The British Monarchy

No , but once you’ve answered should they keep asking where you are really from ? She didn’t ask where did her family originate.
Thing is if you are white they won’t keep asking they will just accept your answer even though your family may have moved to this country many generations after a person of colour’s family settled in this country. That person get questioned differently and in this case more persistently purely because of their skin colour.
I'll disagree if you don't mind blueparrot.

Over here I get asked where I'm from on a fairly regular basis. The questioner is not content with simply the country, they want to know the area and if they have any connection, request even more detail as in how close to a certain town etc.

I don't find this offensive, racist or exceeding any boundary........just normal conversation with a stranger.

Why don’t you tell us what’s up instead of continually making oblique references to some grand conspiracy and talking about a bigger picture or joining dots together.

You’ve been posting about it all day so just say what it is you’re tiptoeing around saying.

I'm not tiptoeing around anything, I don't know enough to say with any certainty what's going on, but something clearly is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy enough for the monarchy to get a kicking, but the blanket coverage and particularly that polemic in the Guardian, with its references to empire and slavery, the idea that racism is not merely the product of individual bias or prejudice, but something embedded in the structures of society, in this case the monarchy, is off the shelf critical race theory.

You might agree with that, fair enough.

But this brief encounter has had all this stuff grafted on it super fast and wall to wall, and that's what leads me to believe there's more to it than meets the eye.

But I don't know what it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.