The British Monarchy

How do you come to that conclusion?

Is it because she asked of her heritage? I don't know the mindset of Susan Hussey but normally people of colour are proud of their history and heritage and are generally proud to tell the people of this country about their background and the struggles of their forbearers, so why take this opportunity to try and exploit a situation which, in a more mature environment, would have been treated as nosiness at worst?

She says "where do your people come from?" after the lady tells her she's British. The stupid old fucker should've been sacked.

Quite possibly. Hardly offensive, bullying or racist IMO. Certainly not national news when the country is crumbling.
Neither is the royal visit to the US - you can't have publicity when you choose it. This was racist behaviour. It is only for the recipient to decide whether she felt bullied or was offended. Yes, the country is crumbling, and change is clearly afoot, which is also why old racists are being called out.

Probably it was because it was biased on the colour of her skin and where she was born or the way she looked. I’ve got no doubt that some people in this country are racist without being aware of the hurt and pain it causes to people of colour. I’m sure I have been in the past without knowing the right and wrong way of speaking to people of a different nationality or background to myself.

Someone in their late 70's having out of date views is hardly news imho and I suspect most of us will be the wrong side of the latest politically correct line in the sand when we get there. The lady she insulted with the repeated questions had every right to be pissed off/offended, but the old woman has immediately resigned/been 'let go' and I fail to see what more the palace should/could do. Bearing that in mind, it's fucking weird that this is front page news for two days in a country where the forde report for example went unnoticed and the 80 odd folk that perished at Grenfell are almost forgotten.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.