The British Monarchy

He did comment on the killing of the three kids , the rest he cant get involved in as he is not supposed to comment on politics

Everything is politics. If he can’t comment on civil unrest then frankly, what is he for?

The irony is, a lot of the knuckle-draggers might actually listen to him.

he doesn't 'have to'

The Queen condemned attacks before.

Charles can easily condemn the riots that took place.

The Queen didn’t say anything in the aftermath of the 2011 riots.

Ultimately it doesn’t really matter as it wouldn’t achieve much anyway.

he doesn't 'have to'

Different circumstances, for now sending sympathy to the killed and injured from the stabbings is enough, not forgetting he has cancer right now

he doesn't 'have to'

I’m pretty sure that will have been at the request of the government and that they will have prepared her speech. If the rioting continues it may well be that the King does address the nation. At the moment Starmer appears to have a handle on it and, understandably given he’s only been PM for 4 weeks, will want to be seen as in control.

It would be out of his remit to do that , he has to walk a very fine line
Honest question then @kaz7,
Baring in mind I’m Irish and quite obviously, not a royalist, but what exactly is the function of the Monarch or Royalty in general.
They seem to be very highly paid to do….. What?
Is it purely ceremonial?

Baring in mind I’m Irish and quite obviously, not a royalist, but what exactly is the function of the Monarch or Royalty in general.
Is it purely ceremonial?
Its all symbolic nowadays Eamo. The taking of Charles 1sts head in the English civil war put paid to an absolute monarchy. The tourists love emm though and as long as we don't take them too seriously then it's a keep from me.

I met the lad a few times, and he always projected as a pleasant chap, although in his senior years he is getting a bit tetchy and grumpy. A keen gardener and horticulturist by all accounts who still chats to his plants: Its good to talk.

Is it purely ceremonial?
Mostly ceremonial for the public view but the monach gets a red box from the government everyday that they go through and sign what needs to and gives some feedback , the monach meets with the prime minister every week and they discuss government business , they have to not be involved in politics or critise the gov or police etc publicly so was never going to comment on the riots

When the election has happened the pm , so sunak, dissolved parliment and goes to the monach to resign and whoever won the election , so starmer, goes to the monach and asks their permission to form a new government , the monach is the head of state as well as commander in chief and head of the church of england so they are important to our whole institution

The late queen famously did the pm change over and red box up until the last two days of her life , at times of crisis she did her address to the nation to keep our spirits up , covid being the last time . I think william should have taken over from the late queen , camilla being queen boils my piss some what !

They weild soft power hence they meet everyone and hosts state visits , like the US president and heads of every nation , the late queen was loved by all the presidents and prime ministers , they all wanted to meet her , i wish she had written a book , would have been amazing

Sorry bit tired but i hope it makes some sense !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.