonafide experience, which brings wisdom, all AJ had to do was balloon up at the 18 stone mark yet dictated the strategy because of his ego, metal mickey had more movement...

And you’ll never live down the fury prediction but we’ll leave it there!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.