The British Monarchy

The monarchy is dying on its feet. The traditional reason to have a monarch (in modern times) was that they 'united the nation.' That is no longer true*, and in fact, I would say they actively divide it.

* It probably was in the 1950s. Maybe as late as the 80s.

Sure there will be crowds watching. There are crowds wherever Flying Scotsman is put on a train. So what? Most people are at best, indifferent. I honestly could not give a shit, I just think the so-called royals are a complete waste of resources. They're just a random family, picked by chance to be treated as demigods. It might have made sense in 1323, but it definitely doesn't in 2023.

BTW one of the polls that I saw today said that 70% of blokes are not interested. 70%!
Not interested at all .
How much is this coronation going to cost

Not interested at all .
How much is this coronation going to cost
Why can't they just have a do in a pub function room to celebrate like everyone else?

Church, function room, grub and DJ. Say that's around 2 grand of taxpayers money spent rather than hundreds of millions. And who wouldn't want to watch William and Harry having a scrap in the car park after they've both stellered up?

Last edited:
Why can't they just have a do in a pub function room to celebrate like everyone else?

Church, function room, grub and DJ. Say that's around 2 grand of taxpayers money spent rather than hundreds of millions. And who wouldn't want to watch William and Harry having a scrap in the car park after they've both stellered up?

For that budget they could get a decent chilli con carne and garlic baguette combo. Paper plates. Lou Bega on the karaoke. Christ, if I wasn’t such a rabid, heretical Roundhead I’d be first in the queue.

I was very much an admirer of the queen. Not so much the principles of monarchy, but i think its fair to say that she dedicated her life to the concept of being queen and did a good job.
Cant be arsed with charles and this coronation , no interest at all. Inlike that he seems to be trying to slim lime the monarchy but its not for me anymore

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.