The British Monarchy

Without knowing all the facts, only those that have been reported, do you think Buckingham Palace is racist, or is it a case of lefty snowflakes are creating an argument solely for the sake of being awkward.

Was it racist for Lady Susan Hussey to enquire of Ngozi Fulani about her heritage?

For me this was not bullying, Bullying FFS or racism, it was just a polite enquiry about someones' heritage and has been used irresponsibly (IMO) by a woman who holds a responsible charitable position to create a storm in a tea cup.

I don't like the way this country is headind at all.
I’ve no idea if Buckingham Palace staff are racist I guess some will be many won’t, I do know this particular person was, not sure how you can think she wasn’t if the reports are correct. I like living in a country where bigotry isn’t tolerated we aren’t there yet but heading the right way.

Without knowing all the facts, only those that have been reported, do you think Buckingham Palace is racist, or is it a case of lefty snowflakes are creating an argument solely for the sake of being awkward.

Was it racist for Lady Susan Hussey to enquire of Ngozi Fulani about her heritage?

For me this was not bullying, Bullying FFS or racism, it was just a polite enquiry about someones' heritage and has been used irresponsibly (IMO) by a woman who holds a responsible charitable position to create a storm in a tea cup.

I don't like the way this country is headind at all.

Hussey definitely is.

Was amazed at those words. Even inveterate racists that I know would be fully aware what was said was a big no no. I’m genuinely amazed that someone who’s performed that relatively public role, would say such thing in this day and age, whatever their private thoughts.

I expect she probably is a bit racist. Don’t think it’s correct to say the recipient was ‘abused’ though. Didn’t pick any malice up in what was said, and surely there has to be malice present for abuse to take place.

Just a daft, out of touch posh, elderly racist. Wonder how she voted in the referendum…

Hussey definitely is.
How do you come to that conclusion?

Is it because she asked of her heritage? I don't know the mindset of Susan Hussey but normally people of colour are proud of their history and heritage and are generally proud to tell the people of this country about their background and the struggles of their forbearers, so why take this opportunity to try and exploit a situation which, in a more mature environment, would have been treated as nosiness at worst?

Was amazed at those words. Even inveterate racists that I know would be fully aware what was said was a big no no. I’m genuinely amazed that someone who’s performed that relatively public role, would say such thing in this day and age, whatever their private thoughts.

I expect she probably is a bit racist. Don’t think it’s correct to say the recipient was ‘abused’ though. Didn’t pick any malice up in what was said, and surely there has to be malice present for abuse to take place.

Just a daft, out of touch posh, elderly racist. Wonder how she voted in the referendum…
I agree with this especially they bullying and racist references, at best as you say it is an out of touch lady... but racism? Really?

How do you come to that conclusion?

Is it because she asked of her heritage? I don't know the mindset of Susan Hussey but normally people of colour are proud of their history and heritage and are generally proud to tell the people of this country about their background and the struggles of their forbearers, so why take this opportunity to try and exploit a situation which, in a more mature environment, would have been treated as nosiness at worst?
Because the refrain when the recipient was growing up would have been being told to ‘go home’ from some quarters. I can understand why a black person who was born here would get upset by what was said. Completely get that.

Queen Elizabeth’s courtiers banned “coloured immigrants or foreigners” from serving in clerical roles in the British royal household until at least the late 1960s, according to newly discovered documents that will reignite the debate over the royal family and race.

The documents also shed light on how Buckingham Palace negotiated controversial clauses – still in place – exempting the queen and her household from laws that prevent race and sex discrimination.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.