The British Monarchy

The media would never do that surely ?
Who knows mate. I do think with issues like this, BLM, gender stuff and loads of other protest movements, it starts with genuine people confronting a genuine issue and as the days/weeks go on more and more fringe actors hijack the cause for their own ends. Usually the media/social media just boil everything down into a left v right / gammon v woke pissing contest that stifles actual debate and is basically just a bit boring

This has really made me think about something.

Whenever I get in an taxi with my mates when we’re pissed, if the driver is Asian I always make a point of asking the driver where he/his family are originally from. I do this to put him at ease because he has 3/4 pissed up dick heads in his cab. Every single time I end up having a top chat about his country of origin and cricket, and debate the best batsman, bowler and all rounder that he has ever seen. I don’t have a racist bone in my body. But I have done the same thing this lady has done

This has really made me think about something.

Whenever I get in an taxi with my mates when we’re pissed, if the driver is Asian I always make a point of asking the driver where he/his family are originally from. I do this to put him at ease because he has 3/4 pissed up dick heads in his cab. Every single time I end up having a top chat about his country of origin and cricket, and debate the best batsman, bowler and all rounder that he has ever seen. I don’t have a racist bone in my body. But I have done the same thing this lady has done
Have you ever received the answer ‘I'm British mate’ and then said ‘no really where are you from, what’s your nationality’ etc?

Have you ever received the answer ‘I'm British mate’ and then said ‘no really where are you from, what’s your nationality’ etc?
No I suppose your right when you put it that way! Plus it’s one working class man talking to another working class man when I ask. I’ve never had one driver ever be uncomfortable about it. My dad is mixed raced and his grandparents were immigrants. Like I said I do it make the driver feel at ease. But looking at it now it could be seen as insulting. Which just seems mad!

But I very much get your point

No, but it would be a start.
Plenty of good arguments/ reasons to abolish the monarchy and have a republic. An old lady being a twat for a couple of minutes is probably not one of them. Personally I don't begrudge the 57p or whatever it is a year the monarchy costs me, I suspect that there are other bits of the tax take that are bigger and more poorly spent

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.