The British Monarchy

Finally got a chance to watch The Coronation Year documentary on iPlayer last night.

Have to say it really is a wonderful programme and the first thing I’ve enjoyed on the BBC in years. Highly recommended.

Some great footage around the Coronation, but above all it gives a real insight into the King himself and the work he does. Some fantastic stuff in there and I also thought Justin Welby came out of it pretty well, which I didn’t really expect as I’ve never been a big fan.

An example of a feudal remnant, that any right-thinking government, of any party, would abolish. Mind you, I dare say someone will be along soon to defend it as a 'tradition' that we should celebrate. <Waves Union Jack, plays the National Anthem on YouTube.>

An example of a feudal remnant, that any right-thinking government, of any party, would abolish. Mind you, I dare say someone will be along soon to defend it as a 'tradition' that we should celebrate. <Waves Union Jack, plays the National Anthem on YouTube.>
Even if some in power wanted them abolished, they couldn't be. They're a law unto themselves. But as you say, they're "traditional"; the country could be on the bones of its arse and burning, and we'd still find idiots in tattered clothes waving at their gilded gates.

Finally got a chance to watch The Coronation Year documentary on iPlayer last night.

Have to say it really is a wonderful programme and the first thing I’ve enjoyed on the BBC in years. Highly recommended.

Some great footage around the Coronation, but above all it gives a real insight into the King himself and the work he does. Some fantastic stuff in there and I also thought Justin Welby came out of it pretty well, which I didn’t really expect as I’ve never been a big fan.

Well said.

The left are angry.

Is there anything that doesn’t make them angry these days?

Well said.

The left are angry.

Is there anything that doesn’t make them angry these days?
Kind of hard not to be because the right have fucked the country in the arse for 13 years.

It’s okay though as you’ve flip flopped from the right to another party wanting an independence referendum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.