The British Monarchy

Plenty of good arguments/ reasons to abolish the monarchy and have a republic. An old lady being a twat for a couple of minutes is probably not one of them. Personally I don't begrudge the 57p or whatever it is a year the monarchy costs me, I suspect that there are other bits of the tax take that are bigger and more poorly spent
Thats a top point tbf mate! People should spend an afternoon on Salford Precient, then you will see where our tax is wasted!

Why didn’t the lady who was being asked the questions say ‘I feel that you are being racist here’ giving the other lady the chance to say, either: ‘I’m sorry that was not my intention’ or ‘I am not’ thereby giving First Lady the option of explaining how she is being racist? Surely that would have been better than going to Twitter/the papers or however it came in to the public domain.

May I just add that if it wasn’t the lady who was on the receiving end of the remarks who went to the press/social media then I apologise. I have not looked on those platforms and am just going really on the outrage shown on certain forums.

90% of people on here have a gran/grandad or auntie/uncle who have said things that we wouldn't in public these days! it's wrong what she said, but she is 83 years old!

I see Ghana fans at the World Cup dancing with white face and body paint on (which is brilliant and they are loving it) but they are not racist just as this old woman isnt!

For Contex, if the woman was of oriental appearance, and she had been asked where she originated from, would it have caused this much of an outcry?

Last edited:
If you are over 80 what seems so? I am over 80 and I’d like to know what it is please?

Well the best people in the media can come up with is Lady hufton tufton whatever she is called is 83 so one assumes 80 is the age that working at the Palace you get your "Racist license" after which you can say what you want to anyone

Plenty of good arguments/ reasons to abolish the monarchy and have a republic. An old lady being a twat for a couple of minutes is probably not one of them. Personally I don't begrudge the 57p or whatever it is a year the monarchy costs me, I suspect that there are other bits of the tax take that are bigger and more poorly spent

fucking subsidised bars and restaurants in the HoC is where I would start before the Royals mate..... 30p Lee only thinks you can feed someone on that coz he can buy lobster thermidor - roast beef dinner - tarte tatin with clotted cream for 30p "at work" and assumes we all can

I see Ghana fans at the World Cup dancing with white face and body paint on (which is brilliant and they are loving it) but they are not racist just as this old woman isnt!

Yeah - as do aboriginal people in Australia for example - its not racists its cultural like dressing up to go Morris dancing where nowadays the black face character is frowned upon - speaking like a racists isn't ( I hope ) a tradition within the Royal Household and all its hangers on

Well the best people in the media can come up with is Lady hufton tufton whatever she is called is 83 so one assumes 80 is the age that working at the Palace you get your "Racist license" after which you can say what you want to anyone
Ah, thank you. Are we able to opt out of getting one as I prefer to be polite and caring to people please? Not that I work at the Palace or would even want to thank you. :-)

Ah, thank you. Are we able to opt out of getting one as I prefer to be polite and caring to people please? Not that I work at the Palace or would even want to thank you. :-)

I doubt its compulsory but I do know a lot of people - my Dad included - who have one and have an exemplary record and zero points on........

Yeah - as do aboriginal people in Australia for example - its not racists its cultural like dressing up to go Morris dancing where nowadays the black face character is frowned upon - speaking like a racists isn't ( I hope ) a tradition within the Royal Household and all its hangers on
For me this old lady has not been offensive. Her comment was wrong, but in no way meant to be offensive.

If an 83 year old war hero in a care home had said the same thing to Diane Abbott, would there be the same outrage?

no there wouldn't be!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.