The British Monarchy

I think you'd make a smashing King if and when the lineage rules change. Actually they have, because you can now marry a catholic and not have to stand down which would be good news for me and I'm guessing good news for you.

Arise Eamo of the Isles or even Bob the first of his line. I have a balcony so will start to get some wave practice in.
What would happen if my son married, the next in line daughter of the monarch and decided to raise their kids as Catholic?
Would their eldest be next in line for the throne?

What would happen if my son married, the next in line daughter of the monarch and decided to raise their kids as Catholic?
Would their eldest be next in line for the throne?
Nearest I can find at short notice but safe to say that a Catholic royal cannot become the monarch.

I get the humour, but therein lies the problem. It’s not really like that, is it?
Separation of church and state.
Head of state where I live can be whatever religion he/she chooses. Provided we vote for them.

It's mainly ceremonial the monarch isn't kicking any doors down demanding laws be changed. The reality is that the Pope is head of the Catholics and the Monarch is the head of the Church Of England.

I'd go full ceremonial but that wouldn't be enough for republicans who are very much in a minority, so you'll forgive me if I say fuck 'em :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.